Pakistan Affairs MCQs Final
Pakistan Affairs MCQs Final...
1. Pakistan Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 41. Muhammad bin Qasim entered Sindh in __________ A.D. A. 612 B. 660 C. 712 D. 760 42. The objective resolution of Pakistan was passed on _________ . A. Mrach 12, 1948 B. August 12, 1948 C. Mrach 12, 1949 D. August 12, 1949 43. _________ allowed East India Company to reside and build factories inSurat. A. Jahangir B. Humayun C. Akbar D. Shah Jahan 44. Muhammad Ali Bogra's formula was presented to the constituent assembly on __________ . A. March 7, 1952 B. October 7, 1952 C. March 7, 1953 D. October 7, 1953 45. The constitution of 1973 was came into effect on __________ . A. March 12, 1973 B. March 23, 1973 C. August 14, 1973 D. September 06, 1973 46. A total of __________ amendments to the constitution of 1973 have been passed by the Parliament. A. 19 B. 20 C. 21 D. 22 47. Faisal Mosque was built by a/an _________ architect. A. Saudi B. Turkish C. American D. French 48. The governor of Punjab is __________. A. Chaudhry Sarwar B. Salman Taseer C. Shehbaz Sharif D. Rafique Rajwana 49. Tarbela Dam is located in __________ District. A. Wazirabad B. Jhelum C. Mirpur D. Haripur
50. Mirani Dam is located in __________ District. A. Turbat B. Swabi C. Khuzdar D. Pashin ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 41. C 42. C 43. A 44. D 45. C 46. C 47. B 48. D 49. D 50. A > Pakistan Affairs MCQs (51-60)
2. Pakistan Affairs MCQs Page-6.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 51. The Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline was officially inaugurated on _______. E. March 11, 2013 A. March 13, 2013 B. March 15, 2013 C. March 17, 2013 52. The Iran–Pakistan gas pipeline is also called __________. A. friendship pipeline B. future pipeline F. peace pipeline C. unity pipeline 53. Foreign Secretary of Pakistan is __________ . A. Jalil Abbas Jilani B. Tariq Fatimi C. Salman Bashir G. Aizaz Chaudhry 54. Number of Districts in Sindh province are __________ . A. 21 B. 22 C. 23 H. 24 55. Who chose the name of Pakistan? A. Quaid-e-Azam B. Allama Iqbal C. Hafiz Jalandhri D. Chaudry Rehmat Ali 56. The national anthem of Pakistan is written by? A. Quaid-e-Azam
B. C. D.
Allama Iqbal Hafiz Jalandhri Chaudry Rehmat Ali
57. Who was convicted in Rawalpindi Conspiray Case? A. Faiz Ahmed Faiz B. Habib Jalib C. Shorash Kashmiri D. Hafiz Jalandhri 58. Pakistan purchased Gawader from __________ . A. Oman B. Iran C. Kuwait D. None of these 59. Natural Gas was discovered in Sui, Baluchistan in __________ . A. 1948 B. 1950 C. 1952 D. 1954 60. The foundation stone of Diamer-Bhasha Dam was laid by __________ . A. Nawaz Sharif B. Yousuf Raza Gilani C. Shaukat Aziz D. Asif Zardari ANSWERS: CURRENT AFFAIRS OF PAKISTAN MCQs 51. A 52. C 53. D 54. D 55. D 56. C 57. A 58. A 59. C 60. B > Current Affairs of Pakistan MCQs (61-70)
3. Pakistan Affairs MCQs Page-7.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 61. Coal-based power project is approved at _________. A. Khairpur B. Thatta C. Karachi D. Jamshoro 62. Contract to operate Gwadar Port was given to __________ . A. United States B. China C. Saudi Arabia D. Dubai
63. Iran to set up oil refinary in _________ . A. Gwadar B. DG Khan C. DI Khan D. Quetta 64. Before General Elections 2013, who was the caretaker Prime Minister of Pakistan? A. Mir Hazara Khan B. Najam Sethi C. Fakharuddin G. Ibrahim D. Rana Bhagwan Das 65. Who serves as the acting Prime Minister in the absence of Prime Minister? A. Federal Senior Minister B. Speaker National Assembly C. Chairman Senate D. Foreign Minister 66. General Elections 2013 were held on __________ . A. 10 May 2013 B. 11 May 2013 C. 12 May 2013 D. 13 May 2013 67. Pakistani film __________ won best film award in United States. A. War B. Sargam C. Lamha D. None of these 68. Nawaz Sharif sworned in as Prime Minister of Pakistan on __________? A. 02 June 2013 B. 05 June 2013 C. 07 June 2013 D. 09 June 2013 69. President Mamnoon Hussain took oath on __________ . A. 05 September 2013 B. 07 September 2013 C. 09 September 2013 D. 11 September 2013 70. The newest district of Balochistan is __________ . A. Sheerani B. Jhal Magsi C. Washuk D. Lehri ANSWERS: MCQS PAKISTAN AFFAIRS (61 - 70) 61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 67. 68.
D B A A B B C B
69. C 70. D > MCQs of Pakistan Affairs (71-80)
4. Pakistan Affairs MCQs Page-8.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 71. The first Pakistani woman to scale Mount Everest is _________ . A. Saba Khan B. Samina Baig C. Ayesha Ishaq D. Shiza Bilal 72. Gomal Zam Dam has been constructed in __________ . A. South Waziristan Agency B. North Waziristan Agency C. Khyber Agency D. Mohmand Agency 73. Gomal Zam Dam was inaugurated on 12 September 2013 by ________. A. Nawaz Sharif B. Asif Zardari C. Gen. (R) Ashfaq Pervez Kiyani D. Khawaja Muhammad Asif 74. The first private Hydel Power plant, constructed by Laraib Energy Limited is located at ___________ . A. Hub B. Mangla C. Gwadar D. Mianwali 75. Who is the chairman of NAB? A. Saeed Ahmed Sargana B. Chaudhry Qamar Zaman C. Chaudhry Rashid Ahmed D. Rao Tehsin 76. Who is the Attorney General of Pakistan? A. Irfan Qadir B. Salman Aslam Butt C. Justice (R) Anwar ul Haq D. Akram Sheikh 77. India has constructed "Baglihar Dam" in __________ district of Occupied Kashmir. A. Udhampur B. Poonch C. Jammu D. Doda 78. India is constructing "Kishanganga Dam" on the __________ River. A. Indus B. Ravi C. Jhelum D. Sutlej
79. The total number of Agencies in Federally Administrated Tribal Areas (FATA) are __________ . A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 8 80. General Raheel Ashraf took oath as Army Chief on __________ . A. 23 November 2013 B. 25 November 2013 C. 27 November 2013 D. 29 November 2013 ANSWERS: MCQS PAKISTAN AFFAIRS (71 - 80) 71. 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. 79. 80.
B A D B B B D C C D > Pakistan Affairs Quiz (81-90)
5. Pakistan Affairs MCQs Page-9.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 81. Militants attacked Quaid's residency in _________ . A. Karachi B. Quetta C. Ziarat D. London 82. The deadly Earthquake striked Balochistan on __________ . A. 22 September 2013 B. 24 September 2013 C. 26 September 2013 D. 28 September 2013 83. Who is the Chief Justice of Pakistan? A. Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry B. Chaudhry Aijaz Ahmed C. Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk D. Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali 84. The new Chief Justice of Pakistan sworned in on __________ . A. 06 September 2015 B. 08 September 2015 C. 10 September 2015 D. 12 September 2015 85. Who is the leader of the opposition?
A. B. C. D.
Imran Khan Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman Khursheed Shah Farooq Sattar
86. Who was the first Muslim Nobel Laureate? A. Dr Abdus Salam B. Anwar Sadaat C. Dr Muhammad Younus D. Shah Faisal 87. Who is the writer of Urdu Book "Pakistan Naguzeer tha"? A. S.M. Ikram B. I.H. Kureshi C. Professor Khalilullah D. Syed Hasan Riaz 88. Global Islamic Finance Awards (GIFA) 2013 was awarded to? A. Raja Nazrin Shah B. Abdullah Badawi C. Shaukat Aziz D. Ishaq Dar 89. Who is the governor of The State Bank of Pakistan? A. Ashraf Mahmood Wathra B. Salim Raza C. Ishrat Husain D. Shahid Hafeez Kardar 90. Who is the President of The National Bank of Pakistan? A. Yaseen Anwar B. Iqbal Ashraf C. Ziaullah Khan D. Shahid Hafeez Kardar ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS Quizzes (81 - 90) 81. 82. 83. 84. 85. 86. 87. 88. 89. 90.
C B D C C B D C A B > Pakistan Affairs Quizzes(91-100)
6. Pakistan Affairs MCQs Page-10.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 91. Who is the Pakistani Ambassador to the United States? A. Riaz Mohammad Khan B. Jalil Abbas Jilani
Sherry Rehman Salman Bashir
92. Who is the Federal Minister for Religious Affairs? A. Pir Muhammad Amin B. Sikandar Ismail C. Sardar Muhammad Yousaf D. Muhammad Farooq 93. India has constructed Baglihar Dam on the __________ river. A. Chenab B. Indus C. Sutlej D. Jhelum 94. The altitude of K2, the second highest mountain on the Earth is __________ feet . A. 28251 B. 28451 C. 28651 D. 28851 95. The Nehru Report was published in __________ . A. April 1927 B. August 1927 C. April 1928 D. August 1928 96. Rowlatt Act came into operation in __________ . A. 1917 B. 1918 C. 1919 D. 1920 97. "All India Khilafat Committee" was formed on __________ . A. 05 July 1919 B. 05 August 1919 C. 05 September 1919 D. 05 October 1919 98. The Khilafat in Turkey was abolished on __________ . A. 03 March 1922 B. 03 March 1923 C. 03 March 1924 D. 03 March 1925 99. The Indian Councils Act (Minto-Morley Reforms) was enacted into law in __________ . A. 1909 B. 1910 C. 1911 D. 1912 100. In March 1920, an Indian Khilafat Deputation visited England. The Deputation was headed by? A. Sir Aga Khan B. Mohsin-ul-Mulk C. Maulana M.A. Johar D. Sir M. Shafi ANSWERS: CURRENT AFFAIRS (PAKISTAN) MCQS (91 - 100)
91. 92. 93. 94. 95. 96. 97. 98. 99. 100.
B C A A D C A C A C Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
7. Pakistan Affairs MCQs Page-11.
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 101. The current speaker of KPK Assembly is A. Asad Qaiser B. Ayaz Sadiq C. Wazir Baig D. Siraj Durani 102. The total area of Sindh province is A. 120,914 Sq.km B. 140,914 Sq.km C. 130,914 Sq.km D. 150,914 Sq.km 103. The Pakistan National Anthem's lyrics were written by A. Allama Iqbal B. Ahmed G Chagla C. Hafeez Jhalandri D. None of these 104. A Lahore based lawyer Salman Aslam Butt was appointed as the attorney general of Pakistan making him to the_______attorney general to have been appointes since March 2008. A. fifth B. third C. fourth D. sixth 105. The KPK government bifurcated Kohistan district into upper and lower Kohistan raising the number of districts in the province to A. 35 B. 36 C. 25 D. 26 106. Northern areas districts are A. 3 B. 4 C. 5 D. 7
107. In Pakistan by religion A. 99% Muslims, 1% others B. 95% Muslims, 5% others C. 98% Muslims, 2% others D. 97% Muslims, 3% others 108. In pakistan literacy rate is A. 33% B. 43% C. 63% D. 53% 109. On Jan 20, 2014 Ameer Bakhsh Bhutto resigned from his post was a adviser of A. President B. Prime Minister C. Speaker of Assembly D. None of these 110. Federal cabinet allowed import of electricity despite internal opposition from A. China B. Bangladesh C. India D. None of these ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 101. A 102. B 103. C 104. A 105. D 106. C 107. B 108. D 109. B 110. C > Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
