Download set 1.doc...
St. Louis Review Center, Inc. Q UALITY. SERVICE. DEDICATION. 4th Floor Grace Hardware Building, Rizal Ave. cor Capistrano St., Ozamiz City CHED PERMIT TO OPERATE REVIEW CENTER No. 035 Series of 2008
LET REVIEW: INTENSIVE GENERAL EDUCATION Diagnostic Exam I I. FILIPINO 1.
4. 5. 6.
7. 8. 9. 10.
12. 13. 14.
Sa taong 2008, nakatitiyak _____ sambayanang Filipino na mapaunlad ang ekonomiya ng bansa. a. Si c. ang b. Sina d. ang mga Kung _____ bawat isa sa atin ay matututong magsikap at magpahalaga sa ating mga ginagawa, ang ating sarili ay patuloy na uunlad. a. ang c. si b. ang mga d. sina May pulong na gaganapin at isinulat na ang lugar, petsa at oras. Isinulat din ang “ agenda.” Ano ang maaaring salin nito? a. Pagkakaisahan c. Paguusapan b. Paghahandaan d. Pagtatalunan Alin sa mga sumusunod ang hindi maituturing na pangungusap? a. Mayroon bang dadalo? c. Umaaraw ngayon b. Kung aalis ka d. Maraming salamat Ang kasalukuyang bilang ng ating alpabeto ay a. 20 b. 28 c. 31 d. 30 Ginagawa niya ang pagdarasal araw-araw. Alin ang paksa sa sumusunod na pangungusap? a. araw-araw c. ginagawa b. niya d. pagdarasal “Malalim ang bulsa” ng kanyang tatay. Ano ang ibig sabihin nito? a. mapera c. mapagbigay b. kuripot d. walang pera Ano ang karaniwang iisahing pantig lamang at walang katuturang maibibigay kung nagiisa? a. Parirala b. Salita c. Kataga d. Sugnay “ Yumanig ang gusali sa mga yabag”. Ito’y isang a. metapor c. hyperbole b. sinekdoke d. personifikasyon Ito ang mga opisyal na wika mula sa panahon ng Republika hanggang sa kasalukuyan. a. Filipino at Kastila c. Ingles at Tagalog b. Ingles at Kastila d. Ingles at Filipino Ito ay kuro-kuro ng patnugot hinggil sa mahalaga at napapanahong isyu sa araw na iyon. Ano ito? a. Lathalian c. Balita b. Editoryal d. Pitak Kailan natin ipinadiriwang ang Lingo ng Wika? a. Hunyo 13-19 c. Agosto 1-31 b. Agosto 13-19 d. Marso 13-19 Piliin sa mga sumusunod ang tiyak na hakbang sa pagtuturo. a. Istratehiya c. Pamaraan b. Teknik d. Pagkatutu Huwag “ pagbuhatan ng kamay” ang batang walang kalabanlaban. Ano ang ibig sabihin? a. Pagbuhatin ng mabigat c. Saktan b. Itali ang kamay d. Pagtrabahuin Sa pangungusap na, Panahon na upang “ magdilat ng mata at makisangkot sa mga usapin” ay nagpapahiwatig na a. Kalimutang isyu c. Idilat ang mga mata b. Umiwas sa usapin d. Magising sa katotohanan Mahusay “ maglubid ng buhangin” ang taong gipit. Ano ang ibig sabihin? a. Maghukay c. Magsinungaling b. Magyabang d. Magpaikot-ikot “ Ang pisngi ni Mary ay kasing pula ng makopa. “ It ay isang halimbawa ng anong uri ng pananalita? a. Metonomiya c. Patulad b. Pandiwantao d. Pawangis
18. Sino ang nagsabi ng sumusunod, “ Ang hindi magmahal sa sariling wika ay higit pa ang amoy sa malansang isda”? a. Apolinario Mabini c. Marcelo H, del Pilar b. Gregorio del Pilar d. Jose Rizal 19. Kailan ginagamit and mga gitling na “ maka”? Alin sa mga sumusunod na halimbawa ang tama? a. Maka-kursilista pala siya b. Si ate ay tunay na maka – Nora Aunor. c. Maka-ibayong dagat and gaming panauhin d. Maka-ibang bansa and tutunguhan niya 20. Kailan ginagamit ang isang pananalitang patulad? a. Sa paghahambing ng magkatulad na bagay b. Sa paghahalintulad ng dalawang kaisipan c. Sa paghahalintulad ng dalawang diwa d. Sa paghahambing ng dalawang magkaibang bagay II. SOCIAL STUDIES 21. Who is the president who is known for his, “Filipino First Policy” and Austerity Program? a. Diosdado Macapagal c. Calos P. Garcia b. Ramon Magsaysay d. Manuel Roxas 22. Which City suffered from the first atomic bomb on August 6, 1945? a. Chernobyl c. Nagasaki b. Moscow d. Hiroshima 23. What is the form of government whose identifying feature is the separation of power? a. Monarchial c. Aristocracy b. Presidential d. Socialist 24. Alin ang pahayag intinatag ni Marcelo H. del Pilar upang ilathala ang pagbatikos sa maling pamamahala ng mga kastila? a. El Porvenir c. Diariong Tagalog b. El Resumen d. La Solidaridad 25. Which is the type of cooperative, which promotes thrift among the members and create funds in order to grant loans? a. Service Cooperative c. Consumers Cooperative b. Credit Cooperative d. Producers Cooperative 26. Foreign investors are discouraged in doing business with our country. What condition is being blamed for this? a. Poor standards b. Poor technology c. Deteriorating peace