inspiring quotes.for more visit www.dailywisdom.com...
Abundance consists not so much in material possessions, but in an uncovetous spirit. - John Seldon To ease another's heartache is to forget one's own. - Abraham Lincoln I want to look at life in the available light. - Unknown We can often endure an extra pound of pain far more easily than we can suffer the withdrawal of an ounce of accustomed pleasure. - Reader's Digest I believe in the sun even when it is not shining. I believe in love even when I am not feeling it. I believe in God even when He is silent. - Anonymous Jewish holocaust victim Few wishes come true by themselves. - June Smith If time is not real, then the dividing line between this world and eternity, between suffering and bliss, between good and evil, is also an illusion. - Herman Hesse A man without God is not like a cake without raisins; he is like a cake without the flour and milk; he lacks the essential ingredients... - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen What is evil? Whatever springs from weakness. - Frederich Wilhelm Nietzsche Sometimes the best way to convince someone he is wrong is to let him have his way. - Nashville Banner Our language has wisely sensed the two sides of being alone. It has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone. - Paul Tillich Christian faith is a grand cathedral, with divinely pictured windows. Standing without, you can see no glory, nor can imagine any, but standing within, every ray of light reveals a harmony of unspeakable splendors. - Nathaniel Hawthorne The kindest word in all the world is the unkind word, unsaid. - Anonymous
As long as I see any thing to be done for God, life is worth having; but O how vain and unworthy it is to live for any lower end! - David Brainerd To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have. - Ken S. Keyes Truth never damages a cause that is just. - Mohandas K. Gandhi Insomuch as any one pushes you nearer to God, he or she is your friend. - Anonymous Too often we seek justice for just us. - James Thom There are two freedoms: the false where a man is free to do what he likes; and the true where a man is free to do what he ought. - Charles Kingsley The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. - Dean Acheson When death comes to me it will find me busy, unless I am asleep. If I thought I was going to die tomorrow, I should nevertheless plant a tree today. - Stephen Girard People sometimes forget that a rat race can be won only by a rat. - Paul Palmer One of the most lasting pleasures you can experience is the feeling that comes over you when you genuinely forgive an enemy - whether he knows it or not. - O.A. Battista If the truth hurts most of us so badly that we don't want it told, it hurts even more grievously those who dare tell it. It is a two-edged sword, often dangerous to the user. - Judge Ben Lindsey The more a thing is perfect, the more it feels pleasure and likewise pain. - Dante To see what is right and not do it is want of courage. - Confucius
The trick is to hold opinions without letting opinions hold you. - Unknown Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out. - Vaclav Havel Everything looks impossible for the people who never try anything. - Jean-Louis Etienne The only disability in life is a bad attitude. - Scott Hamilton A pedestal is as much a prison as any small space. - Gloria Steinem Science has promised us truth. It has never promised us either peace or happiness. - Gustave Le Bon Courage is like love - it must have hope to nourish it. - Napoleon Bonaparte It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith When we have "second thoughts" about something, our first thoughts don't seem like thoughts at all - just feelings. - Sydney J. Harris A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. - Hugh Downs The flame of Christian ethics is still our highest guide. - Sir Winston Churchill Just remember- when you think all is lost, the future remains. - Bob Goddard "How do you know so much about everything?" was asked of a very wise and intelligent man; and the answer was "By never being afraid or ashamed to ask questions as to anything of which I was ignorant."
- John Abbott
Dwell not on the past. Use it to illustrate a point, then leave it behind... From this moment onward you can be an entirely different person, filled with love and understanding, ready with an outstretched hand, uplifted and positive in every thought and deed. - Eileen Caddy What sought they thus afar? Bright jewels of the mine, The wealth of seas, the spoils of war? They sought a faith's pure shrine. - Felicia D. Hemas, Landing of the Pilgrim Fathers I am not what I think I am. I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am. - Bleiberg and Leubling Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. - Pablo Picasso There's no point in burying the hatchet if you're going to put up a marker on the site. - Sydney J. Harris Looks are so deceptive that people should be done up like food packages with the ingredients clearly labeled. - Helen Hudson Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers Entrance into heaven is not at the hour of death, but at the moment of conversion. - Benjamin Whichcote I have always held firmly to the thought that each one of us can do a little to bring some portion of misery to an end. - Albert Schweitzer People seldom become famous for what they say until after they are famous for what they've done. - Cullen Hightower If you risk nothing, then you risk everything. - Geena Davis Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to. - George Seaton Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for: it is a thing
to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryant
Beauty is in the heart of the beholder. - Al Bernstein The best discipline, maybe the only discipline that really works, is self discipline. - Walter Kiechel III A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice. - Thomas Paine If your dreams turn to dust... vacuum. - Unknown Love must be learned again and again... Hate needs no instruction, but waits only to be provoked. - Katherine Anne Porter The work will teach you how to do it. - Estonian Proverb The happiest couples are those who spell "us" with a capital "you." - Klare Provine A new broom sweeps clean, but the old brush knows the corners. - Irish Proverb One person with a belief is a social power equal to 99 who have only interests. - John Stuart Mill The next moment is as much beyond our grasp, and as much in God's care, as that a hundred years away. Care for the next minute is just as foolish as care for a day in the next thousand years. In neither can we do anything, in both God is doing everything. - C.S. Lewis We can forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato A habit is something you can do without thinking - which is why most of us have so many of them. - Frank A. Clark
Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length. - Robert Frost Experience teaches slowly, and at the cost of mistakes. - James Anthony Froude Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work. - Peter F. Drucker People need responsibility. They resist assuming it, but they cannot get along without it. - John Steinbeck The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. - Dean Acheson The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depends on it. Only morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life - Albert Einstein People need responsibility. They resist assuming it, but they cannot get along without it. - John Steinbeck Everything that is done in the world is done by hope. No husbandman would sow a grain of corn if he hoped not it would grow up and become seed... Or tradesman would set himself to work if he did not hope to reap benefit thereby. - Martin Luther What single ability do we all have? The ability to change. - Leonard Andrews If it's painful for you to criticize your friends, you're safe in doing it; if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that's the time to hold your tongue. - Alice Duer Miller It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon People are always making rules for themselves and always finding loop- holes. - William Rotsler What single ability do we all have? The ability to change. - Leonard Andrews The kindest word in all the world is the unkind word, unsaid.