8. Pakistan Affairs MCQs Page-12.
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 111. FATA consists of Areas/Agencies A. 15 B. 11 C. 17 D. 13 112. Pakistan's Official Map was drawn by A. Sir James Doglas B. Ch. Rehmat Ali C. Mian Mahmood Alam Suhrawardy D. Quaid-e-Azam
113. On Jan 21, 2014 Saeed Ahmed assumed the charge of the office of Deputy Governor (DG), State Bank of Pakistan for A. 3 years B. 2 years C. 5 years D. 1 year 114. The total area of Pakistan is A. 796,558 Sq.km B. 796,095 Sq.km C. 796,065 Sq.km D. 896,065 Sq.km 115. Who is the current president of Pakistan A. Dr. Nazir Saeed B. Mamnoon Hussain C. Asif Ali Zardari D. Muhammad Nawaz Sharif 116. The National Tree of Pakistan is A. Magnolia B. Oak C. Pine D. Deodar 117. Pakistan ana Saudi Arabia signed Hajj agreement 2014 at Hajj Ministry on A. Jan 22 B. Feb 22 C. March 22 D. April 22 118. The Tochi Pass is in A. NWFP B. Kashmir C. FATA D. Punjab 119. The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) opened a Fullbright Centre at the A. Government College Lahore B. Forman Christian College C. Punjab University D. None of these 120. The total area of Punjab province is A. 205,344 Sq.km B. 305,344 Sq.km C. 244,544 Sq.km D. 285,347 Sq.km ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 111. D 112. C 113. A 114. B 115. B 116. D 117. A 118. C 119. B
120. A > Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
9. Pakistan Affairs MCQs Page-13.
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 121. Which pass connects Pakistan and Afghanistan A. Khyber Pass B. Khunjerab Pass C. Tochi Pass D. Gomal Pass 122. The length of Jinnah Barrage is A. 1122.68 m B. 1152.45 m C. 1175.95 m D. 1120.67 m 123. Sukkur barrage is located on A. Chenab River B. Indus River C. Ravi River D. Sutlej River 124. The estimated population of Pakistan is A. 169.7 million B. 170 million C. 179.2 million D. 174.5 million 125. The tune of Pakistan's National Anthem is composed by A. Khawaja Khurshid Anwar B. Abdur Rab Nishtar C. Ahmed Ghulam Ali Chagla D. None of these 126. The GDP of Pakistan is A. 6.8% B. 7.8% C. 4.8% D. 5.8% 127. The total area of Balochistan is A. 347,110 Sq.km B. 347,190 Sq.km C. 387,190 Sq.km D. 347,120 Sq.km 128. Who is the current IG of Federal Police A. Sikandar Hayat B. Ahmed Khan C. Zeeshan Siagra D. Faisal Tahir
129. The current IG of Punjab Police is A. Mr. Khan Baig B. Haji Mohammad Habib ur Rehman C. Mr. Tariq Saleem D. Mushtaq Ahmed Sukhara 130. Makran Coastal Highway is _______ km long A. 653 B. 650 C. 509 D. 609 ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 121. A 122. B 123. B 124. C 125. C 126. D 127. B 128. A 129. D 130. A > Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 131. The height of Tarbela Dam is A. 133.75 m B. 143.83 m C. 141.53 m D. 165.14 m 132. The Marala Headworks is located on A. Ravi River B. Indus River C. Jehlum River D. Chenab River 133. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and former President Asif Ali Zardari jointly performed the ground breaking of a coal project in A. Islamkot B. Rahim Yar Khan C. Hyderabad D. Kanpur 134. Which one of these is a River of Sindh Province A. Indus B. Nari C. Hub D. Mula
135. Girls's access to basic education got an empetus with the opening of around ______ schools in six districts of Sindh with a Japanese grant of Rs. 829 million A. 30 B. 20 C. 40 D. 50 136. Who is the current IG of Balochistan Police A. Mr. Tariq Umar Khittab B. Mr. Mushtaq Ahmed Sukhera C. Rao Amin Hashim D. Mr. Hussain Karrar Khawaja 137. Who is the current Chief of Army Staff, Pkistan A. General Raheel Sharif B. General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani C. General Rizwan Shahzad D. General Ahmed Shafiq 138. Karachi Nuclear Plant was built with the help of A. Germany B. France C. China D. Canada 139. When the Indus Water Treaty was signed A. 19th September 1962 B. 19th September 1963 C. 19th September 1960 D. 19th September 1965 140. What is the installed capacity of Chashma Nuclear Plant A. 3.20 MW B. 32.8 MW C. 325 MW D. 3.10 MW ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 131. B 132. D 133. A 134. C 135. A 136. B 137. A 138. D 139. C 140. C > Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 141. Chashma Nuclear Plant is located near Chashma Barrage at
A. B. C. D.
Mithan Kot Dera Ghazi Khan Mianwali Tarbela
142. Which is second Nuclear Plant of Pakistan A. Karachi Nuclear Plant B. Chashma Nuclear Plant C. Islamabad Nuclear Plant D. Kahuta Nuclear Plant 143. On 9 Feb, 2014 the Provincial Government of_______ launched Green Growth Initiative (GGI) to end power outages in the province A. Punjab B. KPK C. Sindh D. Balochistan 144. Who is the current Chief of Naval Staff A. Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandela B. Admiral Muhammad Ahsan Shehzad C. Admiral Muhammad Ali Hameed D. Admiral Muhammad Zeeshan Asghar 145. Who is the current Chief of Air Staff A. Air Chief Marshal Tariq Rafique Butt B. Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rizwan Butt C. Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt D. Air Chief Marshal Tariq Rizwan Butt 146. Who is the current Director General ISPR A. Major General Asif Saeed Bajwa B. Major General Asim Saeed Bajwa C. Major General Asif Saleem Bajwa D. Major General Asim Saleem Bajwa 147. The media watchdog group " Reporters Without Borders" said in a report that "________ remains one of the most dangerous countries in the world" for working journalists A. India B. Iran C. Pakistan D. Afghanistan 148. Animals Husbandary University is working at A. Lahore B. Faisalabad C. Karachi D. Peshawar 149. How much of the total area is cultivated in Pakistan A. 34% B. 25% C. 55% D. 45% 150. Which one is the dominant source of Foreign Exchange Earning A. Manufacturing B. Cement
Textile Agriculture ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs
141. 142. 143. 144. 145. 146. 147. 148. 149. 150.
A B B A C D C A D D
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 151. Which one of the following is the largest sector of Pakistan's economy A. Agriculture B. Manufacturing C. Banking D. Industry 152. Which crops are sown in Rabi season A. Barley and Mustard B. Wheat, grain C. Tobacco, oil seed D. All of them 153. How much of the total area cultivated is under irrigation system A. 75% B. 70% C. 60% D. 65% 154. The period of Rabi season is A. January-May B. October-June C. October-May D. January-June 155. Which is the biggest Thermal Power Station in Pakistan A. Multan Steam B. Faisalabad Gas Turbine C. Jamshoro Steam D. Guddu 156. Who is the current Head of ISI, Pakistan A. Lt. General Zaheer-ul-Islam B. Lt. General Zeeshan-ul-Islam C. Lt. General Zahid-ul-Islam< D. Lt. General Zubair-ul-Islam<
157. Who is the current Director General FIA A. M.Ghalib Ali Bandesha B. M.Ali Ahmed Bandesha C. M.Akram Ali Bandesha D. M.Ashraf Ali Bandesha 158. In Pakistan Glaciers covers the area of A. 17680 sq km B. 13680 sq km C. 12680 sq km D. 14680 sq km 159. What is the total length of Baltoro Glacier A. 56 km B. 56.5 km C. 58 km D. 54 km 160. Siachen glacier is present in the region of A. Skardu B. Shigar C. Chitral D. Baltistan ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 151. A 152. D 153. B 154. C 155. D 156. A 157. A 158. B 159. C 160. D > Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 161. Name the highest glacier of Pakistan A. Siachen B. Hispar C. Butura D. Baltoro 162. What is the total length of Hispar glacier A. 63 m B. 61 m C. 57 m D. 59 m 163. Who is the current Director General Military Intelligence (MI)
A. B. C. D.
Major General Sarfraz Sattar Major General Asjad Shiekh Major General Hameed Sultan Major General Zeeshan Asghar
164. Who is the current IG of Azad Kashmir AJK Police A. Khan Baig B. Zulfiqar Ahmed Cheema C. Malik Khuda Bakhsh Awan D. Nasir Khan Durrani 165. Who is the current IG of Motorway Police A. Mushtaq Sukhera B. Sikandar Hayat C. Malik Khuda Bakhsh Awan D. Zulfiqar Ahmed Cheema 166. Who is the current Chairman of NAB ( National Accountability Bureau) A. Fasih Bokhari B. Qamar Zaman Chaudhry C. Abdul Rauf Ch. D. Khushnood Lashari 167. What is the total length of Siachen Glacier A. 72.5 km B. 71.5 km C. 67 km D. 63 km 168. Which of the following glaciers are present in Karakoram range A. Siachen,Hispar and Biafo B. Batura C. Chogo Lungma and Yengunta D. All of these 169. How much area of Mountain region is covered by glaciers in Pakistan A. 17% B. 21% C. 13% D. 20% 170. Baltoro galcier is situated in the mountain range of A. Hindu Kush B. Karakoram C. Himalayas D. Sulaiman ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 161. A 162. B 163. A 164. C 165. D 166. B 167. A 168. D 169. C 170. B > Student Assistance Center
>> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 171. How much total production of oil is produced by Dhulian and Balkassar oil fields A. 70% B. 90% C. 80% D. 85% 172. Kalabagh is famous for the mineral of A. Iron B. Sulphur C. Salt D. None of these 173. Copper is used in the production of A. Brick kilns B. Children toys C. Kitchen utilities D. Electric wires 174. Who is the current IG of KPK police A. Ihsan Ghani B. Mahmood Ali Khan Chaudhry C. Nasir Khan Durrani D. Ali Ahmed 175. The current Chief Justice of Balochistan High Court is A. Justice Muhammad Noor Meskanzai B. Justice Syeda Tahira Safdar C. Justice Jamal Khan Mandokhail D. Justice Qazi Faez Isa 176. How much of the total Natural Gas is obtained from Sui A. 43% B. 38% C. 40% D. 33% 177. The first gas field discovered in 1952 was at A. Dhulian B. Mial C. Pirkoh D. Sui 178. Which of the following areas are important for mineral wealth in Pakistan A. Areas of Wazirastan B. Chitral C. Northern Eastern Balochistan D. All of these 179. Which area has the biggest deposits of iron ore
A. B. C. D.
Koh-i-Sultan Chitral Koh-i-Sulaiman Kalabagh
180. The current Honourable Wafaqi Mohtasib (Ombudsman) of Pakistan is A. Qazi Faez Isa B. Tassaduq Hussain Jillani C. Salman Farooqui D. Justice Muhammad Anwar Khan Kasi ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 171. B 172. A 173. D 174. C 175. D 176. A 177. D 178. D 179. D 180. C > Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 181. The Mineral Development Corporation was established in A. 1979 B. 1981 C. 1974 D. 1978 182. Sulphur is found in A. Koh-i-Sultan B. Hyderabad C. Chitral D. All of these 183. How many oil refineries are working in Pakistan A. 4 B. 2 C. 8 D. 6 184. Chromite is found in Pakistan in the area of A. Kalat B. Chitral C. Kalabagh D. Muslim bagh 185. The current Chief Justice of Lahore High Court is A. Justice Nasir Saeed Sheikh B. Justice Umar Ata Bandial
Justice Sheikh Najam ul Hasan Justice Khawaja Imtiaz Ahmed
186. Who is the Federal Minister of Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistics and Privatization A. Senator Muhammad Ishaq Dar B. Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan C. Mr. Pervaiz Rashid D. Mr. Ahsan Iqbal 187. Who is the Federal Minister of National Food Security and Research A. Shahid Khaqan Abbasi B. Sikandar Hayat Khan Bosan C. Sardar Muhammad Yusaf D. Sadaruddin Shah Rashidi 188. Who is the Federal Minister of Interior and Narcotics control A. Khawaja Muhammad Asif B. Rehman Malik C. Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan D. Rana Tanveer Hussain 189. The deposits of copper, gold and silver have been discovered at A. Aghari B. Dadhak C. Dakhni D. Saindak 190. When the production of iron ore started in Pakistan A. 1949 B. 1957 C. 1951 D. 1958 ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 181. C 182. D 183. A 184. D 185. B 186. A 187. B 188. C 189. D 190. B > Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 191. Who is the Federal Minister of Information Broadcasting and National Heritage A. Mr. Pervaiz Rashid B. Sardar Muhammad Yousaf C. Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan D. Mr. Zahid Hamid
192. Who is the Federal Minister of Industries and Production A. Muhammad Ishaq Dar B. Mr. Ghulam Murtaza Khan Jatoi C. Mr. Pervaiz Rashid D. Sikandar Hayat Khan Bosan 193. Who is the Federal Minister of Railways A. Khawaja Muhammad Asif B. Mr. Pervaiz Rashid C. Mr. Ahsan Iqbal D. Khawaja Saad Rafique 194. Name the biggest Hockey Stadium of Pakistan A. Hockey Stadium Faisalabad B. Hockey Stadium Islamabad C. National Hockey Stadium Lahore D. National Stadium Karachi 195. Name the biggest Commercial Bank of Pakistan A. Muslim Commercial Bank B. United Bank Ltd C. Al-Falah Bank D. Habib Bank Ltd 196. Which is the biggest Desert found in Pakistan A. Thar B. Cholistan C. Rohi D. None of these 197. Name the biggest Park (area wise) in Pakistan A. Bagh-e-Jinah Lahore B. Ayub National Park C. Changa Manga D. None of these 198. Minister of Zakat and Usher, Excise and Taxation, Industries and Minerals in Gilgit-Baltistan A. Mr. Deedar Ali B. Mr. Muhammad Naseer Khan C. Eng. Muhammad Ismail D. Mr. Muhammad Jaffar 199. Minister of Health and Population Welfare of Gilgit-Baltistan A. Mr. Muhammad Naseer Khan B. Mr. Deedar Ali C. Haji Gulbar Khan D. Raja Azam Khan 200. Ministers of Works in Gilgit-Baltistan A. Haji Gulbar Khan B. Mr. Aftab Haider C. Dr. Ali Madad Sher D. Mr. Bashir Ahmed ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 191. A 192. B 193. D
194. 195. 196. 197. 198. 199. 200.