and order d. High tariffs 27. Under trade relations which could facilitate the entry and exchange to products with other countries? a. UNESCO policies on trade b. UN agreement on Trade c. General Agreement of Tariff and Trade d. Dumber ton Act 28. Which volcano erupted in June 1991, which made Region III a lahar region? a. Mayon b. Taal c. Mt. Kanlaon d. Mt. Pinatubo 29. Siya ang unang bumuo ng titik ng ating pambansang awit na may pamagat na Himno Nacional Filipino? a. Graciano Lopez Jaena c. Jose Palma b. Andres Bonifacio d. Marcelo H. del Pilar 30. The Japanese successful invasion was climaxed by the surrender of the join Filipino-American Forces on May 6, 1942. Where did it happen? a. Manila b. Capas c. Corregidor d. Bataan 31. Who was the power to declare the existence of a state of war? a. Senate President c. President b. Chief Justice d. Congress 32. Where was Rizal buried after his execution at Bagumbayan? a. Libingan ng mga Bayani c. Paco cemetery b. South cemetery d. North cemetery 33. Which law states that the price of commodity is determined when the quantity that buyers are willing to buy is the same as the quantity that the sellers want to sell? a. Supply c. Diminishing Returns b. Supply and demand d. Demand 34. In 1565 Legaspi concluded a blood compact with the chief of Bohol. Name him a. Lakandula c. Sikatuna
Please submit this material together with the answer sheet after the exam. Bringing the material outside SLRC is strictly prohibited!
b. Rajah Sulayman d. Rajah Tupas 35. What is the exact date of Rizal’s birth? a. June 19, 1862 c. June 19, 1861 b. June 19, 1858 d. June 19, 1860 36. Among the developing Asian nations, one of the following is widely promoted to be one of the better solutions to poverty and unemployment. Choose which one a. Importation c. Privatization b. Industrialization d. Urbanization 37. What do we call the sum of money collected for our use of a road, bridge and highway? a. Penalty c. Tax b. Assessment d. Toll 38. Who said, “ The Filipino is worth dying for?’ a. Carlos P. Garcia c. Benigno Aquino b. Andres Bonifacio d. Jose Rizal 39. No person may be elected a President of the Philippines unless she/he is a_______ a. Resident for at least 1 year c. Natural born citizen b. At least 21 years old d. Professional 40. Who was the general who said “ I shall return” after training troops in Australia? a. Gen. Claveria c. Carlos . Romulo b. Gen. Dela Torre d. Douglas MacArthur III. SCIENCE 41. Why is the Uranium classified as radioactive element? a. It is artificially produced in the laboratory b. It emits alpha particles c. It is a useful radio component d. It is observed to be hyperactive 42. Which of the following organisms transmit the malarial parasite? a. Ants c. Culex mosquito b. Flies d. Anopheles mosquito 43. During investigation, we follow several steps. Re-arrange the following in the most logical manner. 1. Formulate a hypothesis 2. Perform the experiment 3. State the problem clearly 4. Draw a generalization a. 4,1,2,3 b. 1,2,3,4 c. 3,1,2,4 d. 2,3,1,4 44. Why do we have the sun rise in the east? a. The earth rotates clockwise b. The earth rotates counterclockwise c. The sun is located in the east d. The earth revolves towards the east 45. To which type of rock does granite belong? a. Metamorphic c. Igneous b. Deposits d. Sedimentary 46. Choose the abiotic component of an ecosystem. a. Sulfur c. Temperature b. Carbon d. Organisms 47. What instrument is used to measure the intensity of earthquakes? a. Barograph c. Seismograph b. Thermograph d. Hygrograph 48. When we think, study and react consciously which part of the brain is functioning? a. Cortex c. Cerebrum b. Cerebellum d. Thalamus 49. What type of thermal nuclear reaction occurs in the sun which generates a tremendous amount of heat energy? a. Fission b. Radiation c. Convection d. Fusion 50. Which animal is classified as herbivore? a. Frog b. Dog c. Carabao d. Tiger 51. Archimedes shouted “ Eureka!” What did we take this to mean? a. Wonderful b. Enjoyment c. Mystery d. Discovery 52. To what biome do the Philippines belong? a. Tundra c. Grassland b. Tropical rainforest d. Dipterocarp forest 53. Why are mammals described as warm-blooded animals? a. Body temperature changes with the environment b. Blood raises temperature with that of the environment
54. 55. 56.
