PHYSICS FORM 4 MODULE 5 PPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMIPPSMI
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION MALAYSIA
MODULE 5: LIGHT Arahan: 1. Modul ini mengandungi tiga puluh soalan. Semua soalan adalah dalam bahasa Inggeris. 2. Modul merangkumi enam konstruk yang diuji K1-Memahami soalan dalam Bahasa Inggeris K3-Memahami istilah sains dalam Bahasa Inggeris K5-Menguasai konstruk pengetahuan K6-Menguasai konstruk kefahaman K7-Menguasai konstruk kemahiran K8-Mengeluarkan maklumat/idea dalam Bahasa Inggeris
3. Murid hendaklah menulis maklumat diri dalam kertas jawapan objektif disediakan. Murid juga perlu memastikan maklumat konstruk, nombor soalan dan jumlah soalan seperti yang dibaca oleh guru di dalam ruangan disediakan dalam kertas jawapan objektif sebelum ujian. 4. Bagi soalan objektif, anda perlu menandakan jawapan dengan menghitamkan pilihan jawapan pada pilihan jawapan A , B , C atau D pada kertas jawapan objektif. Contoh: Antara berikut, yang manakah haiwan? A. Pokok A
5. Untuk soalan subjektif, jawapan hendaklah ditulis pada kertas berasingan yang disediakan oleh guru. 6. Jawab semua soalan. Modul ini mengandungi 21 halaman bercetak
1. An object of height 10.0 cm is placed 20.0 cm from a convex lens of focal length 30 cm. The magnification of the image formed is 3. What is the focal length of the convex lens? A. B. C. D.
3.0 cm 10.0 cm 20.0 cm 30.0 cm
2. The figure shows a light ray travelling from air into a semicircular glass block. The angle of incidence is 42o while the angle of refraction is 90o. The refractive index of glass is 1.63.
90o 48o 42o
What is the angle of incidence? A. B. C.
420 480 900
3. A girl is standing 2.0 m away from a plane mirror. When she walks 0.5 m further away from the mirror, she is now 2.5 m away from the mirror, and 5.0 m away from her image in the mirror. The distance between the girl and her image in the mirror is now A. B. C. D.
0.5 m 2.0 m 2.5 m 5.0 m
4. The refractive index, n, of water is the ratio of real depth, H, to the apparent depth, h. The refractive index is A.
Real depth x Apparent depth
Apparent depth Real depth
Real depth Apparent depth
1 Apparent depth X Real depth
5. The figures show various types of optical instruments and their functions. Telescope
Helps to see very tiny things
Helps in study of planets and stars in outer space
Helps to see distant objects
Corrects short-sightedness and long-sightedness
What is a microscope used for? A. B. C. D.
To look at distant objects To look at very tiny things To correct short-sightedness and long-sightedness To study planets and stars in the outer space
6. The figure shows a pair of binoculars.
What is the light phenomenon that occurs when a light ray passes through the prisms? A. B. C. D.
Refraction Diffraction Reflection Total internal reflection
7. The figure shows an object placed in front of a convex lens.
The image formed on the screen is A. B. C.
virtual upright inverted
8. For questions 8 to 10, choose the best terminology that best relates to each photograph shown.
Refraction Reflection Diffraction Total internal reflection
11. The figure shows a boy standing in a swimming pool. The father observes that his son’s legs appear shorter in the water . This is due to
reflection refraction diffraction interference
12. n =
Speed of light in vacuum Speed of light in a medium
A. B. C. D.
Snell’s law power of lens refractive index linear magnification
13. The figure shows a convex lens.
x x represents the
A. B. C. D.
focal length principal axis object distance image distance
14. A girl looks into a mirror while combing her hair. The image she sees in the mirror is A. B. C. D.
real virtual inverted smaller than her
15. The figure shows a light phenomenon caused by total internal reflection.
What is the natural phenomenon shown? A. B. C. D.
Storm Mirage Rainbow Evaporation
16. Which figure shows correctly light rays passing through a concave lens?
17. The figure shows a glass prism. The critical angle of glass is 42°. A light ray PQ is incident on its surface.
Which figure shows the correct path of the light ray? A
18. Which of the following ray diagrams is correct?
B F C
D C O
19. The figure shows a torch light with a concave reflector.
. ... F Y
F- focal point of the concave reflector Reflector
A bulb is placed in front of the concave reflector so that light rays are reflected as parallel rays out of the torch light. Which is the best position of the bulb to illuminate a far object? A. B. C. D.
At F At X At Y At Z
20. The figure shows a convex mirror used as a blind corner mirror at a sharp corner.
An advantage of using a convex mirror is that A. B. C. D.
the image is magnified it has a wide field of view the size of a near object can be estimated the distance of a near object can be estimated
21. The figure shows a glass full of water placed between a light bulb and a screen.
Which of the following shows the correct path of the light rays? A
22. A convex lens of focal length,10.0 cm is used to produce an image of the same size as the object. Which is the object distance? A. B. C. D.
0.5 cm 2.0 cm 10.0 cm 20.0 cm
23. The figure shows a light ray passing through a glass block.
What is the refractive index of the glass block? (Refractive index = A. B. C. D.
sini ) sinr
1.22 1.35 1.41 1.52
24. The figure shows a candle placed at a distance of 10.0 cm from lens Q. The screen is placed at a distance of 15.0 cm when a sharp image is formed on it.
What is the focal length of the lens?
1 1 1 = + f u v A. B. C. D.
0.17 cm 6.0 cm 10.0 cm 25.0 cm
25. The figure shows a light ray which is incident onto a plane mirror.
What is the value of x ? A.
B. C. D.
35o 40o 55o 70o
26. A student is standing at a position of 2.0 m from a large plane mirror. Then he walks 0.5 m towards the mirror.
What is the distance between the student and his image in the mirror now? A. B. C. D.
0.5 m 1.5 m 3.0 m 4.0 m
27. The figure shows parallel rays pass through in convex lens and form a blur image on the screen. Point F is the focal point of the lens.
screen A sharp image can be formed on the screen by A. B. C. D.
replacing the convex lens with a concave lens using a more powerful convex lens adding another convex lens in between the screen and the first lens. using a convex lens with a longer focal length.
You are provided with a convex lens of focal length 10.0 cm.
The convex lens is held at a distance less than 10.0 cm from the ant. Compare the size of the image of the ant and the size of the ant.
When another convex lens is held at a distance above a dry leaf for along time, the leaf is burnt.
How far is the leaf from the lens? ___________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________
State a reason for the burning of the leaf after a long time. ___________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________
KEMENTERIAN PELAJARAN MALAYSIA
KERTAS JAWAPAN OBJEKTIF Ujian Diagnostik Nama Pelajar: Tahun/ Tingkatan :
GUNAKAN PENSIL 2B ATAU BB SAHAJA. TENTUKAN TIAP-TIAP TANDA ITU HITAM DAN MEMENUHI KESELURUHAN RUANG. PADAMKAN HINGGA HABIS MANA-MANA TANDA YANG ANDA UBAH
SILA HITAMKAN JAWAPAN DI BAWAH MENGIKUT HURUF JAWAPAN YANG ANDA PILIH 1