C D A B B C D
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Page-21. The following MCQs are from current issues and latest development in Pakistan. View answers to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 201. Chief Minister of Gilgit-Baltistan is A. Mr. Muhammad Jaffar B. Syed Mehdi Shah C. Mr. Deedar Ali D. Mr. Muhammad Ali Akhtar 202. Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Livestock in Gilgit-Baltistan is A. Shiekh Nisar Hussain Serbaz B. Mr. Bashir Ahmed C. Mr. Aftab Haider D. Dr. Ali Madad Sher 203. Minister of water and power in Gilgit-Baltistan A. Mr. Muhammad Jaffar B. Mr. Deedar Ali C. Mr. Muhammad Ali Akhtar D. Syed Mehdi Shah 204. Governor of Gilgit-Baltistan is A. Syed Mehdi Shah B. Mr. Muhammad Jaffar C. Syed Pir Karam Ali Shah D. Mr. Aftab Haider 205. Which is the biggest mosque in Pakistan A. Jamia Mosque Karachi B. Shahi Mosque Lahore C. Chandni Mosque Peshawar D. Faisal Mosque Islamabad 206. Which one of the following is the biggest man made lake found in Pakistan
A. B. C. D.
Hub lake Manchar lake Halegi lake Keenjhar lake
207. Which one of the following is the biggest natural lake found in Pakistan A. Lalusar B. Saif-ul-Muluk C. Manchar D. Sat Para 208. The biggest airline of Pakistan is A. PIA B. Blue Airways C. Ithiad Airline D. None of these 209. Which is the biggest cricket stadium in Pakistan A. Iqbal Stadium Faisalabad B. Qaddafi Stadium Lahore C. National Stadium Karachi D. None of these 210. Where is the biggest hydro-electric power station found in Pakistan A. Tarbela dam B. Khanpur dam C. Mangla dam D. Warsak dam ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 201. 202. 203. 204. 205. 206. 207. 208. 209. 210.
B A B C D D C A C A
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Page-22. The following MCQs are from current issues and latest development in Pakistan. View answers to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30
211. The biggest market of Pakistan exports is A. USA B. China C. Saudi Arabia D. U.K 212. Who was the first Chief Minister of Sindh A. Muhammad Sharif B. Ayub Khoro C. Zafarullah Khan D. Ali Saeed 213. Who was the first Commander-in-Chief of Army A. G.M. Ayub Khan B. Gen. George Murphy C. Gen. Sadique Chaudhry D. Gen. Frank Meservy 214. Who was the first Chief Minister of Punjab A. Sardar Abdur Rab Nishtar B. Ayub Khoro C. Iftikhar Hussain Memdoot D. Muhammad Sharif 215. Which one of these is first Cruise Missile of Pakistan A. Ra'ad B. AGM-65 Maverick C. Hatf VII (Babur) D. None of these 216. Who was the first Commander-in-Chief of Air Force A. Air Marshal Frank Murphy B. Air Marshal Asghar Khan C. Air Vice Marshal Zafar Khan D. Air Vice Marshal Allan Perry Keene 217. Who was the first Governor of KPK A. Sir George Cunningham B. Muhammad Sadiq Chaudhry C. Muhammad Sharif D. Frank Meservy 218. Who was the first President of Pakistan A. Malik Ghulam Muhammad B. Iskander Mirza C. Muhammad Ali Jinnah D. Sir Khawaja Nazimuddin 219. Who was the first Governor of Balochistan A. Lt Gen Riaz Hussain B. Sahibzada Muhammad Khurshid C. Ayub Khan
Muhammad Sadique Chaudhry
220. When was the first Pakistani Postal Stamp issued A. August 1948 B. December 1947 C. February 1948 D. July 1948 ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 211. 212. 213. 214. 215. 216. 217. 218. 219. 220.
A B D C C D A B B D
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Page-23. The following MCQs are from current issues and latest development in Pakistan. View answers to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 221. The Kabul river merges into A. Indus river B. Jhelum river C. Kuram river D. Kaghan river 222. Baran river is flowing in the province of A. KPK B. Sindh C. Balochistan D. Punjab 223. Ras Koh range is situated in A. Indus plain B. Karakoram C. Balochistan D. Kirthar range 224. The Ravi river falls in A. Indus
B. C. D.
Sutlej Jhelum Chenab
225. Indus river originates from A. Kashmir B. Ladakh C. Tibet D. Jammu 226. The number of barrages constructed on river Indus are A. 7 B. 6 C. 4 D. 0 227. The first bio-gas plant was installed in A. 1974 B. 1975 C. 1972 D. 1978 228. The smallest dam in Pakistan is A. Tarbela B. Mangla C. Chashma D. Warsak 229. Largest hospital in Pakistan is A. Nishtar hospital multan B. Service hospital Lahore C. Jinnah hospital Lahore D. Shaukat Hanam Lahore 230. Bolan and Rukshan are the rivers flowing in A. KPK B. Balochistan C. Punjab D. None of these ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 221. 222. 223. 224. 225. 226. 227. 228. 229. 230.
A B C D C B A D A B
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Page-24. The following MCQs are from current issues and latest development in Pakistan. View answers to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 231. The Chaghi hills are located near A. Near Quetta B. Near Sibi C. Pak-Afghan border D. At China border 232. In which of the following provinces Swat, Gomal, Karum and Kabul river flow A. KPK B. Balochistan C. Sindh D. Punjab 233. The length of Ravi river is A. 730 km B. 725 km C. 760 km D. 720 km 234. The number of rivers in Balochistan is A. 10 B. 8 C. 7 D. 9 235. Gomal river starts from A. Iran B. Afghanistan C. KPK D. Balochistan 236. Which of the following is the oldest dam of Pakistan A. Tarbela B. Mangla C. Gomal zam D. Warsak 237. The number of rivers in Sindh is A. 3 B. 4
238. Warsak dam is situated on river A. Indus B. Swat C. Kabul D. Chenab 239. The Indus plain covers an area of about A. 205,000 sq. miles B. 206,000 sq. miles C. 207,000 sq. miles D. 200,000 sq. miles 240. River Ravi originates from A. Himachal Pardesh B. Northern areas of Pakistan C. Tibet D. Jammu and Kashmir ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 231. 232. 233. 234. 235. 236. 237. 238. 239. 240.
A A D C B D B C D A
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Page-25. The following MCQs are from current issues and latest development in Pakistan. View answers to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 241. Wular lake is situated on the river A. Jhelum B. Gomal C. Kabul D. Ravi 242. The lower Chenab canal starts from
A. B. C. D.
Rasul Khanki Trimun None of them
243. Taunsa barrage is situated on A. Ravi B. Jhelum C. Zhob D. Indus 244. Who became second Prime Minister of Pakistan A. Choudhry Mohammad Ali B. Mohammad Ali Bogra C. Khwaja Nazimuddin D. Malik Feroz Khan Noon 245. Which country accepted Pakistan first A. Iran B. Iraq C. Indonesia D. China 246. For how much rupees Ranjit Singh sold the Kashmir A. 80 lacs B. 75 lacs C. 70 lacs D. 65 lacs 247. Which headworks of canals irrigating Pakistani areas were unlawfully given to India A. Madhopur B. Ferozpur C. both of them D. none of them 248. India made a cowardly attack on Lahore which resulted as war between two countries. When this war broke out A. 9th Sep 1965 B. 7th Sep 1965 C. 8th Sep 1965 D. 6th Sep 1965 249. After the war of 1965 which pact was signed between India and Pakistan A. Bilateral Pact B. Tashkant Pact C. Moscow Pact D. Soviet Pact 250. Who represented Pakistan in Tashkant Meeting A. Gen. Ayub Khan B. Gen. Yahya Khan C. Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto D. Gen. Iskander Mirza
ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 241. 242. 243. 244. 245. 246. 247. 248. 249. 250.
A B D C A B C D B A
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Page-26. The following MCQs are from current issues and latest development in Pakistan. View answers to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 251. When PPP was established A. October 1967 B. August 1967 C. November 1967 D. December 1967 252. Which incident took place in 1971 which provided India chance to attack on Pakistan A. Attack on Indian parliament B. Indian drama of hijacking their own plane C. Skirmishes on Border D. All of them 253. What was the name of Indian plane that was hijacked in 1971 A. Ganga B. Jamna C. Bangla D. Lanka 254. When East Pakistan separated from West Pakistan A. 26th December 1971 B. 22nd December 1971 C. 16th December 1971 D. 19th December 1971 255. India recognized the provisional Government of Bangladesh on A. December 6, 1971 B. December 16, 1971 C. January 1, 1972
December 18, 1971
256. Under which Article of Contitution of 1973 is Governor Rule imposed in case of failure of constitutional machinery in the province A. Article 234 B. Article 149 C. Article 189 D. Article 192 257. What was the main difficulty which delayed the constitution making in Pakistan A. Exact nature of the State B. Lack of intererst among members of the Constituent Assembly C. The distribution of powers between Federal and Provincial Governments D. Corrupt administration 258. The largest chunk of Punjab Government's Budget (1999-2000) went to the social sector. Which field got the lion's share A. Industry B. Health C. Education D. Housing and Roads 259. Governor - General Ghulam Muhammad dismissed the Prime Minister Kh. Nazimuddin on April 19, 1953 due to A. Prime Minister Kh. Nazimuddin proved to be incompetent to grapple with the difficulties faced by the country B. Patronage of corruption C. Vote of no - confidence was passed in the Consituent Assembly D. Political tension created by partisan appeal 260. Who had the shortest tenure as Governor - General of Pakistan A. Iskendar Mirza B. Ghulam Muhammad C. Kh. Nazimmuddin D. Muhammad Ali Jinnah ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 251. 252. 253. 254. 255. 256. 257. 258. 259. 260.
D B A C B A C A A D
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Page-27. The following MCQs are from current issues and latest development in Pakistan. View answers to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 261. Which country is situated in the east of Pakistan A. China B. India C. Afghanistan D. Iran 262. The Objective Resolution of March 12, 1949 was passed by the Contituent Assemble with what significance A. It is a Magna Carta of the contitutional history of Pakistan B. It does not provide solution to economic problems of the people C. It mixes religion with politics D. It makes working of the Governmet complicated 263. Abu-al-Fath Daud was the Ismail ruler of A. Lahore B. Depalpur C. Multan D. None of these 264. An agreement for cooperation was sighned during Turkish President Kennan Everno's visit to pakistan in Feb 1980 in the field of A. Defence production B. Tourism C. Research and Development D. Shipping 265. Sindh Muslim League passed on of the following resolutions in 1938 A. Federalism to continue B. Muslims to join other communities for political progress C. Concentration on education D. Resolved to have division of India on the basis of Two Nation Theory 266. How many times did squash player Jansher Khan win World Open A. 6 B. 7 C. 8 D. 9 267. Which Pakistani Prime Minister received Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee when he arrived by bus to Lahore A. Nawaz Sharif B. Benzair Bhutto C. Shujat Hussain D. Shaukat Aziz
268. When did Pakistan become a Republic A. 14/8/1947 B. 23/3/1956 C. 16/12/1971 D. 12/10/1999 269. Which Indian Cardinal was from Karachi A. Ivan Dias B. Simon Pimenta C. Anthony Padiyara D. Valerian Gracias 270. Who succeeded Zia Ul Haque as President of Pakistan A. Rafiq Tarar B. Farooq Ahmed Khan Leghari C. Ghulam Ishaq Khan D. Benzair Bhutto ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 261. 262. 263. 264. 265. 266. 267. 268. 269. 270.