- Anonymous You can't expect a person to see eye to eye with you when you're looking down on him. - Bits & Pieces If all but myself were blind, I should want neither a fine house nor fine furniture. - Benjamin Franklin Good has two meanings: it means both that which is good absolutely and that which is good for somebody. - Aristotle Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom not to strangle the stubborn atheists who can't see You when You're right under their noses! - Anonymous A fool is someone whose pencil wears out before its eraser does. - Marilyn vos Savant The faith that will shut the mouths of lions must be more than a pious hope that they will not bite. - Missionary Tidings The truest test of independent judgment is being able to dislike someone who admires us, and to admire someone who dislikes us. - Sydney J. Harris I sometimes give myself admirable advice, but I am incapable of taking it. - Mary Wortley Montagu When you say a situation or a person is hopeless, you are slamming the door in the face of God. - Reverend Charles Allen Your successes and happiness are forgiven you only if you generously consent to share them. - Albert Camus What I kept, I lost; What I spent, I had; What I gave, I have. - Persian Proverb Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind. - William Shakespeare He who forgives ends a quarrel. - African Proverb It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all
yourself. - Admiral Hyman G. Rickover My life is in the hands of any fool who makes me lose my temper. - Joseph Hunter Faith is kept alive in us, and gathers strength, more from practice than from speculations. - Joseph Addison Men show their character in nothing more clearly than by what they think laughable. - Goethe The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything. - Bishop W.C. Magee Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom. - Alexis de Tocqueville The strength of a nation is derived from the integrity of its homes. - Confucius Adversity is the diamond dust heaven polishes its jewels with. - Robert Leighton A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with the wind. - John Neal Let not thy will roar, when thy power can but whisper. - Thomas Fuller Frustration is commonly the difference between what you would like to be and what you are willing to sacrifice to become what you would like to be. - Unknown What this country needs is a man who knows God other than by heresay. - Thomas Carlyle Want a thing long enough, and you don't. - Chinese Proverb The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it.
- Andrew Dunbar We are tomorrow's past. - Mary Webb Men show their character in nothing more clearly than by what they think laughable. - Goethe The soldiers fight, and the kings are heroes. - Jewish Proverb There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel Learn to say no. It will be of more use to you than to be able to read Latin. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon There is not a heart that but has its moments of longing, yearning for something better. - Henry Ward Beecher A liberty to that only which is good, just, and honest. - John Winthrop Love is not blind- it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less. - Rabbi Julius Gordon The main discomfort in being a middle-of-the-roader is that you get sideswiped by partisans going in both directions. - Sydney J. Harris Love at first sight is no miracle. When two people have been looking at each other for years that's a miracle. The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. - Eden Phillpotts If there were no hell, no one would worry about heaven. - Welsh Proverb Humility is a virtue all men preach, none practice, and yet everybody is content to hear. The master thinks it good doctrine for his servants, the laity for the clergy, and the clergy for the laity. - John Seldon Power doesn't corrupt people. People corrupt power.
- Unknown A friend is someone who can see through you and still enjoys the show. - Farmer's Almanac Death is a punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor. - Seneca Never close your lips to those to whom you have opened your heart. - Charles Dickens
A place is yours when you know where all the roads go. - Stephen King The man who speaks positive convictions is worth a regiment of men who are always proclaiming their doubts and suspicions. - Anonymous There are times when silence has the loudest voice. - Leroy Brownlow Many people today don't want honest answers insofar as honest means unpleasant or disturbing. They want a soft answer that turneth away anxiety. - Louis Kronenberger Efficiency is intelligent laziness. - Arnold H. Glasow Pride is tasteless, colorless, and sizeless. Yet it is the hardest thing to swallow. - August B. Black Love and hatred are natural exaggerators. - Hebrew Proverb As if we could kill time without injuring eternity!! - Henry David Thoreau To believe with certainty, we must begin with doubting. - Stanislaus I Our character is but the stamp on our souls of the free choices of good and evil we have made through life. - John Cunningham Geikie
Love looks forward, hate looks back, anxiety has eyes all over its head. - Mignon McLaughlin Sainthood emerges when you can listen to someone's tale of woe and not respond with a description of your own. - Andrew V. Mason, M.D. The man who bows the lowest in the presence of God stands the straightest in the presence of sin. -Author Unknown I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know, the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve. - Albert Schweitzer
We commit the Golden Rule to memory and forget to commit it to life. - Anonymous Happiness is not the end of life; character is. - Henry Ward Beecher We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Never try to make anyone like yourself - you know, and God knows, that one of you is enough. - Ralph Waldo Emerson In order to see Christianity, one must forget all the Christians. - Henri Frederic Amiel We do not remember days; we remember moments. - Cesare Pavese It is right to be content with what we have, but never with what we are. - Sir James Makintosh People in distress will sometimes prefer a problem that is familiar to a solution that is not. - Neil Postman Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong. Sometimes it's letting go. - Sylvia Robinson To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it.