59. 60. 61.
c. Body remains warm through the day d. Body temperature does not change with the environment Organisms that eat plants only are called a. Ovipores c. Ominovores b. Herbivores d. Carnivores According to WHO, where did SARS originate? a. Hongkong c. Canada b. Taiwan d. China A new x-ray technique is now being used to detect tumors and other minute abnormalities. Name it a. Beam scanner c. Laser b. Radiation scanner d. Micro-detector Which organism receives the least amount of energy in the energy pyramid? a. Snake b. Hawk c. Chicks d. Corn plant How can you help minimize the heavy pollution that is caused by excessive carbon dioxide emissions in the surroundings? a. Burn garbage in your own backyard b. Dispose garbage through incineration c. Leave the garbage to rot in open space d. Burry garbage rather than burn it 16. The ray responsible for sunburn. a. gamma b. ultraviolet c. light d. infrared Why does the greenhouse effect result temperature near the earth’s surface? a. Ozone traps ultraviolet radiation b. Carbon Dioxide traps infrared radiation c. Clouds trap infrared radiation d. Soil absorbs incoming radiation
IV. MATHEMATICS 62. A ream of onion skin paper is 2.5 inches thick. If there are 500 sheets to each ream, how thick is one sheet of paper? a. .002 in b. .02 in c. .005 in d. .00125 in 63. (10)(8) of (x) = 250 a. 37.50 c. 200 b. 20,0000 d. 3.125 64. Evaluate (12)(3/5)(.45) = ? a. 42.5 b. 9 c. 53.4 d. 32.4 65. A dinner menu offers choices of 7 appetizers, 12 main dishes, and 6 desserts. How many ways can you choose one of each course? a. 72 b. 504 c. 25 d. 84 66. What are the two missing numbers in this sequence? 1,2,4,7,11,16, ___, 29, ________, 46 a. 22, 35 b. 23, 36 c. 23, 38 d. 22, 37 67. The host at a party has only 8 gallons of ice cream to serve. She served 3 gallons to the early guests. How many gallons of ice cream are left for the late comers a. 4 b. 4 1/8 c. 4 ¾ d. 5 68. Aling Rosa spent P 91.80 for ingredients and fuel to cook guinatan, She was able to sell what she cooked to 32 customers who paid P 4.50 each. How much did she gain from her enterprise? a. 14.40 b. 42.20 c. 28.40 d. 52.20 69. A dress marked P 240.0 was put on sale at a 25% discount. Because no one bought it, it sale price was reduced further by 10%. What is the combined percent discount given? a. 27 b. 32.5 c. 16.2 d. 35 70. The volume of box is 480cm 3. It is the length is 24 cm and height is 5 cm. What is the width? a. 5 cm b. 4 cm c. 6 cm d. 8 cm 71. How much greater is ¾ of 96 than 4/5 of 80? a. 18 b. 12 c. 6 d. 8 72. A square has an area of 400 sq.cm . What is its perimeter? a. 20 cm b. 80 cm c. 100 cm d. 40 cm 73. Three (3) cavans of rice will last a family of 6 members 5 weeks. At this rate, how many weeks will 2 cavans of rice last a family of 4 members? a. 4 b. 6 c. 5 d. 3 74. In one senior class 1/3 of the students are honor students. Of these honor students 2/7 are varsity athletes. If they are four athletes in the class, how many students are there in the class? a. 84 b. 42 c. 52 d. 60
Please submit this material together with the answer sheet after the exam. Bringing the material outside SLRC is strictly prohibited!