B A C C D C A B D C
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Page-28. The following MCQs are from current issues and latest development in Pakistan. View answers to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 271. Pakistan opened its first embassy in A. China B. Afghanistan C. Iran D. India 272. First head of state to visit Pakistan in 1947 was A. Ameer of Kuwait B. Ameer of Saudi Arabia C. Ameer of Iran D. None of these
273. India stopped the passage of water from the rivers Ravi and Sutluj in A. April 1948 B. February 1948 C. March 1948 D. June 1948 274. Quaid-e-Azam relief fund was set up in A. September 1948 B. September 1947 C. September 1946 D. October 1947 275. India and Pakistan mutually came to an agreement that Pakistan would get_______ Rs. as her share A. 700 crore B. 650 crore C. 600 crore D. 750 crore 276. Pakistan Fund was setup by Quaid in A. Jan 1947 B. Feb 1947 C. June 1947 D. July 1947 277. State Bank of Pakistan was inaugurated by Quaid in A. June 1948 B. July 1948 C. Feb 1948 D. Jan 1948 278. White strip in the flag was added in August 1947. When was moon and star added in the flag A. Jan 1949 B. June 1949 C. July 1949 D. Feb 1949 279. Who was called the iron man of NWFP A. Ayub Khoro B. Khan Qayyum Khan C. Liaqat Ali Khan D. None of these 280. Peer Sahib Manki Shareef founded the following party in September 1949 A. PPP B. PML-N C. MQM D. Awami Muslim League ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 271. C
272. 273. 274. 275. 276. 277. 278. 279. 280.
A A B D C B D B D
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Page-29. The following MCQs are from current issues and latest development in Pakistan. View answers to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 281. First Finance Minister of Pakistan was A. Ghulam Muhammad B. Fazlur Rehman C. Fahmeeda Mirza D. None of these 282. First Interior Minister of Pakistan was A. Fahmeeda Mirza B. Ghulam Muhammad C. Fazlur Rehman D. Benazir Bhutto 283. Youngest Prime Minister of Pakistan was A. Fahmeeda Mirza B. Benazir Bhutto C. Ghulam Muhammad D. None of these 284. First Chairman of the Senate was A. Syeda Abida Hussain B. Shahida Jamil C. Tasleem Aslam D. Habib Ullah Khan 285. First TV station was at A. Karachi B. Lahore C. Multan D. Faisalabad
286. First public airline of Pakistan was A. PIA B. Blue Airways C. Orient Airline D. None of these 287. First private Airline of Pakistan A. PIA B. Blue Airways C. Hajvery Airline D. Orient Airline 288. First female minister of law and human rights was A. Shahida Jamil B. Tasleem Aslam C. Dr. Attiya Inayatullah D. Syeda Abida Hussain 289. First female Minister of Population A. Dr. Attiya Inayatullah B. Tasleem Aslam C. Shahida Jamil D. None of these 290. First female deputy speaker in Pakistan A. Shahida Jamil B. Dr. Attiya Inayatullah C. Begum Shaista Suhrawady Ikramullah D. Begum Jahanara Shahnawaz ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 281. 282. 283. 284. 285. 286. 287. 288. 289. 290.
A C B D B C C A A D
> Student Assistance Center >> Pakistan Affairs >>> Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs MCQs
Pakistan Affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) Page-30. The following MCQs are from current issues and latest development in Pakistan. View answers to the questions at the bottom of the page.
Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 291. First Lady Major General in the Pakistan Army was A. Dr. Shahida Malik B. Shehzadi Gulfam C. Shaista Ikramuliah D. Benazir Bhutto 292. First Vice President of Pakistan was A. Liaquat Ali Khan B. Nur-ul-Amin C. Ayub Khoro D. None of these 293. First Joint chief of Staff Committee was A. Gen. Frank Meservy B. G.M. Ayub Khan C. General Muhammad Shariff D. Lt Gen Riaz Hussain 294. First governor of Gilgit-Baltistan was A. Shehzadi Gulfam B. Shaista Ikramuliah C. Dr. Shahida Malik D. Shamma Khalid 295. First Foreign Minister of Pakistan was A. Sir Zafarullah Khan B. Lt Gen Riaz Hussain C. Liaquat Ali Khan D. None of these 296. First SOS village of Pakistan was A. Karachi B. Sialkot C. Lahore D. Multan 297. First DNA Test laboratory was established at A. Lahore B. Islamabad C. Karachi D. Quetta 298. First female vice chancellor in Pakistan was A. Shaista Ikramuliah B. Begum Ra'na Liaqat AN Khan C. Najma Najam D. None of these 299. First female representative of Pakistan in the UN was A. Shamshad Akhtar
B. C. D.
Benazir Bhutto Najma Najam Shaista Ikramuliah
300. First women pilot in Pakistan was A. Shukriya Khanam B. Shehzadi Gulfam C. Shahida Malik D. None of these ANSWERS: PAKISTAN AFFAIRS MCQs 291. 292. 293. 294. 295. 296. 297. 298. 299. 300.
A B C D A C B C D A
1 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 1.
The Treaty on Accession of the Republic of Crimea to Russia was signed on? A. 18 February 2014 B. 18 March 2014 C. 24 February 2014 D. 24 March 2014
The Secretary of States of United States is ___________ . A. John Kerry B. Joe Biden C. Hillary Clinton D. James F. Dobbins
The Vice President of United States is ___________ . A. John Kerry B. Joe Biden C. Hillary Clinton D. James F. Dobbins
Saudi Arabia began carrying out airstrikes in Yemen against Iran-backed rebels on? A. 19 March 2015 B. 21 March 2015 C. 23 March 2015 D. 25 March 2015
Channel Tunnel is an Under Sea Rail Tunnel that linked ___________ . A. America and Mexico B. England and France C. France and Germany D. England and Germany
MI-5 is the secret agency of __________ . A. United States B. United Kingdom C. Israel D. France
The largest producer of Uranium is __________ . A. Canada B. Russia C. China D. Kazakhstan
The largest emitter of Carbondioxide in the atmosphere is __________ . A. Canada B. Russia C. China D. Kazakhstan
The Book "Long Walk to Freedom" is written by __________ . A. Nelson Mandela B. Henry S. Commager C. Bill Clinton D. Mother Terasa
10. The Book "Higher than Hopes" is a biography of __________ . A. Nelson Mandela B. Henry S. Commager C. Bill Clinton D. Mother Terasa 1. B 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. B 6. B 7. D 8. C 9. A 10. A
1 Current Affairs Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 11. Which from the following countries has no armed forces? A. Niger B. Nigeria C. Iceland D. Latvia 12. Who is Secretary General of NATO? A. Anders Fogh Rasmussen B. Jens Stoltenberg C. Willy Claes D. Hillary Clinton 13. 2016 Olympics will held in ________. A. London B. Rio de Janeiro C. Doha D. Beijing 14. 2022 FIFA world cup will held in _________. A. Qatar B. Russia C. UK D. not decided yet 15. European Union has __________ member states. A. 27 B. 28 C. 39 D. 30 16. The Euro currency is used by __________ countries. A. 17 B. 18 C. 19 D. 20 17. "Kashmir" is a disputed area between __________. A. India and Sri Lanka B. India and Bangladesh C. India and Pakistan D. Bangladesh and Pakistan 18. "Northern Cyprus" is a disputed area between __________. A. Cyprus and Czech Republic B. Cyprus and United Kingdom C. Cyprus and Greece D. Cyprus and Turkey
19. The secretary general of OIC is _________. A. Ahmed Saleem B. Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu C. Prince Salman D. Iyad bin Amin Madani 20. The official languages of NATO are ___________. A. English and French B. English and German C. English and Spanish D. English, French and German 11. C 12. B 13. B 14. A 15. B Croatia has become the 28th member of the EU on 1 July 2013. 16. C Lithuania has become the 19th member of the Eurozone on 1 January 2015. 17. C 18. D 19. D 20. A
2 Current Affairs Quizzes Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 21. The Taj Mahal in India, was built by Mughal emperor __________. A. Aurangzaib B. Shah Jahan C. Akbar D. Humayun 22. The Sino-Indian War between China and India was occurred in __________. A. 1956 B. 1959 C. 1962 D. 1965 23. The 2013 Summer Universiade was held in ________. A. Moscow B. Kazan C. Astana D. Beijing 24. In London Olympics 2012, the most medals were won by _________. A. America B. Russia C. China D. United Kingdom 25. The River Thames is located in __________.
A. B. C. D.
England Scotland Ireland Finland
26. In London Olympics 2012, the gold medal, in Men's Field Hockey was won by __________. A. Germany B. Holland C. Australia D. India 27. The Most populous city in the world is __________. A. Beijing B. Buenos Aires C. Shanghai D. Tokyo 28. US special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan is __________ . A. Seth Jones B. John Kerry C. Richard Holbrooke D. Dan Feldman 29. The capital of Ukraine is __________ . A. Kazan B. Aden C. Crimea D. Kiev 30. The head of state of the United Kingdom is _________ . A. Queen Elizabeth I B. Queen Elizabeth II C. Queen Elizabeth III D. Queen Elizabeth IV 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30.
B C B A A A C D D B
3 World Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 31. US special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan is __________ .
A. B. C. D.
James Dobbins John Kerry Joe Biden John Mccain
32. India has constructed Baglihar Dam on _________ River. A. Sindh B. Ravi C. Chenab D. Sutluj 33. The first Muslim Nobel Laureate was _________ . A. Anwar Sadat B. Dr. Abdul Salam C. Dr. Muhammad Younus D. Yasir Arafat 34. Qantas is an airline of __________ . A. Australia B. Sudan C. Malaysia D. France 35. AFP is a news agency of __________ . A. Switzerland B. France C. Germany D. Sweden 36. The oldest news agency in the world is _________ . A. AFP B. WAFA C. BBC D. CNN 37. The headquarter of Transparency International is located in _________. A. New York B. Washigton C. Paris D. Berlin 38. NATO is a/an __________ alliance. A. military B. economic C. regional D. cultural 39. The Suez Canal is in __________ . A. Nigeria B. Libya C. Egypt D. Palistine
40. The Suez Canal connects the __________ . A. Red Sea and the Arabian Sea B. Red Sea and the North Sea C. Mediterranean Sea and the Arabian Sea D. Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea 31. A 32. C 33. A 34. A 35. B 36. A 37. D 38. A 39. C 40. D
4 World Affairs Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 41. World's oldest operational space launch facility is located in ________. A. America B. Russia C. Kazakhstan D. India 42. The first human who traveled into space was _________ . A. Neil Armstrong B. Yuri Gagarin C. Sergei Korolev D. John Glenn 43. In which country It is mandatory for all male citizens aged 18–27 to serve 1 year in Armed Forces? A. America B. Canada C. Russia D. Israel 44. Which country is the world's top supplier of weapons? A. America B. Russia C. Israel D. Germany 45. Which from the following countries is NOT the member of BRIC? A. America B. Russia C. China D. India
46. The President of India is __________ . A. Sonia Gandhi B. Dr. Abdul Kalam C. Chidambaram D. Pranab Mukherjee 47. The headquarter of Human Rights Watch is located in __________ . A. Washington B. New York C. Berlin D. Brussels 48. North Atlantic Treaty, that formed NATO, was signed in __________ . A. 1949 B. 1955 C. 1961 D. 1967 49. World War II began by German invasion on __________ . A. Russia B. France C. United Kingdom D. Poland 50. __________ has the world's largest natural gas reserves. A. Saudi Arabia B. Iran C. Russia D. Canada 41. C 42. B 43. C 44. B 45. A 46. D 47. B 48. A 49. D 50. C
5 World Affairs Quizzes Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 51. Secretary General UNO Ban-Ki-Mon belongs to __________. A. South Korea. B. North Korea C. Japan D. China 52. Currently, there are __________ member states of the United Nations.
A. B. C. D.
190 193 196 197
A. B. C. D.
2 3 4 5
54. There are __________ members of SAARC. A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 8 55. Secretary General SAARC Arjun Bahadur Thapa belongs to __________. A. Pakistan B. India C. Maldives D. Nepal 56. Which from the following countries does NOT yeild veto-power? A. United States B. United Kingdom C. Canada D. France 57. A. B. C. D.
Angola Chad Lithuania Sweden
58. Al-Jazeera TV Channel belongs to ___________. A. Qatar B. Kuwait C. Egypt D. Bahrain 59. The newest member of the Eurozone is _______. A. Lithuania B. Croatia C. Bulgaria D. Cyprus 60. The Iran–Pakistan gas pipeline is also called __________. A. friendship pipeline B. future pipeline C. peace pipeline D. unity pipeline
51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60.