- G.K. Chesterton Eternity is not something that begins after you are dead. It is going on all the time. We are in it now. - Charlotte Perkins Gilman Nothing sets a person so much out of the devil's reach as humility. - Jonathan Edwards After all is said and done, more has usually been said than done. - Michael W. Hamrick True humility is not an abject, groveling, self-despising spirit; it is but a right estimate of ourselves as God sees us. - Tryon Edwards To have more, desire less. - Table Talk All men are idolators, some of fame, others of self-interest, most of pleasure. - Baltasor Gracian y Morales A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. - Mignon McLaughlin Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. - Will Rogers All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen. - Ralph Waldo Emerson Morality does not make a Christian, yet no man can be a Christian without it. - Daniel Wilson Fame is a cancer and ego: its seed. - Toad the Wet Sprocket They say TV really is still in its infancy, which helps to explain why you have to get up so often to change it. - Linda Erdman Some people treat God like they do a lawyer; they go to Him only when they are in trouble. - Anonymous Expect people to be better than they are; it helps them to become better. But don't be disappointed when they are not; it helps them to keep trying.
- Merry Browne Never undertake anything for which you would not have the courage to ask the blessing of Heaven. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg If you cannot feed a hundred people, then feed just one. - Mother Teresa Packed in my skin from head to toe Is one I know and do not know. - Edwin Muir We cannot do evil to others without doing it to ourselves. - Joseph Francois Eduard Desmahis
We never become truly spiritual by sitting down and wishing to become so. You must undertake something so great that you cannot accomplish it unaided. - Phillips Brooks To teach is to learn twice. - Joseph Joubert (1754-1824) To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing. - Eva Young It is possible to give without loving, but it is impossible to love without giving. - Richard Braunstein There is no better or more blessed bondage than to be a prisoner of hope. - Roy Z. Kemp A year of self-surrender will bring larger blessings than fourscore year of selfishness. - Anonymous "Men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all the other alternatives." - Abba Eban Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Anonymous God has two dwellings: one in heaven, and the other in a meek and thankful heart. - Izaak Walton
Your friend is that man who knows all about you, and still likes you. - Elbert Hubbard Never let a man imagine that he can pursue a good end by evil means, without sinning against his own soul. The evil effect on himself is certain. - Robert Southey If there is anything we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is something that could better be changed in ourselves. - C.G. Jung Atheism is a disease of the soul before it becomes an error of understanding. - Plato
We evaluate others with a Godlike justice, but we want them to evaluate us with a Godlike compassion. - Sydney J. Harris Whoever wants to be a judge of human nature should study people's excuses. - Hebbel The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps- we must step up the stairs. - Vance Havner The truth is not always dressed for the evening. - Margaret Lewerth They do more harm by their evil example than by their actual sin. - Cicero The truth will ouch. - Arnold H. Glasow The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it. - Andrew Dunbar I pronounce it as certain that there was never a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous. - Benjamin Franklin Gratitude is from the same root word as grace- the boundless mercy of God. Thanksgiving is from the
same root word as think, so to think is to thank. - Willis P. King If this age is remembered for anything, it will perhaps be for the speed with which we embrace things and let them go. - David Konigsberg I saw a star, I reached for it, I missed. So I accepted the sky. - Scott Fortini One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh True love is when your heart and your mind are saying the same thing. - Leanna L. Bartram The pleasure we derive from doing favors is partly in the feeling it gives us that we are not altogether worthless. - Eric Hoffer Love does not die easily. It is a living thing. It thrives in the face of all life's hazards, save one- neglect. - James D. Bryden Churches will take longer to achieve integration because they are undertaking a much greater accomplishment. Worshiping together is a more personal thing than riding trains or attending movies together. Tolerance is not enough; it must be real brotherhood or nothing. - Frank T. Wilson The idea of strictly minding our own business is moldy rubbish. Who could be so selfish? - Myrtie Barker A sleeping pill will never take the place of a clear conscience. - Edie Cantor Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honor of a critic. - Jean Sibelius Prosperity is not without many The church is the only conscience the government has. When the church is silent, the state can have no conscience. - Edward W. Grant It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always valueless.
- Oscar Wilde You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. - Margaret Thatcher Neither genius, fame, nor love show the greatness of the soul. Only kindness can do that. - Jean Baptiste Henri Lacordaire As sure as God puts His children in the furnace of affliction, He will be with them in it. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon Real pain can alone cure us of imaginary ills. - Jonathan Edwards One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness - it is usually returned. - Cort R. Flint Opportunity is often difficult to recognize; we usually expect it to beckon us with beepers and billboards. - William Arthur Ward Many great ideas have been lost because the people who had them could not stand being laughed at. - Author unknown There are more self-marred people in the world than there are self-made. - Arnold H. Glasow Everyone complains of his memory, and nobody complains of his judgment. - La Rochefoucald Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it. - Sam Ewing Life begets life. Energy begets energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich. - Sarah Bernhardt If God were not willing to forgive sin, heaven would be empty. - German Proverb There never was found in any age of the world, either philosopher or sect, or law or discipline which did so highly exalt the public good as the Christian faith. - Sir Francis Bacon The happiest people are less forgetting and more forgiving.