75. The school cafeteria raised the price of a plate of rice form P8 o P10. If the same rate of increase was applied to a regular order of viand which used to cost P20, how much does an order of viand? a. P26 b. P25 c. P24 d. P22 76. Which of these fractions lies between 1/5 and 5/9? a. 2/3 b. 3/5 c. 1/6 d. ¼ 77. A man started painting a wall of 9:00 a.m. an was able to finish painting 3/5 of it at 10:30 a.m. continuing at this rate at what time will he finish painting the wall? a. 10:45 a.m. c. 11:45 a.m. b. 11:30 a.m. d. 12:15 p.m. 78. In a math class of 14 students, 9 students has an average of 76, while the other 5 students had an average of 90. What is the average of the whole class? a. 79 b. 88 c. 81 d. 85 79. Which of these weights is heaviest? a. 5 pounds b. 2.5 kg c. 4200 mg d. 2250 gm 80. Which of these numbers does NOT belong to the group? a. 83 b. 91 c. 71 d. 97 81. The product of two whole numbers is 36, and their ratio is 1:4. Which of these is the smaller number? a. 9 b. 12 c. 2 d. 3 V. ENGLISH
96. Workers in the service sector should be trained to act as __________as possible a. covertly c. rudely b. curtly d. courteously 97. Which is the best way to write and underlined portion of this sentence? However, their VCR kept them from missing their favorite prime shows. a. Keeps c. Had kept b. Keep d. Keeped 99. May I ____ your physics book? a. borrow b. lend c. loan d. credit 98. “ Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today. Such is a good for those who a. proliferate c. profess b. predict d. procrastinate 99. “I die just when the dawn breaks to herald the day.” This is the famous quote from a. Benigno Aquino c. Jose . Rizal b. Manuel L. Quezon d. Andres Bonifacio 100. Successful sales person ___________ and understands the needs of the market a. thoroughly know their products b. their products are known thoroughly c. products are thoroughly known d. know their products thoroughly
82. HIGH-MINDED person wouldn’t lie. a. Unprincipled c. Corrupt b. Mean d. Honorable 83. Lack of appetite and less of sleep gave her a __________ appearance. a. lanky c. easy going b. haggard d. superstitious 84. The Rizal Day celebration reminds us about heroes worth ______. a. Appreciating c. Emulating b. Reading about d. Studying 85. The test was hard for Paul and ____ a. Myself b. I c. Me d. Himself 86. Space age ____ on October 21, 1957 when sputnik was launched by the Soviet Union. a. Ended c. flourished b. Commenced d. cited 87. His apocalyptic views seemed to doom the human race. His view is taken as_________. a. apathetic c. spiritless b. lethargic d. prophetic 88. Stop skill-sallying and make up your mind. This serves as a warning not to ________ a. continue c. decide b. go ahead d. hesitate 89. Her childhood faith in fairy tales is partly to blame for her _____________ nature, which now makes her an easy victim of all sorts of tricks. a. superstitious c. easy-going b. gullible d. trustworthy 90. “ She is a vision of feminine pulchritude.” This quote stand for________ a. Homeliness c. Loveliness b. Plain d. Simple 91. She described her classmate’s statement as too SOPHOMORIC. This means a. Wise b. Immature c. Grown-up d. Mature 92. The army’s retreat was IGNOMINIOUS. This means a. Reputable c. Shameful b. Honorable d. Mysterious 93. The statement, “ She is a rose” is an example of a a. Simile b. Metaphor c. Hyperbole d. Idiom 94. ” Minds are like parachutes; they function only when they open.” This statement refers to ones a. Unthinking c. Lack of privacy b. Wide spread d. Critical thinking 95. History is the witness that_____ passing of time a. Testifies c. Testifies the b. Testifies for d. Will testify Please submit this material together with the answer sheet after the exam. Bringing the material outside SLRC is strictly prohibited!
I. Filipino 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
C A C B B D B C C D B B C C D C C D B A
II. SOCIAL STUDIES 21. C 22. D 23. B 24. C 25. B 26. C 27. C 28. A 29. C 30. C 31. D 32. C 33. B 34. C 35. C 36. B 37. C 38. C 39. C 40. D
69. 70. 71. 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. 79. 80.
B D B C B B D B C B B D
V. ENGLISH 81. D 82. B 83. C 84. B 85. B 86. D 87. D 88. B 89. C 90. B 91. C 92. B 93. A 94. C 95. D 96. A 97. C 98. D 99. C 100. D
III. SCIENCE 41. B 42. D 43. C 44. B 45. C 46. C 47. C 48. A 49. D 50. C 51. D 52. B 53. D 54. B 55. D 56. C 57. B 58. D 59. B 60. B IV. MATHEMATICS 61. C 62. D 63. D 64. B 65. A 66. D 67. D 68. B Please submit this material together with the answer sheet after the exam. Bringing the material outside SLRC is strictly prohibited!