A B A D D C D A A C
6 MCQs of Current Affairs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 61. On 5 November 2013 __________ launched its first rocket to Mars. A. China B. Israel C. Iran D. India 62. On 1 December 2013 China launched its first __________ rover mission. A. Moon B. Mars C. Jupiter D. Earth 63. On 28 January 2013 __________ sent monkey into space. A. China B. Israel C. Iran D. India 64. Taksim Square is in ___________ . A. Cairo B. Istanbol C. Tripoli D. Damascus 65. Taliban opened their political office in ___________ . A. Riyad B. Dubai C. Doha D. Musqat 66. The Chelyabinsk Meteor hits __________ on 15 February 2013. A. America B. Canada C. Mexico D. Russia
67. ___________ bought Nokia Mobile business. A. Microsoft B. Google C. Yahoo D. AOL 68. ___________ bought Motorola Mobile business. A. Microsoft B. Google C. Yahoo D. AOL 69. Man Booker International Prize 2013 was won by __________ . A. Alice Munro B. Margaret Thatcher C. Lydia Davis D. Malala Yousafzai 70. Due to ammonia leak from a cold storage unit in __________ 15 people were killed. A. Shanghai B. Moscow C. Tokyo D. Toronto 61. D 62. A 63. C 64. B 65. C 66. D 67. A 68. B 69. C 70. A
7 Sports Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 71. The fastest person of the world is __________ . A. Kim Collins B. Usain Bolt C. Dwain Chambers D. Justin Gatlin 72. The oldest tennis tournament in the world is __________ . A. Wimbledon B. French Open C. Australian Open D. US Open 73. The 2013 Wimbledon Championships Singles (Men) title was won by __________ .
A. B. C. D.
Roger Federer Rafael Nadal Novak Djokovic Andy Murray
74. The 2013 Wimbledon Championships Singles (Women) title was won by __________ . A. Serena Williams B. Marion Bartoli C. Maria Sharapova D. Ana Ivanovic 75. The fastest century record in ODI of Shahid Afridi was broken by __________ . A. Sachin Tendulkar B. Chris Gayle C. AB de Villiers D. Corey Anderson 76. The 2010 FIFA World Cup was won by ___________ . A. Brazil B. Germany C. Spain D. Argentina 77. The 2014 FIFA World Cup will be hosted by __________ . A. Brazil B. Russia C. Qatar D. France 78. The 2018 FIFA World Cup will be hosted by __________ . A. Brazil B. Russia C. Qatar D. France 79. The 2022 FIFA World Cup will be hosted by __________ . A. Brazil B. Russia C. Qatar D. France 80. The World Snooker Championship 2013 was won by __________ . A. Steve Davis B. Mark Williams C. Stephen Hendry D. Ronnie O'Sullivan 71. 72. 73. 74. 75.
B A D B D
76. 77. 78. 79. 80.
C A B C D
8 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 81. The lowest temperature ever recorded on the Earth is __________ . A. -83.2 °C B. -86.2 °C C. -89.2 °C D. -92.2 °C 82. The lowest temperature was recorded in __________ . A. Antarctica B. Russia C. Canada D. Germany 83. The highest temperatures ever recorded on the Earth is ________. A. 56.7 °C B. 57.7 °C C. 58.7 °C D. 59.7 °C 84. The highest temperature was recorded in __________ . A. Los Angeles B. California C. Tripoli D. Doha 85. Who is Angela Merkel? A. Prime Minister of Germany B. Chancellor of Germany C. Prime Minister of France D. Chancellor of France 86. Who is François Hollande? A. President of Germany B. Prime Minister of Germany C. President of France D. Prime Minister of France 87. The current director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is __________ . A. James Clapper B. Thomas Donilon C. Denis McDonough D. John Brennan
88. On 27 February 2013 Iraq's state airline, after 20 years, begins flights to __________ . A. America B. Israel C. Iran D. Kuwait 89. The Nobel Prize for Peace 2013 was awarded to ___________ . A. Barak Obama B. Malala Yousafzai C. Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) D. United Nations Security Council 90. The Nobel Prize for Literature 2013 was awarded to ___________ . A. Margaret Thatcher B. Alice Munro C. Sir David Frost D. Peter O'Toole 81. 82. 83. 84. 85. 86. 87. 88. 89. 90.
C A A B B C D D C B
9 MCQs of Current Affairs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 91. The Nobel Prize in Physics 2013 was awarded to ___________ . A. Martin Karplus & Michael Levitt B. Francois Englert & Peter W. Higgs C. Thomas C. Sudhof & James E. Rothman D. Lars Peter Hansen & Robert J. Shiller 92. Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, is the wife of __________ . A. Prince Harry B. Prince Charles C. Prince William D. Prince George 93. The Sinai Peninsula is in __________ . A. Egypt B. Libya C. Jordan D. Syria
94. According to Forbes Magazine the most powerful man on the Earth is ________. A. Barack Obama B. Vladimir Putin C. Xi Jinping D. Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz al Saud 95. Angela Merkel was elected as Chancellor of Germany for the __________ time. A. first B. second C. third D. fourth 96. The Prime Minister of Pakistan is __________ . A. Shahbaz Sharif B. Nawaz Sharif C. Asif Zardari D. Ishaq Dar 97. The President of Iran is __________ . A. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad B. Hassan Rouhani C. Mohammad Javad Zarif D. Ali Khamenei 98. The No.1 Tennis Player is __________ . A. Serena Williams B. Maria Sharapova C. Victoria Azarenka D. Venus Williams 99. The Defence Secretary of United States is __________ . A. John Kerry B. Hillary Clinton C. Chuck Hagel D. John McCain 100. The Currency of Lativa is __________ . A. Dollar B. Euro C. Lev D. Lek 91. 92. 93. 94. 95. 96. 97. 98. 99.
B C A B C B B A C
10 Latest Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 101. Which among the following countries has published the world's first Modern Slavery Bill, recently A. USA B. Britain C. Russia D. Switzerland 102. Recently, "Felipe VI" has been sworn in as the new king of A. France B. England C. Spain D. Germany 103. Who among the following has won the FIDE World Rapid Chess championship title, recently A. Magnus Carlesen B. Vishwanthan Anand C. Teimor Radjabov D. Fabiabi Caruana 104. Who among the following has been chosen as the next United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights by the U.N General Assembly A. Prince Zeid al Hussein B. Samuel Johnson C. San Antonio Spurs D. Martin Kaymer 105. Thomas Mueller, who scored the first hat-trick of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, represents which country A. France B. Italy C. Germany D. England 106. In which among the following countries Asia's first solar-wind power system has been inaugurated recently A. Bhutan B. China C. India D. Nepal 107. King Juan Carlos, who recently decided to abdicate, has been monarch of A. Belgium B. Denmark C. Luxembourg D. Spain
108. Which among the following institutes have gained the top slot in the inaugural "QS University Rankings: BRICS 2014" A. IIT Delhi B. Beijing Institute of Technology C. Moscow State University D. Tsinghua University of China 109. The winner of 20th Senior National Women's Football Championships is A. Mizoram B. Manipur C. Sikkim D. Odisha 110. Recently, India has become the permanent signatory of the Washington Accord. This accord is an international accreditation agreement for which among the following types of educational degrees A. Arts and Humanities B. Medical Science C. Engineering D. Social Sciences 101. B 102. C 103. A 104. A 105. C 106. D 107. D 108. D 109. B 110. C
11 Latest Current Affairs QUIZ Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 111. Who on 20 April 2014 won the Monte Carlo Masters Tennis A. Roger Federer B. Stanislas Wawrinka C. Bob Bryan D. Ivan Dodi 112. Scientist of which University on 17 April 2014 designed the world's first floating nuclear plants A. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) B. Purdue University C. Wisconsin University D. University of Washington 113. Name the new book of Hillary Clinton that was due to released on 10 June 2014 A. Living History B. It Takes a Village C. Hard Choices D. A Terrible Beauty
114. What is the name of new Earth-size planet found in the habitable zone on 17 April 2014 A. KI-238 B. KEPLER-186f C. KOI-238 D. CHANDRA-186f 115. In April 2014, India became a net exporter of steel after how many years A. 5 years B. 3 years C. 7 years D. 6 years 116. Who won the Whangarei Rally of the FIA Asia Pacific Rally Championship held in New Zealand recently A. Jan Kopecky, Czech Republic B. Glenn Macneall, Australia C. Mark Pedder, Australia D. Gaurav Gill, India 117. Who won the OUE Singapore Badminton Open 2014 held in the third week of April 2014 A. Simon Santoso, Indonesia B. Deepika Pallikal, India C. Saina Nehwal, India D. Lee Chong Wei, Malaysia 118. According to the US Department of Homeland Security report released on 16 April 2014, temporary workers of which community accounted for the largest number of non-immigrants residing in the US in 2012 A. Chinese B. Mexican C. African D. Indian 119. Scientists of which University created the first 3D model of the malaria parasite genome in April 2014 A. Harvard University B. Indian Institute of Science C. University of California D. University of Washington 120. What is Bluefin 21 which was deployed on 14 April 2014 to find the remains of the missing Malaysian airplane MH370 in the Indian Ocean A. A submarine B. A robot submarine C. An undersea buoy D. A robot 111. B 112. A 113. C 114. B 115. D 116. D 117. A 118. D 119. C 120. B
12 Latest Current Affairs Quizzes Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 121. Who has been appointed as the new Union Finance Secretary on 15 April 2014 A. Ashok Singhal B. Arvind Mayaram C. R P Watal D. Ravi Mathur 122. Which Indian agency has set up Sports Integrity Unit on 15 April 2014 to investigate cases related to fraud in sports A. Central Vigilance Commission B. Criminal Investigation Department C. Central Bureau of Investigation D. Union Ministry of Sports 123. Piramal Enterprises Ltd decided on 17 April 2014 to acquire 20 percent stake in which Indian company A. Vodafone India B. Shriram Capital C. Sundaram Finance D. Sun Pharma 124. What is the name of a new software app was developed to help the illiterate farmers A. Sandesh Pathak B. Messenger Reader C. Sandesh Vahak D. Padho Kishan 125. The European Parliament on 15 April 2014 approved the Banking Union reforms. In this context consider the following statements. (I). To establish a new oversight system known as the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) under the European Central Bank (ECB).(II). A fund of 55 billion euros (76 billion dollars) will be set up to cover the cost of closures. Which is/are correct A. I only B. II only C. Both I and II D. Neither I nor II 126. The world on 18 April 2014 celebrated the World Heritage Day to celebrate the International Day for Monuments and Sites. What is the theme for the year 2014 A. World Heritage Convention B. World Heritage and Sustainable Development C. Heritage of Commemoration D. None of the above 127. Name the person, who has been appointed as the 22nd Navy Chief of India A. Shekhar Sinha B. Sunil Lamba C. Satish Soni D. Robin K Dhowan
128. Google on 14 April 2014 bought a firm that is a maker of high-altitude solar-powered drones to bring internet access to the remotest parts of the world and also to solve problems related to it. Name the firm acquired by Google A. Solar Drone Company Ascenta B. Titan Aerospace C. DeepMind Technologies D. None of the above 129. Name the author of the book Crusader or Conspirator? Coalgate and other Truths A. PC Parekh B. Sanjaya Baru C. RK Yadav D. Nikhil Chandwani 130. Name the woman who has been recently appointed as the Next Chief Justice of Delhi High Court A. Justice Gita Mittal B. Justice Badar Durrez Ahmed C. Justice Reva Khetrapal D. Justice Gorla Rohini 121. B 122. C 123. B 124. A 125. C 126. C 127. D 128. B 129. A 130. D
13 Latest MCQs of Current Affairs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 131. Supreme Court of India on 17 April 2014 said that the national auditor, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) is empowered to audit the revenues of A. Private Telecom Companies B. Private Electricity Companies C. Private Manufacturing Companies D. All the Private Companies 132. Iran is currently in negotiations with the so called P5+1 group over its nuclear programme. Which among the following country is denoted here as +1 A. UK B. Germany C. China D. Australia 133. Recently, Tennis player Maria Sharapova has claimed her second French Open title in 2014. Maria Sharapova is from
A. B. C. D.
United States Russia France Romania
134. A pacific island country has recently sued nine nuclear weapon states (including India in the International Court of Justice) over failure to disarm. Identify the country from the given options A. The Federated States of Micronesia B. Philippines C. Marshall Islands D. Kiribati 135. World's largest polluter country has recently decided that for the first time it will impose an absolute limit on its carbon emissions. This country is A. England B. India C. Japan D. China 136. Recently, Japanese firm Softbank has unveiled a robot which can read human emotions. The robot has been named as A. Humanoid B. Peeper C. Mindset D. Beetle 137. Recently, United States has unveiled a clean energy policy to cut carbon emission from existing power plants by 30 per cent by the year A. 2030 B. 2020 C. 2040 D. 2050 138. Who among the following has won the Ceat International Cricketer of the year award for 2013-14 A. M S Dhoni B. Shakib Al Hasan C. Virat Kohli D. Glenn Maxwell 139. Irish author Elimear McBride won the 2014 Bailey's women's prize for fiction for her novel A. Americanah B. The Goldfinch C. A Girl is a Half-Formed Thing D. Burial Rites 140. Indian Railways launched a portal on 15 April 2014 with an aim to improve energy efficiency in Indian Railways, which will facilitate railways in saving energy up to 15 percent by the year 2020. Name the portal A. AIMS B. RAILAIMED C. IRCTCSAVER D. RAILSAVER 131. A 132. B
133. 134. 135. 136. 137. 138. 139. 140.