- Anonymous There's a difference between opinion and conviction. My opinion is something that is true for me personally; my conviction is something that is true for everybody - in my opinion. - Sylvia Cordwood Everything that used to be a sin is now a disease. - Bill Maher I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light. - Mary Gardiner Brainard Do not let the good things in life rob you of the best things. - Buster Rothman There is no better or more blessed bondage than to be a prisoner of hope. - Roy Z. Kemp Most people are bothered by those passages in Scripture which they cannot understand; but as for me, I always noticed that the passages in Scripture which trouble me most are those which I do understand. - Mark Twain To know things as they are is better than to believe things as they seem. - Tom Wicker Atheism is the death of hope, the suicide of the soul. - Anonymous The heart must be kept tender and pliable; otherwise agnosticism converts to skepticism... for apologetics is aimed at persuading doubters, not at refuting the defiant. He who demands a kind of proof that the nature of the case renders impossible, is determined that no possible evidence shall convince him. - Edward John Carnell If you have never been amazed by the very fact that you exist, you are squandering the greatest fact of all. - Jim Fiebig Our prayers are answered not when we are given what we ask but when we are challenged to be what we can be. - Morris Alder Happiness is a way station between too much and too little.
- Channing Pollock It is no great thing to be humble when you are brought low; but to be humble when you are praised is a great and rare attainment. - Bernard of Clairvaux Two men please God: who serves Him with all his heart because he knows Him; who seeks Him with all his heart because he knows Him not. - Nikita Ivanovich Panin If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort. - Dave Weinbaum Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. - Abigail Adams A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green. - Francis Bacon If we have our own why of life, we can bear almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche If you truly want to understand something, try to change it. - Kurt Lewin The strength and happiness of a man consists in finding out the way in which God is going, and going that way too. - Henry Ward Beecher Exasperation is the mind's way of spinning its wheels until patience restores traction. - George L. Griggs I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be. - Abraham Lincoln An old mystic says somewhere, "God is an unutterable sigh in the innermost depths of the soul." With still greater justice, we may reverse the proposition, and say the soul is a never ending sigh after God. - Theodor Christlieb Laziness is nothing more than resting before you get tired. - Jules Renard Blessed is the man who is too busy to worry in the daytime and too sleepy to worry at night. - Anonymous
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear; not absence of fear. - Mark Twain To be free from evil thoughts is God's best gift. - Aeschylus Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts. - Nikki Giovanni Faith is love taking the form of aspiration. - William Ellery Channing Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction. - Al Bernstein I saw about a peck of counterfeit dollars once. Did I go to the window and throw away all my good dollars? No! Yet you reject Christianity because there are hypocrites, or counterfeit Christians. - William E. Biederwolf If ever I reach heaven, I expect to find three wonders there: first, to meet some I had not thought to see there; second, to miss some I had expected to see there; and third, the greatest wonder of all, to find myself there. - John Newton Good luck is with the man who doesn't include it in his plan. - Graffitti We can't all be heroes. Somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by. - Will Rogers God often visits us, but most of the time we are not at home. - Joseph Roux The defect of equality is that we desire it only with our superiors. - Henry Becque The greatest pleasure I know is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident. - Charles Lamb Ideas must work through the brains and the arms of good and brave men, or they are no better than dreams. - Ralph Waldo Emerson It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith
The first and almost the only book deserving of universal attention is the Bible. I speak as a man of the world. - Thomas Jefferson People far prefer happiness to wisdom, but that is like wanting to be immortal without getting older. - Sydney J. Harris Christianity is not a theory or speculation, but a life; not a philosophy of life, but a living presence. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge A dear old Quaker lady, distinguished for her youthful appearance, was asked what she used to preserve her appearance. She replied sweetly, 'I use for the lips, truth; for the voice, prayer; for the eyes, pity; for the hand, charity; for the figure, uprightness;and for the heart, love. - Jerry Fleishman Better by far you should forget and smile, Than that you should remember and be sad. - Christina Rossetti A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. - Arnold H. Glasow
OK, so if psychics are real, why do they have to ask you for your name? - Stephen Wright You cannot climb to salvation on atheistic steppes. - Anonymous There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right then, have it your way." - C.S. Lewis How you spend your time is more important than how you spend your money. Money mistakes can be corrected, but time is gone forever. - David B. Norris Isn't is amazing that almost everyone has an opinion to offer about the Bible, and yet so few have studied it? - R.C. Sproul A Truth that's told with bad intent Beats all the Lies you can invent - William Blake Dig the well before you are thirsty.
- Chinese Proverb Knowledge is gained by learning; trust by doubt; skill by practice; and love by love. - Thomas Szasz A man has deprived himself of the best there is in the world who has deprived himself of the Bible. - Woodrow Wilson He who has no vision of eternity has no hold on time. - Thomas Carlyle What governs men is the fear of truth. - Henri Frederic Amiel If we seek God for our own good and profit, we are not seeking God. - Johannes Eckhart He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. - Epictetus A man who enjoys responsibility usually gets it. A man who merely likes exercising authority usually loses it. - Unknown Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away. - Ben Hecht Show me the man you honor, and I will know what kind of man you are. - Thomas Carlyle If necessity is the mother of invention, discontent is the father of progress. - David Rockefeller An atheist is a man who looks through a telescope and tries to explain what he can't see. - O.A. Battista They who forgive most, shall be most forgiven. - Josiah W. Bailey When you run into someone who is disagreeable to others, you may be sure he is uncomfortable with himself; the amount of pain we inflict upon others is directly proportional to the amount we feel within us. - Sydney J. Harris Sentimentality is no indication of a warm heart. Nothing weeps more copiously than a chunk of ice.
