Six Weeks Training Report DLW
Download Six Weeks Training Report DLW...
SIX WEEKS TRAINING REPORT DIESEL LOCOMOTIVE WORKS (DLW)
Name: Vinay Kumar Yadav Roll no: RM2901A11 Reg.no: 10902849 Section: M2901
INTRODUCTION • Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) established in 30 April 1956 located in the city Varanasi (U.P.) in 300 hectares
• Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) manufactures the diesel electric locomotive engine (EMD and ALCO) and DG sets. •
Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) Certification ISO 9001 (International Organization for Organization) ISO 14001 OHAS 18001 (Occupational Health And Safety Zone)
Specialization of Work Culture at Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) BLOCK DIVISION • Flame Cutting of Components: Steel plates of sizes up to 80 mm thickness are cut by numerically controlled flame cutting machines, Plasma Cutting Machine.
• Fabrication of Engine Block/ Crankcase: • Welding • Ultrasonic, X-rays, Visual • Stress relieved
• Portal Milling Machine: • Engine block machining is done on Portal Milling Machine which is a 5 axis CNC machine. This perform milling, drilling, tapping and boring operations in single setting.
• Angular Boring Machine: • High precision angular boring bars on which different boring inserts are mounted.
• Component machine: • Over 2000 components are manufactured turbo superchargers, cam shafts, cylinder heads, cylinder liners, connecting rods and various gears.
ENGINE DIVISION • Engine Assembly & Testing • Pre-inspected engine block, crankshaft, cylinder liners, pistons, connecting rods, cylinder heads, exhaust manifold, turbo supercharger and all related piping are used in assembly of engine.
• The complete power pack with electrics are tested on computerized Engine Test Bed to verify prescribed horsepower output.
LOCO DIVISION • Under frame Fabrication • Iron plate is cut by the plasma and laser cutting.
• Bogie Manufacturing: • Here wheels and axle is made surface finish and then assemble the axle wheel and traction motor form bogie.
• Loco Assembly: In loco assembly shop all the electric equipment, engine, bogie and under frame are assembled.
Products of DLW • ALCO product • • • • •
WDP3A 3100 HP PASSENGER LOCOMOTIVE 1350 HP CAPE GAUGE LOCOMOTIVE VDM 4 2300 HP CAPE GAUGE LOCOMOTIVE 2300 HP METER GAUGE LOCOMOTIVE 3000 HP CAPE GAUGE LOCOMOTIVE
• EMD Product • WDG4 - 4000 HP GOODS LOCOMOTIVE • WDP4 4000 HP PASSENGER LOCOMOTIVE • DG set (DIESEL GENERATING SET)
Different shop • • • • • •
Fitting shop Machine shop LAS (Loco Assembly Shop) HWS (Heavy Welding Shop) RS (Rotor Shop) TMS (Truck Machine Shop)
Technology Learnt Fitting Shop • Fitting tools • Measuring tools: Steel Rule, Inside Caliper, Outside Caliper, Vernier Caliper and Micro meter. • Holding device: Parallel Jaw Vice • Cutting tools: Hacksaw, chisel and files • Striking tools: Ball peen hammer, straight peen hammer, cross peen hammer. • Marking tools: Scriber, Divider and Center Punch
• Machines • • • • • •
Lathe Machine Shaper Machine Drilling Machine Milling Machine Grinding Machine CNC Machine
• Operations • • • • •
Shaping Facing operation Drilling operation Grinding operation Turning operation
Loco Assembly Shop (LAS) • The complete locomotive is assembled in LAS •
Operation in LAS:
1. Drive cap assembly Air compressor assembly Control stand assembly 2. Driver cap checking Air brake piping 3. Long hood assembly Buffer assembly Radiator setting 4. Engine setting Compressor setting 5. Long hood setting Auxiliary generator assembly and setting Alternator part packing and assembly 6. Equipment assembly Fuel oil parking Lube oil piping Engine water cooling piping 7. Driver sheet setting Damper assembly Air duct setting
Heavy Welding Shop (HWS) • Flame Cutting of Components: • Plasma cutting is a process that is used to cut steel and other metals of different thicknesses (or sometimes other materials) using a plasma torch. In this process, an inert gas (in some units, compressed air) is blown at high speed out of a nozzle; at the same time an electrical arc is formed through that gas from the nozzle to the surface being cut, turning some of that gas to plasma.
• Fabrication of V Block engine • To make or create by cutting, bending, welding and assembling processes
• Submerged Arc Welding • Lincoln Electric Flux is used. Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) uses heat generated by an arc formed when an electric current passes between a welding wire and the work piece. The tip of the welding wire, the arc, and the weld joint are covered by a layer of Lincoln Electric flux. The heat generated by the arc melts the wire, the base metal and the flux. The flux shields the molten pool from atmospheric contamination
Rotor Shop (RS) • • • • •
This shop is deals with the manufacturing of Turbocharger Assembly of Turbocharger:-1. Rotor 2. Compressor 3. Casing
Truck Machine Shop (TMS) • In this shop they make wheel, axle. After making axle and wheel they assemble the axle and wheel. In TMS the assembled wheel, axle, bull gear, bearing cap of axle etc.
• Bogie:There are two types of bogie – Co-Co bogie – Bo-Bo bogie • 1. Co-Co bogie: Co-Co bogie has three axles and six wheels. • 2. Bo-Bo bogie: Bo-Bo bogie has two axles and four wheels. • Manufacturing of bogie: There are two of manufactured bogies • Fabricated bogie • Casting bogie
• Important parts of bogie: • • • • • • • • •
Bogie frame Axle wheels Bull gear suspension tube axle boxes Traction motor brake riggings items air pipe
Nomenclature of diesel locomotive • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
The first letter (gauge) W-Indian broad gauge (The "W" Stands for Wide Gauge - 5 Feet) Y-metre gauge (The "Y" stands for Yard Gauge - 3 Feet) Z-narrow gauge(2 ft 6 in) N-narrow gauge (2 ft) The second letter (motive power) D-Diesel The third letter (job type) G-goods P-passenger M-mixed; both goods and passenger S-Used for shunting (Also known as switching engines or switchers in United states and some other countries) The forth letter (horse power) 3 – 3000 HP A – 100 HP more 4 – 4000 HP B – 200 HP more 5 – 5000 HP
• • • • •
• • • • • • • • • •
For example, in "WDM 3A": "W" means broad gauge "D" means diesel motive power "M" means suitable for mixed(for both goods and passenger)service "3A" means the locomotive's power is 3,100 HP ('3' stands for 3000 HP, 'A' denotes 100 HP more) For example, in "WDG 4B": "W" means broad gauge "D" means diesel motive power “G" means suitable goods “4B" means the locomotive's power is 4,200 HP (‘4' stands for 4000 HP, ‘B' denotes 200 HP more) For example, in "WDP 4A": "W" means broad gauge "D" means diesel motive power “P" means suitable for passenger service “4A" means the locomotive's power is 4,100 HP (‘4' stands for 4000 HP, 'A' denotes 100 HP more)
References • • • • •
www.dlw.indianrailways.gov.in http://trainweb.org/railworld/DLW/ http://www.scribd.com/doc/64559155/Report-on-Summer-Training-at-Dlw-Varanasi http://www.scribd.com/doc/54456974/Summer-Traning-DLW-Report http://www.scribd.com/doc/45187594/Summer-Training-Diesel-Locomotive-WorksPpt