B C D B A C C D
14 Latest World Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 141. Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) on 14 April 2014 released theTrends in world military expenditure, 2013. According to this the world military expenditure in real terms has declined since 2012 by A. 1.9 percent B. 2.9 percent C. 2.5 percent D. 3.0 percent 142. India born poet Vijay Seshadri on 14 April 2014 won the prestigious 2014 Pulitzer Prize in the poetry category for his collection of poems published in 2013. Name the collection of the poems for which he was awarded A. The Goldfinch B. Toms River: A Story of Science and Salvation C. The Internal Enemy: Slavery and War in Virgini D. 3 Sections 143. Supreme Court of India in its landmark judgment of 15 April 2014 recognised transgender as the third category of sex. In its judgement the Apex Court claimed transgenders as socially and economically backward. The decision came while hearing PIL (Public Interest Litigation) in which case A. Shatrughan Chauhan & Anr Vs Union of India & Ors B. National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) Vs Union of India & Ors C. Champakam Dorairajan Vs State of Madras D. S.R. Bommai Vs Union of India 144. Who won the Women's Champion Fiberlass Texas Open squash tournament held at Houston, United States on 14 April 2014 A. Charlotte Fish B. Jan Koukal C. Nour El Sherbini D. Svante Sandell 145. Along which coast of India a 45-day long ban on fishing was imposed from the midnight on 14 April 2014 A. East Coast B. West coast C. Along the coast of A & N Islands D. Both (a) & (b) 146. A state Government has refused to repatriate all the Bru refugees lodged in six Tripura relief camps within three months. Name the state that has refused to repatriate the Bru Refugees within 3 months A. Assam
B. C. D.
Sikkim Manipur Mizoram
147. Name the report released by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) which has highlighted that Arab countries will have to come up with bold economic policy reforms for economic stability and job creation A. Towards New Horizons-Arab Economic Transformation amid Political Transitions B. Arab Economic Transformation amid Political Transitions - the new Horizons C. New Horizons-Arab Economic Transformation amid Political Transitions D. None of the above 148. Who won the Millennium Technology Prize 2014 given in the second week of April 2014 A. Physicist Saul Perlmutter B. Chemist Roger S Goody C. Physicist Stuart Parkin D. None of the above 149. Name the renowned cinematographer and Dada Saheb Phalke awardee, who died on 7 April 2014 at his residence in Shankarapuram A. B. N. Sircar B. V K Murthy C. Pankaj Mullick D. Raichand Boral 150. Which country won the T20 Women Cricket World Cup 2014 A. England B. Australia C. New Zealand D. South Africa 141. A 142. D 143. B 144. C 145. A 146. D 147. A 148. C 149. B 150. B
15 Latest World Affairs Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 151. Recently Iran and Pakistan conducted a Joint Military Exercise to promote the military cooperation between Tehran and Islamabad. Where was the exercise held A. Tehran B. Lahore C. Strait of Hormuz D. Aligoodarz
152. Who won the Singapore Open 2014 of badminton on 13 April 2014 A. Lee Chong Wei, Malaysia B. Saina Nehwal, India C. P V Sidhu, India D. Simon Santoso, Indonesia 153. Which Indian industrialist on 10 April 2014 was appointed as a member of the Board of Boao Forum for Asia (BFA) A. Mukesh Ambani B. N Narayan Murthy C. Ratan Tata D. Gautam Adani 154. Who has been re-elected as the Prime Minister of Hungary on 8 April 2014 for a consecutive second term A. Attila Mesterhazy B. Viktor Orban C. Gordon Bajnai D. Peter Medgyessy 155. Ernesto Gainza on 7 April 2014 set a new Guinness record for skydiving using the world's smallest parachute. He belongs to which country A. UAE B. UK C. USA D. Saudi Arabia 156. What is the name of the battery unveiled by an Israeli startup on 8 April 2014 that charges a smartphone in less than 30 seconds A. MamoDot B. SpeedoDot C. Nanodots D. Bulletdots 157. Name the first Indian cricketer, who has featured on the cover page of the Wisden Cricketers' Almanack published in London A. Sunil Gavaskar B. Kapil Dev C. Virat Kohli D. Sachin Tendulkar 158. World Bank on 9 April 2014 projected that the economic growth rate of India for the fiscal year 2014-2015 will be A. 5.5% B. 5.7% C. 6.1% D. 6.6% 159. The lawmakers of Spain on 8 April 2014 voted to reject the request by the authorities of a region to hold a referendum on independence on 9 November 2014. Name the region whose authorities have sent the referendum proposal A. Cantabria B. La Rioja C. Navarre
160. Name the city which on 7 April 2014 received its first passenger train A. Dispur, the capital of Assam B. Itanagar the capital of Arunachal Pradesh C. Aizawl, the capital of Mizoram D. Agartala, the capital of Tripura 151. C 152. D 153. C 154. B 155. A 156. C 157. D 158. A 159. D 160. B
16 Latest World Affairs Quizzes Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 161. Name the novel of Indian American novelist, Jhumpa Lahiri's that has been shortlisted for the 2014 Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction on 8 April 2014 A. Americanah B. The Undertaking C. Burial Rites D. Lowland 162. Iwao Hakamada, the Japanese boxer was recently awarded with an honorary championship belt by World Boxing Council (WBC). Hakamada was freed from death row on 27 March 2014 after how many years in prison following a murder conviction A. 28 B. 36 C. 48 D. 52 163. Name the team that won the 4th Hockey India Junior Men National Championship 2014 (Division A) by defeating Odisha 6-2 in the finals at Chennai, Tamil Nadu A. Punjab B. Jharkhand C. West Bengal D. Haryana 164. Who was recently crowned as the fbb Femina Miss India 2014 A. Navneer Kaur Dhillion B. Koyal Rana C. Jhataleka Malhotra D. Gail Nicole Da'Silva
165. India was defeated by Sri Lanka in the ICC Twenty World Cup 2014 final match at Shere Bangla stadium of Mirpur, Dhaka. Who captained the Sri Lankan side in the final A. Lasith Malinga B. Mahela Jayawardena C. Kumar Sangakkara D. Lahiru Thirimanne 166. Sri Lanka on 6 April 2014 won the ICC Twenty World Cup 2014 title after defeating India by six wickets in the final match at Shere Bangla stadium of Mirpur, Dhaka. Who was adjudged as the Man of the series of the tournament A. Lasith Malinga B. Virant Kohli C. Kumar Sangakkara D. MS Dhoni 167. Who won the Bahrain Grand Prix on 7 April 2014 A. Nico Rosberg B. Vettel C. Lewis Hamilton D. Nico Hulkenberg 168. Ebola detected recently in Guinea of African Continent is caused by A. Anopheles mosquito B. Fungi C. Bacteria D. Virus 169. Who discovered the non-insulin drug candidate for diabetic patients in the second week of April 2014 A. William Bayliss B. Murray Gell-Mann C. Arnab De D. Paul Dirac 170. Name the footballer who was named as the Professional Footballersâ€™ Association Player of the Year at an award ceremony on 28 April 2014 in London A. Luis Suarez of Liverpool B. Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United C. Eden Hazard of Chelsea D. None of these 161. D 162. C 163. A 164. B 165. A 166. B 167. C 168. D 169. C 170. A
17 Latest MCQs of World Affairs
Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 171. Name the recipient of the 2014 Canada India Foundation Chachalani Global Indian Award A. Deepak B. Ratan Tata C. NR Narayana Murthy D. Sam Pitroda 172. Supreme Court of India on 29 April 2014 rule designated an authority person to record statement of rape victims within 24 hours instead of police officials. Name the authority A. Judicial Magistrate B. Judge of a High Court C. Collector of the District D. None of the above 173. National Basketball Association (NBA) on 1 May 2014 banned Los Angeles Clippers owner for life and fined him 2.5 million dollars over an alleged racist remark on African-American spectators in the stand. Name the owner A. Michael Jordon B. Donald Sterling C. Bruce Levenson D. Michael Gearon 174. Name the Indian-American whose name was confirmed by US Senate as the federal judge in Illinois A. Vijay Gandhi B. Ami Bera C. Vijay K Nambiar D. Manish Shah 175. Name the city that on 1 May 2014 agreed to allow construction of a place of worship in form of a full-fledged Gurudwara in the city A. Johannesburg B. Cape Town C. Accra D. Kisumu 176. Which film got the highest awards in different categories in the IIFA Awards 2014 A. Chennai Express B. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag C. Shaadi ke Sideeffects D. Aashiqui 2 177. The US Green Building Council released the list of LEED outside United States, what is the rank of India A. Rank 1 B. Rank 5 C. Rank 3 D. Rank 7 178. Who is the President and CEO of the Nokia A. Satya Nadella B. Rakesh Agrawal C. S. D. Shibulal D. Rajeev Suri
179. Who won the Asian Continental Chess Championship 2014 A. Rustam Kasimdzhanov of Uzbekistan B. Adhiban of India C. Yu Yangyi of China D. Abhijeet Gupta of India 180. Sania and Cara Black of Zimbabwe together how many titles they won along with WTA Portugal Open 2014 A. 3 titles B. 5 titles C. 1 title D. 4 titles 171. C 172. A 173. B 174. D 175. A 176. B 177. C 178. D 179. B 180. A
18 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 181. Who won the women's doubles title at the WTA Portugal Open 2014 held in Portugal on 3 May 2014 A. Eva Hrdinova of Cezech and Valeria Solovyeva of Russia B. Sania Mirza of India and Cara Black of Zimbabwe C. Vera Dushevina of Russia and Arantxa Parra Santonja of Spain D. Hao-Ching Chan of Chinese Taipei and Liezel Huber of US 182. Name the Indian veteran trap shooter who on 2 May 2014 jumped to the third spot in the world rankings. He achieved the rank after winning gold at the ISSF World Cup in Tucson, USA, in March 2014 A. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore B. Abhinav Bindra C. Heena Sindhu D. Manavjit Singh Sandhu 183. President of India on 2 May 2014 conferred Gallantry Awards on 55 personnel for their distinguished service and bravery at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. Who of the following is not the recipient of Kriti Chakras A. Balwinder Singh B. Bhrigu Nandan Choudhary C. Lohit Sonowal D. Bhupal Singh Chhantel Magar 184. Archaeologists have discovered a granary with walls of mud-bricks during just-concluded excavation at a Harappan civilisation site. The excavation work was done from January to April 2014. Name the place where the granary was discovered A. Dholavira