- Life Today We do not err because truth is difficult to see. It is visible at a glance. We err because this is more comfortable. - Alexander Solzhenitsyn Hypocrites in the Church? Yes, and in the lodge and at the home. Don't hunt through the Church for a hypocrite. Go home and look in the mirror. Hypocrites? Yes. See that you make the number one less. - Billy Sunday Half the failures in life arise from pulling in one's horse as he is leaping. - Julius & Augustus Hare Ideals are like tuning forks: sound them often to bring your life up to standard pitch. -S.D. Gordon Never try to make anyone like yourself - you know, and God knows, that one of you is enough. - Ralph Waldo Emerson We are but tenants and.. Shortly the great Landlord will give us notice that our lease has expired. - Joseph Jefferson The great advantage of telling the truth is that one is so much more likely to sound convincing. - Susan Howatch Our lives are a manifestation of what we think about God. - Anonymous Time is a versatile performer. It flies, marches on, heals all wounds, runs out, and will tell. - Franklin P. Jones Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable. - Gilb Patience is the companion of wisdom. - St. Augustine Before you let yourself go, be sure you can get yourself back. - Roger Allen We need to learn to set our course by the stars, not by the lights of every passing ship. - Omar Bradley A closed mouth gathers no foot. - Bob Cooke
A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both. - Reader's Digest Love is what you've been through with somebody. - James Thurber Conscience is condensed character. - Anonymous Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Quotations of Courage & Vision Know what is evil, no matter how worshipped it may be. Let the man of sense not mistake it, even when clothed in brocade, or at times crowned in gold, because it cannot thereby hide its hypocrisy, for slavery does not lose its infamy, however noble the master. - Baltasar Gracian y Morales Atheism is rather in the lip than in the heart of man. - Sir Francis Bacon To err is human; to admit it, superhuman. - Doug Larson No matter what accomplishments you achieve, somebody helps you. - Althea Gibson
Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence. - Will Henry The greatest pleasure I know is to do a good action by stealth and have it found out by accident. - Charles Lamb Unless we change direction, we are likely to end up where we are going. - Chinese Proverb Every man has a right to be wrong in his opinions .But no man has a right to be wrong in his facts. - Bernard Baruch The two words "information" and "communication" are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through. - Sydney J. Harris Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
- Will Rogers Do not pray for easier lives, pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers, pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then the doing of your work will be no miracle, but YOU will be a miracle. - Phillips Brooks Time marks us while we are marking time. - Theodore Roethke The greatest friend of truth is Time, her greatest enemy is Prejudice, and her constant companion is Humility. - Charles C. Colton May the road rise to meet you May the wind be always at your back May the sun shine warm upon your face And the rain fall soft upon your fields And until we meet again May God hold you in the palm of His hand. - Irish blessing The cross is "I" crossed out. - Anonymous Crowding a life does not always enrich it. - Unknown
One of the most difficult things to give away is kindness - it is usually returned. - Cort R. Flint Time is swift, it races by; Opportunities are born and die... Still you wait and will not try - A bird with wings who dares not rise and fly. - Pooh (A.A. Milne) In order that all men may be taught to speak truth, it is necessary that all likewise should learn to hear it. - Samuel Johnson Errors like straws upon the surface flow; He who would search for pearls must dive below. - John Dryden We desire most what we ought not to have
- Publilius Syrus Patience is the companion of wisdom. - St. Augustine An educational system isn't worth a great deal if it teaches young people how to make a living but doesn't teach them how to make a life. - Author unknown Most men forget God all day and ask Him to remember them at night. - Anonymous A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both. - Reader's Digest The only freedom I care about is the freedom to do right; the freedom to do wrong I am ready to part with. - Thomas Henry Huxley Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith. - Paul Tillich Fear not that your life shall come to an end, but rather that it shall never have a beginning. - Cardinal John Henry Newman Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible, but man's inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary. - Reinhold Niebuhr You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do. - Henry Ford Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You're able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others, without being crippled by your own judgment. - Ralph Marston True love is when your heart and your mind are saying the same thing. - Leanna L. Bartram Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love. - Erich Fromm Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see. - C.S. Lewis
Love is not blind- it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less. - Rabbi Julius Gordon Where belief is painful, we are slow to believe. - Ovid We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive. - C.S. Lewis If at first you don't succeed, you are running about average. - M.H. Alderson The opposite of joy is not sorrow. It is unbelief. - Leslie Weatherfield No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt Everything becomes a little different as soon as it is spoken out loud. - Hermann Hesse A perfect wife is one who doesn't expect a perfect husband. - Anonymous Vision is the art of seeing things invisible. - Jonathan Swift
If you realize that you aren't as wise today as you thought you were yesterday, you're wiser today. - Michigan Presbyterian Church Happiness is not a reward- it is a consequence. Suffering is not a punishment- it is a result. - Robert Green Ingersoll Little things console us because little things afflict us. - Blaise Pascal The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes Not the fastest horse can catch a word spoken in anger. - Chinese Proverb The proud man counts his newspaper clippings- the humble man his blessings.
- Bishop Fulton J. Sheen Add one small bit to the truth and you inevitably subtract from it. - Dell Crossword Puzzles If you risk nothing, then you risk everything. - Geena Davis Have you noticed that even the busiest people are never too busy to take time to tell you how busy they are? - Bob Talbert All men are born equal but the tough job is to outgrow it. - Don Leary One person with a belief is equal to ninety-nine who have only interests. - John Stuart Mill So great is my veneration for the Bible that the earlier my children begin to read it, the more confident my hope that they will prove useful citizens, and respectful members of society. - John Quincy Adams There is no truth existing which I fear, or would wish unknown to the whole world. - Thomas Jefferson We can't give our children the future, strive though we may to make it secure. But we can give them the present. - Kathleen Norris
A habit is something you can do without thinking - which is why most of us have so many of them. - Frank A. Clark The woman who thinks no man is good enough for her may be right - but she is more often left. - Baltimore Sun Half-truths are like half a brick - they can be thrown farther. - Hyman von Rickover You have to be careful about being too careful. - Beryl Pfizer A wise man will make haste to forgive, because he knows the true value of time, and will not suffer it
to pass away in unnecessary pain. - Samuel Johnson How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. - Annie Dillard If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with a different reality system. - Author Unknown Half-truths are like half a brick - they can be thrown farther. - Hyman von Rickover There is often less danger in the things we fear than in the things we desire. - John C. Collins Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle. - Unknown A lie has speed, but truth has endurance. - Edgar J. Mohn To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe. - Marilyn Vos Savant
The next moment is as much beyond our grasp, and as much in God's care, as that a hundred years away. Care for the next minute is just as foolish as care for a day in the next thousand years. In neither can we do anything, in both God is doing everything. - C.S. Lewis Gratitude is the heart's memory. - Anonymous The word "Angel" simply means "messenger." If angels are messengers, then someone, somewhere must be sending a message. - Dan Schaeffer Fate leads the willing, and drags along those who hang back.
- Seneca The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work. - Patricia Clafford Marriages may be made in heaven, but man is responsible for the maintenance work. - Changing Times I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it. - Edith Sitwell People who invite trouble always complain when it accepts. - Lane Olinghouse I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much trouble. - Rudyard Kipling Show me the man you honor, and I will know what kind of man you are. - Thomas Carlyle What we do not understand we do not possess. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Do not let the good things in life rob you of the best things. - Buster Rothman Youth is when you blame all your troubles on your parents; maturity is when you learn that everything is the fault of the younger generation. - Harold Coffin
If you cannot feed a hundred people, then feed just one. - Mother Teresa Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots. - Frank A. Clark You can't test courage cautiously. - Annie Dillard After all is said and done, more has usually been said than done. - Michael W. Hamrick
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen. - Ralph Waldo Emerson If you ask enough people, you can usually find someone who will advise you to do what you were going to do anyway. - Weston Smith Worriers spend a lot of time shoveling smoke. - Claude McDonald It is never a question with any of us of faith or no faith; the question is always in what or whom do we put our faith. - Anonymous For happiness one needs security, but joy can spring like a flower even from the cliffs of despair. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh Strike from mankind the principles of faith, and man would have no more history than a flock of sheep. - John Bulwer Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate. - Thomas F. Jones, Jr. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Anonymous Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from praise of men, but from doing something worthwhile. - Sir Wilfred Grenfell A man ninety years old was asked to what he attributed his longevity. 'I reckon,' he said, with a twinkle in his eye, 'It's because most nights I went to bed and slept when I should have sat up and worried." - Dorothea Kent Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. - Quotations of Courage & Vision There is only misfortune in not being loved; there is misery in not loving. - Albert Camus If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record. - Jan McKeithen He became what we are that He might make us what He is.
- Athanasius (speaking of Jesus of Nazareth) It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye. - The Little Prince Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself but because it contradicts them. - The Defender There is no man so good who, were he to submit all his thoughts and actions to the law, would not deserve hanging ten times in his life. - Michel Eyquem de Montaigne A ship in harbor is safe-- but that is not what ships are for. - John A. Shedd Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton, Jr. Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it. - Anonymous All mankind is divided into three classes: those who are immovable, those who are movable; and those who move. - Benjamin Franklin You are not a fool just because you have done something foolish - only if the folly of it escapes you. - Jim Fiebig Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers Every person should have a special cemetery lot in which to bury the faults of friends and loved ones. - Anonymous
Only in growth, reform, and change, paradoxically enough, is true security to be found. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh He became what we are that He might make us what He is. - Athanasius (speaking of Jesus of Nazareth) Those who imagine that the world is against them have generally conspired to make it true.
- Sydney J. Harris Words must surely be counted among the most powerful drugs man ever invented. - Leo Rosten It is not reason makes faith hard, but life. - Jean Ingelow Marriages may be made in heaven, but man is responsible for the maintenance work. - Changing Times Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots. - Frank A. Clark Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic. - Dan Rather Success may be the ability to be happy with whatever we're stuck with. - Marilyn vos Savant The quickest way to become an old dog is to stop learning new tricks. - John Rooney What I admire in Columbus is not his having discovered a world but his having gone to search for it on the faith of an opinion. - A. Robert Turgot A perfect wife is one who doesn't expect a perfect husband. - Anonymous Never does the human soul appear so strong and noble as when it forgoes revenge and dares to forgive an injury. - Edwin Hubbell Chapin If Jesus Christ were to come today people would not even crucify him. The would ask him to dinner, hear what he has to say, and make fun of it. - Thomas Carlyle We find freedom when we find God; we lose it when we lose Him. - Paul E. Scherer The most valuable talent is that of never using two words when one will do. - Thomas Jefferson Do not make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.