B. C. D.
Lothal Rakhigarhi Ganweriwala
185. Name the African country that will use India-made Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) in the countries Presidential Election, scheduled in November 2014 A. Namibia B. Mauritius C. Burundi D. Nigeria 186. Name the person who stepped down from his role as UN's Messenger of Peace amid the reports of his engagement with a human Rights lawyer A. Tom Hanks B. George Clooney C. Will Smith D. Bradley Cooper 187. Name the sports authority that on 29 April 2014 announced an increase of 10.8 percent in the total prize amount for the year A. International Cricket Association B. World Archery Federation C. Wimbledon D. Federation International de Football Association 188. Name the Indian who on 28 April 2014 won the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize for the year 2014 that is commonly called as the Green Nobel A. Helen Holden B. Ramesh Agrawal C. Rudi Putra D. Suren Gazaryan 189. Name the company that on 26 April 2014 completed the acquisition of Nokia's mobile handset business A. SAP based in Germany B. Adobe Systems based in the US C. Oracle based in the US D. Microsoft based in the US 190. Name the former American middleweight boxer, who died on 20 April 2014 following a battle with prostate cancer A. Tommy Morrison B. Rubin Hurricane Carter C. Ultimate Warrior D. Earl Weaver 181. B 182. D 183. A 184. C 185. A 186. B 187. C 188. B 189. D 190. B
19 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 191. Name the publisher that will publish a book Hard Choices of Hillary Rodham Clinton A. Bloomsbury Publishing B. Simon & Shuster C. Harper Collins P D. Penguin Random House 192. The Supreme Court of India has directed that woman employee of the central government can get an uninterrupted leave for ________ years for childcare and it includes needs like examination and sickness A. One B. Two C. Three D. Four 193. Hero MotoCorp on 21 April 2014 announced that it has entered Bangladesh in two wheeler segment through a joint venture of 55:45 with a Bangladesh firm. Name it A. Tagaz B. Aftab Automobiles C. Nitol Niloy D. Walton Hi-Tech Industries 194. The Chariman of Rajya Sabha, Hamid Ansari in April 2014 administered oath to four members as Rajya Sabha member on four vacant seats of Odisha in his Chamber in Parliament House. One of the four members who took the oath of the Upper House of the Parliament is also a Chairman of IPL, name him A. AU Singh Deo B. Kalpataru Das C. Sarojini Hembram D. Ranjib Biswal 195. Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) on 23 April 2014 asked private telecom company to immediately withdraw its controversial advertisement on Pashmina Shawls. Name the company who has been asked A. Idea Cellular B. Vodafone C. Reliance D. Airtel 196. The All India Football Federation (AIFF) on 22 April 2014 launched the AIFF Academy Certification to set a standard of youth development in the country, through certification model. Which of the following is not a part of the Criteria of certification under which the academies will be assessed and certified A. Coaching staff and qualifications B. Facilities C. Training schedule, training sessions D. None of the above 197. What is the theme of the 2014 International Mother Earth Day A. Green Cities
B. C. D.
Stand-Up For Mother Earth Interactive Dialogue on Harmony with Nature None of the above
198. Gabriel Garcia Marquez died on 17 April 2014 in Mexico. In which field he received nobel price in 1982 A. Economy B. Chemistry C. Literature D. Physics 199. Who won inaugural Richmond Open 2014 of Squash A. Rachael Grinham B. Susan Devoy C. Tania Bailey D. Joshna Chinappa 200. Recently, European Parliament on 15 April 2014 approved the Banking Union reforms. The banking reforms will provide a set of rules to supervise the eurozone banks and deal with any future failures. What was the name given to the set of the rules A. Single Resolution Mechanism (SRM) B. Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) C. Mechanism for the banking norms D. European banking standards 191. B 192. B 193. C 194. D 195. A 196. D 197. A 198. C 199. D 200. A
20 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 201. Asian Bowling Federation 2014 was held on 19 April 2014. Who won the women's title A. Kritsanakorn Sangaroon B. Benchawan C. Tanaprang Sathean D. Angkana Netrviseth 202. BMW Malaysian Open 2014 held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 20 April 2014. Who won the tittle A. Magda Linette of Poland B. Zhang Shuai of China C. Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia D. Donna Vekic of Croatia 203. World Malaria Day 2014 was celebrated on which day
A. B. C. D.
25 March 2014 25 April 2014 20 April 2014 20 March 2014
204. Who was appointed as India's first Ambassador to the separate Indian Mission to Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) & East Asia Summit A. Angkana Netrviseth B. Navneeth kumar C. Suresh Kumar Reddy D. Susan Devoy 205. Who won the Asian Continental Chess Championship 2014 A. Rustam Kasimdzhanov of Uzbekistan B. Adhiban of India C. Yu Yangyi of China D. Abhijeet Gupta of India 206. A professor of Indian origin was named as one of the ten Solar Champions of Change on 19 April 2014 for solar deployment across America by the White House. What is the name of the professor A. Navneeth kumar B. Sathya Nadella C. Rajendra Singh D. None of the Above 207. A company of US has developed a life-sized Atlas Anthropomorphic robot called Atlas as a part of a challenge to create a robot that could go at the places, which are dangerous to humans. Name the company that has developed the robot A. Boston Dynamics B. iRobot designs C. Robot Operating System D. Adept MobileRobots 208. The biennial conference of the 21-member Western Pacific Naval Symposium from 21 April to 25 April was held in which country A. Vietnam B. Singapore C. Papua New Guinea D. China 209. Name the first US male athlete to win the Boston Marathon in three decades (since 1983) A. Wilson Chebet B. Frankline Chepkwony C. Rita Jeptoo D. Meb Keflezighi 210. Name the team that replaced India from the top position in the rankings of ICC Twenty20 rankings released on 8 April 2014 A. England B. South Africa C. Sri Lanka D. Australia 201. A
202. 203. 204. 205. 206. 207. 208. 209. 210.
D B C B C A D D C
21 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 211. According to the latest available data as of June 2014, what was India's economic growth in 2013-14 A. 4% B. 4.7% C. 5.3% D. 5.7% 212. Who among the following is the current (June 2014) Prime Minister of Bhutan A. Jigme Thinley B. Kinzang Dorji C. Yeshey Zimba D. Tshering Tobgay 213. Recently, which country has announced it would start an anti-terrorism partnership fund, which will be used to help train other countries to take on rising extremism A. USA B. Russia C. France D. Canada 214. What is the name of NASA's Spectrograph launched recently to study birthplace of stars A. IUE B. CHESS C. WiSE D. NuSTAR 215. The 23rd World Economic Forum on East Asia was recently concluded in A. Thailand B. Philippines C. Vietnam D. Indonesia 216. Recently, which two countries have settled a maritime border dispute after 20 years of negotiations A. China and Japan B. China and Vietnam C. Philippines and Indonesia D. Vietnam and Indonesia
217. Which among the following project has been awarded the 2014 United Nations Public Service award, recently A. Mobile Seva project B. Kisan Card scheme C. PDS scheme D. C-DAC 218. Which among the following countries has won the AFC Women's Asian Football Cup 2014 A. Vietnam B. India C. Australia D. Japan 219. As per the latest data which country has replaced Mauritius as the top source of foreign direct investment into India A. Japan B. Saudi Arabia C. Singapore D. China 220. Which among the following countries has won the 2014-Uber Cup tournament A. China B. Pakistan C. Japan D. India 211. B 212. D 213. A 214. B 215. B 216. C 217. A 218. D 219. C 220. A
22 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 221. Madhav Mantri, who passed away recently, was India's oldest A. Hockey Player B. Football Player C. Cricketer D. Tennis Player 222. Which among the following countries is hosting the 2014 Men's Hockey World Cup tournament A. Pakistan B. Netherland C. Germany D. Australia
223. Which among the following countries has won the South Asian Basketball Association Championship-2014 A. Bangladesh B. Maldives C. Sri Lanka D. India 224. Recently, which among the following countries has released postage stamps to commemorate the 100 years of India Cinema A. Brazil B. South Africa C. England D. France 225. Recently, the World-Anti Doping Agency (WADA) has banned inhalation of which gases after deciding it could be used to enhance athletics performance A. Xenon B. Neon C. Krypton D. Helium 226. Which city will host the 2015 European Games the inaugural edition of the European Games A. Paris B. Zurich C. Danube D. Baku 227. Recently, the first multilateral talk on Lethal Autonomous Weapons (LARs) or Killer robots was held at A. Zurich B. Geneva C. Moscow D. New York 228. What is the name of world's first electric aircraft which has successfully completed its maiden voyage, recently A. Flying Fan B. E-Fan C. Spark D. E-Ray 229. Which among the following countries has topped the list of World Mothers Index-2014 A. Australia B. Sweden C. Finland D. Britain 230. Who among the following has been named World Snooker Player of the Year A. Ronnie O'Sullivan B. James Wattana C. Steve Davis D. Mark Selby 221. C 222. B 223. D 224. A
225. 226. 227. 228. 229. 230.
A D B B C A
23 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 231. Who among the following has won the Spanish Grand Prix-2014 A. Romain Grosjean B. Nico Roseberg C. Lewis Hamilton D. Ssebastian Vettel 232. Recently, World Health Organisation has declared which disease as a public health emergency of international concern A. Tuberculosis B. Polio C. Malaria D. Encephalitis 233. Which among the following parties has won the national election of South Africa held recently A. African National Congress B. Democratic Alliance C. The Economic Freedom Fighter D. Democratic Social Party 234. Recently, United Nations has voted to establish a Medal for exceptional courage in the name of an unarmed UN peacemaker from Senegal A. Eugene-Richard Gasana B. Prince Zeid al Hussein C. Henry Dussent D. Mbaye Diagne 235. Recently, which among the following countries has imposed ban on import of chilli pepper from India A. Saudi Arabia B. Iran C. South Africa D. Chile 236. Who among the following has won men's single Mandrid Master title-2014 A. Kei Nishikori B. Roger Federer C. Rafael Nadal D. Andrew Murray 237. Recently, Tata Trust and which of the following banks signed a pact to work together for poverty alleviation and rural development
A. B. C. D.
State Bank of India Canara Bank HDFC Bank
238. The new protocol "Declaration on Automatic Exchange of Information in Tax Matters" on tax data exchanges has been signed recently in A. Geneva B. Paris C. Zurich D. Moscow 239. Which among the following countries will chair ASEAN for 2014 for the first time A. Myanmar B. Philippines C. Brunei D. Cambodia 240. Among the European Union Countries, the largest investment currently comes to India from A. France B. Germany C. Italy D. UK 231. C 232. B 233. A 234. D 235. A 236. C 237. A 238. B 239. A 240. D
24 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 241. What is the name of India's own card payment network that has been dedicated to the nation, recently A. MoneyCard B. RuPay C. IndPay D. RupeeCard 242. As per the new study conducted by the World Health Organisation (WHO), which Indian city is considered to be most polluted in the world A. Raipur B. Bhopal C. Delhi D. Gwalior
243. In which of the following countries world's highest tunnel for high-speed train has been opened recently A. China B. Russia C. Japan D. Singapore 244. As per the latest study, which Jupiter's moon is believed to have club sandwich ocean capable of supporting life A. Europa B. Ganymede C. Callisto D. Adrastea 245. The Government of India is presently negotiating a bilateral Board Based Trade and Investment Agreement (BTIA) with A. MERCOSUR B. ASEAN C. SAARC D. European Union 246. Recently, World Health Organisation (WHO) has imposed international travel restriction on which of the following countries over polio fear A. Pakistan, Syria and Afghanistan B. Pakistan, Syria and Cameroon C. Pakistan, Syria and Nigeria D. None of these 247. According to latest World Bank report which of the following are the world's most expensive economies A. Switzerland and Norway B. Sweden and Norway C. Denmark and Norway D. Switzerland and Netherland 248. Recently, which among the following has become the world's first Island to secure a constant supply of electricity by combining wind and water power A. Victoria Island B. Honshu C. Sumatra D. El Hierro 249. Recently, scientists have created a world's first "solar" jet fuel under the project named "Solar-Jet" fuel by using A. Water and Hydrogen B. Water and Oxygen C. Water and Carbon dioxide D. Water and Nitrogen 250. What is the India's ranking in the latest Freedom of the Press Index - 2014 A. 56 B. 63 C. 89 D. 78 241. B
242. 243. 244. 245. 246. 247. 248. 249. 250.