- Thomas J. Watson, Sr. Many people feel "guilty" about things they shouldn't feel guilty about, in order to shut out feelings of guilt about things they should feel guilty about. - Sydney J. Harris I have read Plato and Cicero sayings that are very wise and beautiful; but I never read in either of them: "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give thee rest." - St. Augustine Patience often gets the credit that belongs to fatigue. - Franklin P. Jones Do not make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up. - Thomas J. Watson, Sr. Faith on a full stomach may be simply contentment- but if you have it when you're hungry, it's genuine. - Frank A. Clark Far away, there in the sunshine, are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they may lead. - Louisa May Alcott Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good. - Joe Paterno People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes. - Abigail Van Buren Sometimes the best way to convince someone he is wrong is to let him have his way. - Nashville Banner A book, tight shut, is but a block of paper. - Chinese proverb
Truth hurts - not the searching after; the running from! - John Eyberg Life's real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up. - Unknown
We must never throw away a bushel of truth because it happens to contain a few grains of chaff. - Dean Stanley There are no hopeless situations; there are only people who have grown hopeless about them. - Clare Boothe Luce The Past is over for all of us... the Future is promised to none of us. - Wayne Dyer Happiness is a way station between too much and too little. - Channing Pollock If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size? - Sydney J. Harris Fame is a cancer and ego: its seed. - Toad the Wet Sprocket Wisdom too often never comes, and so one ought not to reject it merely because it comes late. - Felix Frankfurter The quickest way to become an old dog is to stop learning new tricks. - John Rooney One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall in again. - Judith Viorst The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work. - Patricia Clafford Ill gotten gains will be ill spent. - Cicero Silence is true wisdom's best reply. - Eurpides
We can forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato Whatever man loves, that is his god. For he carries it in his heart; he goes about with it night and day; he sleeps and wakes with it, be it what it may
- wealth or self, pleasure or renown. - Martin Luther Opinions are flexible prejudices. - Gerald Horton Bath An aim in life is the only fortune worth finding. - Robert Louis Stevenson Let those that love us, love us. And those that don't, may God turn their hearts. And, if He cannot turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping! - Irish blessing Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. - Erica Jong Improvement begins with "I." - Arnold H. Glasow An argument is the longest distance between two points of view. - Dan Bennett We are no more responsible for the evil thoughts that pass through our minds than a scarecrow for the birds which fly over the seedplot he has to guard. The sole responsibility in each case is to prevent them from settling. - John Churtom Collins A bad conscience embitters the sweetest comforts; a good one sweetens the bitterest crosses. - Anonymous Love must be learned again and again... Hate needs no instruction, but waits only to be provoked. - Katherine Anne Porter Temptation usually comes in through a door that has deliberately been left open. - Unknown No man, for any considerable time, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true. - Nathaniel Hawthorne I can do only one thing at a time, but I can avoid doing many things simultaneously. - Asleigh Brilliant Sometimes I think I understand everything... Then I regain consciousness. - Ashleigh Brilliant
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. - Ambrose Redmoon The hardest thing in the world to open is a closed mind. - Modern Maturity Everyone is an explorer. How could you possibly live your life looking at a door and not open it? - Robert D. Ballard The true test of humility is whether you can say grace before eating crow. - Robert Orben There's no point in burying the hatchet if you're going to put up a marker on the site. - Sydney J. Harris If moral behavior were simply following rules, we could program a computer to be moral. - Samuel P. Ginder People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves. - Albert Camus We're all proud of making little mistakes. It gives us the feeling we don't make any big ones. - Andrew A. Rooney Just remember- when you think all is lost, the future remains. - Bob Goddard The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Ghandi Shared joy is double joy and shared sorrow is half-sorrow. - Swedish Proverb And there 's a lust in man no charm can tame, Of loudly publishing our neighbour's shame; On eagles' wings immortal scandals fly, While virtuous actions are but born and die. - Stephen Harvey The impossible is often the untried. - Jim Goodwin If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record. - Jan McKeithen Love looks forward, hate looks back, anxiety has eyes all over its head.
- Mignon McLaughlin People seem to get nostalgic about a lot of things they weren't so crazy about the first time around. - Webster's Crosswords Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong. Sometimes it's letting go. - Sylvia Robinson If life is a comedy to him who thinks and a tragedy to him who feels, it is a victory to him who believes. - Anonymous No man is free who is a slave to the flesh. - Seneca Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Anonymous Suspicion often creates what it suspects. - C.S. Lewis In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. - Theodore Roosevelt The most prominent place in hell is reserved for those who are neutral on the great issues of life. - Billy Graham Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love. - Erich Fromms Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain The book to read is not the one which thinks for you, but the one which makes you think. No book in the world equals the Bible for that. - James McCosh There is no permanent place in [this universe] for evil... Evil may hide behind this fallacy and that, but it will be hunted from fallacy to fallacy until there is no more fallacy for it to hide behind. - Thomas Carlyle
Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
- Abigail Adams Experience is a hard teacher, it tests first and teaches afterward. - Unknown Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. - Art Linkletter God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame. - Elizabeth Barrett Browning There's not a joy the world can give like that it takes away. - Lord Byron Courage can't see around corners, but goes around them anyway. - Mignon McLaughlin If you have made mistakes... there is always another chance for you... you may have a fresh start any moment you chose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. - Mary Pickford We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements in life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. - Charles Kingsley Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see. - C.S. Lewis The confession of evil works is the first beginning of good works. - St. Augustine Love doesn't just sit there like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new. - Ursula K. LeGuin Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away. - Ben Hecht Great men are they who see that spiritual is stronger than any material force. - Ralph Waldo Emerson When you are in deep water, it's a good idea to keep your mouth shut. - St. Louis Tribune Fear cannot be without hope nor hope without fear.
- Benedict de Spinoza Why is the Atheist's main target always Jesus of Nazareth, and never Buddha, Confucius, or Mohammed? Why is the aspiring athlete's target always the true champion and never the also-rans? - Anonymous The trick is to hold opinions without letting opinions hold you. - Unknown It is no use saying, "We are doing our best." You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary. - Sir Winston Churchill No amount of good deeds can make us good persons. We must be good before we can do good. - Chester A. Pennington To the victor belong the responsibilities. - Al Bernstein Always put off until tomorrow what you shouldn't do at all. - Morris Mandel You can't run a society or cope with its problems if people are not held accountable for what they do. - John Leo While faith makes all things possible, it is love that makes all things easy. - Evan H. Hopkins What I admire in Columbus is not his having discovered a world but his having gone to search for it on the faith of an opinion. - A. Robert Turgot There are so many men who can figure costs, and so few who can measure values. - California Tribune Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope. - Josh Billings In about the same degree as you are helpful, you will be happy. - Karl Reiland You do not destroy an idea by killing people; you replace it with a better one. - Edward Keating The difference between a hero and a coward is one step sideways. - Gene Hackman
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free practice thereof. - First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States I couldn't wait for success... so I went ahead without it. - Jonathan Winters When you speak of heaven, let your face light up... When you speak of hell- well then, your everyday face will do. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these. - Bob Goddard Some people always sigh in thanking God. - Elizabeth Barrett Browning 'Tis not where we lie, but whence we fell; The loss of heaven's the greatest pain in hell. - Pedro Calderon de la Barca Christian faith is a grand cathedral, with divinely pictured windows. Standing without, you can see no glory, nor can imagine any, but standing within, every ray of light reveals a harmony of unspeakable splendors. - Nathaniel Hawthorne The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up. - J.M. Power The true way to be humble is not to stoop until you are smaller than yourself, but to stand at your real height against some higher nature that will show you what the real smallness of your greatness is. - Phillips Brooks You cannot train a horse with shouts and expect it to obey a whisper. - Dagobert D. Runes How you spend your time is more important than how you spend your money. Money mistakes can be corrected, but time is gone forever. - David B. Norris We bring the atoms of sin to the cross where they are smashed. - Anonymous It's not a question of who's going to throw the first stone; it's a question of who's going to start building with it.
- Sloan Wilson If anything is worth doing, it is worth telling someone how to do it well. - Franklin P. Jones The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said. - Peter F. Drucker Love is what you've been through with somebody. - James Thurber I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out. - Stephen Wright God gave us our memories so that we might have roses in December. - James M. Barrie The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it. - Lou Holtz Opportunity is often difficult to recognize; we usually expect it to beckon us with beepers and billboards. - William Arthur Ward Reflect upon your present blessings - of which every man has many- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. - Charles Dickens Sin can bring pleasure, but never happiness. - R.C. Sproul Faith is, in the spiritual realm, what money is in the commercial realm. - Anonymous A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for. - John A. Shedd Our Creator would never have made such lovely days and have given us the deep hearts to enjoy them unless we were meant to be immortal. - Nathaniel Hawthorne The eyes shout what the lips fear to say. - Will Henry All men are idolators, some of fame, others of self-interest, most of pleasure.
- Baltasor Gracian y Morales
The unexamined life is not worth living. - Socrates Time neither subtracts nor divides, but adds at such a pace it seems like multiplication. - Bob Talbert A wise man is one who has finally discovered that there are some questions to which nobody has the answer. - Unknown An atheist's most embarrassing moment is when he feels profoundly thankful for something, but can't think of anybody to thank for it. - Mary Ann Vincent. The question is not whether a doctrine is beautiful but whether it is true. When we wish to go to a place, we do not ask whether the road leads through a pretty country, but whether it is the right road. - Augustus William and Julius Charles Hare Friends, though absent, are still present. - Cicero It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. - William G. McAdoo No man will learn anything at all, unless he first will learn humility. - Owen Merideth A good listener is not only popular everywhere, but, after a while, knows something. - Wilson Mizner A friend is someone who can see through you and still enjoys the show. - Farmer's Almanac Divine love is a sacred flower, which in its early bud is happiness, and in its full bloom is heaven. - Eleanor Louisa Hervey The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook. - William James To get to heaven, turn right and keep straight. - Wesleyan Methodist
Have you noticed that even the busiest people are never too busy to take time to tell you how busy they are? - Bob Talbert
A "No" uttered from deepest conviction is better and greater than a "Yes" merely uttered to please, or what is worse, to avoid trouble. - Mohandis K. Gandhi A lie has speed, but truth has endurance. - Edgar J. Mohn "I can forgive but I cannot forget," is only another way of saying, "I cannot forgive." - Henry Ward Beecher Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. - Unknown Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor, to console him for what he is. - Wall Street Journal Mere change is not growth. Growth is the synthesis of change and continuity, and where there is no continuity there is no growth. - C.S. Lewis You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. - James D. Miles Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh Justice is truth in action. - Joseph Joubert The Lord is my shepherd, that's all I want. - Small child misquoting the Bible's 23rd Psalm Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced. Even a proverb is no proverb to you till your life has illustrated it. - John Keats