C A B D B A D C D
25 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 251. Former Indian Air Force Chief N K Browne has been appointed as India's next ambassador to A. Pakistan B. Netherland C. Australia D. Norway 252. According to World Bank report, India has replaced which among the following countries to become third largest economy based on purchasing power parity (PPP) A. Japan B. China C. Russia D. Singapore 253. The 2014 winner of prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize is A. Ramesh Agarwal B. Srinivas Acharya C. Raman Choudhary D. Sunil Nayak 254. The "Operation Clandestine Fox" which is in news recently, is a code name refers to A. Searching of missing Malaysian Flight in Indian Ocean B. Russian military exercise along Ukraine border C. A campaign to hack the Microsoft's internet explorer D. An operation by Indian force to check Bangladeshi migrants 255. Recently, which one of the following international groupings has temporarily banned the import of Alphonso Mango and four vegetables from India on poor quality issue A. SACU B. European Union C. MERCOSUR D. OPEC 256. Who among the following has been named as professional Footballers Association player of the year 2013 A. Eden Hazard B. Luis Suarez C. Steven Gerrand D. Daniel Sturridge
257. Recently, which of the following firm has acquired Nokia handset business in India A. Google B. Facebook C. Microsoft D. Motorola 258. Recently, NTT Docomo has announced its decision to exit its mobile phone joint venture with the Tata Group by selling its entire stake in the country. Docomo is a telecom company from which country A. China B. Singapore C. South Africa D. Japan 259. The world's first museum dedicated to the pro-democracy protests in Beijing Tiananmen Square has opened in A. Shanghai B. Hong Kong C. Bangkok D. New Delhi 260. The theme of "World Malaria Day-2014" is A. Invest in Future. Defeat Malaria B. Create Awareness, Curb Malaria C. No Mosquitoes No Malaria D. Say Good Bye to Malaria 251. D 252. A 253. A 254. C 255. B 256. B 257. C 258. D 259. B 260. A
26 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 261. Recently, which South Asian country as signed a 10 year pact that would allow US military in that nation A. Thailand B. Afghanistan C. Philippines D. Japan 262. Which among the following state has been ranked top in creation of new jobs in the manufacturing sector as per the National Sample Survey latest data A. Gujrat B. West Bengal C. Karnataka
263. Recently, which of the following countries has decided to deploy drones to monitor and stop the poaching of elephants and rhinos in all its national parks and reserves A. Kenya B. South Africa C. Nigeria D. Uganda 264. Who among the following has been adjudged as outstanding "Asian Men's Player of the Year 2013" by Asian Squash Federation A. Ramit Tandon B. Mahesh Mangaonkar C. Harinderpal Sandhu D. Saurav Ghosal 265. A new economic term GIRO is being reporting in newspapers recently, what does GIRO stands for A. Government Internal Resource Order B. Government Internet Related Order C. Government Internal Revenue Order D. Government Internal Record Order 266. Recently, which among the following leading confectionary manufacturer has been renamed as Mondelez India Foods Limited A. Cadbury B. Nestle C. Nilagiris D. Mother Dairy 267. Who among the following has won World Women's Senior Snooker Championship-2014 A. Umadevi Nagaraj B. Chitra Magimairaj C. Shoba Krishnan D. Vidya Pillai 268. According to the Global Information Technology Report 2014, which country was placed first in terms of leveraging information and communication technologies (ICT) A. Finland B. Brazil C. Sweden D. Singapore 269. Recently, Viktor Orban has been re-elected as Prime Minister of which country A. Spain B. Holland C. Philippines D. Hungary 270. Which among the following is the NASA's moon probe, which recently crashed into the lunar surface thus ending its operation A. LCDEE B. LADEE
C. D. 261. C 262. B 263. A 264. D 265. C 266. A 267. B 268. A 269. D 270. B
27 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 271. Recently, which among the following countries has conducted "Maritime Cooperation-2014" multilateral military exercise to celebrate 65th anniversary of its navy A. Russia B. Singapore C. India D. China 272. Recently, a product called "Palcohol" gained widespread attention worldwide. What does Palcohol refers to A. New kind of drug B. Powdered alcohol product C. Food capsules for astronauts D. Genetically modified food products 273. "Peace Angel 2014" is a joint military exercise concluded recently between which two countries A. China and Pakistan B. India and Bangladesh C. China and Bangladesh D. India and Pakistan 274. The "Yonaguni" island which is in news recently, is a inhabited island belongs to which country A. China B. Vietnam C. Japan D. Finland 275. The Pulitzer Prize for Fiction-2014 has been awarded to Donna Tartt, for her novel A. The Son B. The Woman Who Lost Her Soul C. The Goldfinch D. The Secret History 276. Which among the following has been named 2014 world car of the year A. Mazda 3 B. BMW 4
Audi A3 Duster
277. Gabriel Garcia Marquez, who passed away recently, was a famous novelist from A. Sri Lanka B. Colombia C. South Africa D. Singapore 278. Due to lack of funds, which among the following countries has withdrawn as the host of the 2019 Asian Games A. Vietnam B. Sri Lanka C. Cambodia D. Thailand 279. Recently, Justice G Rohini has became the first ever woman Chief Justice of A. Bombay High Court B. Karnataka High Court C. Madras High Court D. Delhi High Court 280. Recently, which of the following member countries of commonwealth organisation announced suspending of funding to the Commonwealth over rotating chair Sri Lanka's alleged rights abuses A. Canada B. India C. Singapore D. Pakistan 271. D 272. B 273. A 274. C 275. C 276. C 277. B 278. A 279. D 280. A
28 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 281. Recently, India and which of the following countries have reached an agreement to include a new crossboundary landscape in the Hindu Kush Himalayan Region A. Nepal and China B. Nepal and Bhutan C. Bhutan and Bangladesh D. Bangladesh and Nepal 282. The theme of "World Green Economy Summit-2014" which concluded at Dubai is A. Global Partnership, Sustainable Future
B. C. D.
Partnership for Better Future Global Partnership, Better Future Partnership for Sustainable Development
283. Manuel Valls has been recently appointed as Prime Minister of A. Italy B. Austria C. France D. Belgium 284. Recently, United Kingdom 2014 Asian award for outstanding achievement in sports was won by A. Virat Kohli B. R Ashwin C. Suresh Raina D. M S Dhoni 285. Recently, which of the following countries has overtaken South Africa to become Africa's largest economy A. Nigeria B. Ethiopia C. Kenya D. Egypt 286. Which of the following countries / regions was recently making news for "Sunflower Student Movement" A. Hong Kong B. Taiwan C. Tibet D. Australia 287. "Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca" has recently become the youngest-ever president of A. Namibia B. Maldives C. Malta D. Nigeria 288. Who among the following has become the first Indian piston shooter to be rank no.1 in the world ranking, recently A. Heena Sidhu B. Anjali Bhagwat C. Rani Sarnobat D. Annu Raj Singh 289. "Heartbleed" which is being reporting in newspapers recently, is a A. A new heart related disease B. Software bug C. Chemical weapon D. New variety of cherry 290. Recently, which one of the following countries was ordered to halt its whaling programme by the International Court of Justice A. Japan B. South Korea C. USA
D. 281. B 282. A 283. C 284. D 285. A 286. B 287. C 288. A 289. B 290. A
29 Current Affairs MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 291. In which among the following countries, the Multilateral Humanitarian Assistance / disaster relief (HA/DR) Exercise, KOMODO was conducted recently A. South Korea B. Indonesia C. Brunei D. New Zealand 292. Recently, two large industrial firms viz. Lafarge and Holcim announced plans for a merger. These two firms are specialized in production of A. Building Materials B. Engineering Goods C. Petrochemicals D. Home Appliances 293. Which among the following countries has won the coveted ICC Laureus Spirit of Sports award 2014 A. India B. Pakistan C. Afghanistan D. Australia 294. In context to astronomy, "Charkilo" which is in news recently is A. Meteorite B. Miniature Planet C. Asteroid D. Comet 295. Recently, which bank became the first state-run lender to allow withdrawal of funds to individuals from ATM's without an account in the bank A. United Bank Of India B. State Bank Of India C. Corporation Bank D. Bank Of India 296. Recently, WHO-India has launched IVR 2020 programme to protect and increase the number of A. One-horn Rhinos
B. C. D.
Tigers Indian Bustard Asiatic Lions
297. Recently, it was reported in newspaper that CERT-In has detected a new smartphone virus which can compromise the data stored on the user's phone. The virus is named as A. Killer B. Ebola C. Dendroid D. SmartX 298. Which among the following countries clinched the South Asian Handball Championship 2014 A. Bangladesh B. Afghanistan C. Pakistan D. India 299. The name of world's first gun for woman launched recently is A. Nirbheek B. Shravya C. Jhansi D. Kalpana 300. Which among the following national parks has been nominated to UNESCO's world heritage site status for 2014 A. Great Himalayan National Park B. Jim Corbett National Park C. Anshi National Park D. Bannerughatta National Park 291. B 292. A 293. C 294. B 295. D 296. A 297. C 298. D 299. A 300. A
1 Everyday Science MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 1.
Which is the outermost planet in the solar system? A. Mercury B. Pluto C. Neptune D. Uranus The SI unit of charge is __________.
A. B. C. D.
Ampere Coulomb Ohm Volt
Very High Frequency (VHF) have __________ wavelengths. A. shorter B. shortest C. longer D. longest
Long-sight defect could be corrected by using __________ lens. A. concave B. vonvex C. diverging D. none of these
Deficiency of Vitamin-A results in __________. A. night blindness B. rickets C. scurvy D. hair fall
For a fixed mass of gass at constant temperature, if we decrease volume, the pressure will _________. A. also decrease B. increase C. remains constant D. none of these
The lifespan of Red Blood Cells is __________ days. A. 60 B. 120 C. 180 D. 240
The density of water is __________. A. 1 g/cm3 B. 1.5 g/cm3 C. 2 g/cm3 D. none of these
Radioactivity was discovered by __________. A. Kelvin B. Thomson C. Rutherford D. Bacquerel
10. A device which converts chemical energy into electrical energy is called __________. A. motor B. generator C. moving-coil meter D. battery
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
C B A B A B B A D D
30 Science MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 11. The Sun is a __________. A. Star B. Planet C. Asteroid D. Meteor 12. The average adult has a blood volume of about __________ liters. A. 4 B. 5 C. 6 D. 7 13. The most abundant element in the universe is __________. A. Oxygen B. Hydrogen C. Carbon Dioxide D. Silicon 14. The most abundant element in the Earth's crust is __________. A. Oxygen B. Hydrogen C. Carbon Dioxide D. Silicon 15. Each day human body breathe in __________ liters of air. A. 5,000 to 10,000 B. 10,000 to 15,000 C. 15,000 to 20,000 D. 20,000 to 25,000 16. Deficiency of Vitamin-D results in __________. A. night blindness B. rickets C. scurvy D. hair fall
17. The SI unit of "pressure" is _________. A. pascal B. joule C. tesla D. henry 18. The most densest substance on the Earth is __________. A. Platinum B. Copper C. Steel D. Osmium 19. A camera uses a __________ to form an image. A. convex lens B. concave lens C. condenser lens D. none of these 20. Which from the following is NOT a conductor? A. Aluminium B. Silicon C. Graphite D. All are conductors 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20.
A B B A C B A D A D
31 Everyday Science Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 21. CNG stands for? A. Converted Natural Gas B. Conduced Natural Gas C. Conducted Natural Gas D. Compressed Natural Gas 22. Which from the following is true for "Sound"? A. Sound cannot travel through a vaccum B. Sound cannot travel through gases C. Sound cannot travel through liquids D. Sound cannot travel through solids
23. When white light is passed through a prism, it splits into __________ colours. A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 8 24. 1 nanometer = ? A. 10-3 meter B. 10-6 meter C. 10-9 meter D. 10-12 meter 25. Instrument used for measuring very high temperature is __________. A. Pyroscope B. Pyrometer C. Seismograph D. Xylometer 26. Sound waves are _________ waves. A. Transverse B. Electromagnetic C. Longitudinal D. none of these 27. The lifespan of White Blood Cells is __________ day(s). A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4 28. The fluid part of blood is known as __________. A. plasma B. platelets C. blood cells D. 29. X-rays were discovered by __________. A. Rontgen B. Thomson C. Rutherford D. Bacquerel 30. The speed of light is __________. A. 280,000 km/s B. 300,000 km/s C. 320,000 km/s D. none of these 21. D 22. A 23. B
24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30.
C B C A A A B
32 Everyday Science Quizzes Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 31. A. B. C. D.
Salt Chlorine Carbon dioxide Water
32. In a very low temperature which from the following will freeze at last? A. River water B. Canal water C. Sea water D. Water in a lake 33. The nearest planet to the Earth is _________. A. Venus B. Mercury C. Mars D. Moon 34. The planet that moves round the Sun at the highest speed is? A. Jupiter B. Venus C. Mars D. Mercury 35. In general, Comets have __________ orbits. A. Elliptical B. Highly elliptical C. Circular D. Parabolic 36. GPS is an abbreviation for? A. Global Poles System B. Global PolySiliconium Store C. Global Positioning System D. Global Position Structure 37. Oxidation is a chemical reaction involving the __________. A. Gain of Electrons
B. C. D.
Loss of Electrons Gain of Protons Loss of Protons
38. At night, Plants intake __________ and release __________. A. Oxygen – Carbon dioxide B. Carbon dioxide – Oxygen C. Oxygen – Carbon monoxide D. Carbon monoxide – Oxygen 39. Urine is produced in __________. A. Kidneys B. Lungs C. Large intestine D. Liver 40. Blood is cleaned by __________. A. Lungs B. Liver C. Heart D. Kidneys 31. A 32. C 33. A 34. D 35. B 36. C 37. B 38. A 39. A 40. D
33 Science Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 41. A. B. C.
Electron Proton Neutron
A. B. C. D.
1 gram 10 grams 1 kg 10 kg
43. The planet which is easily visible from the Earth is? A. Mercury B. Venus C. Mars D. Jupiter 44. The Great Spot is on the planet __________. A. Saturn B. Venus C. Mars D. Jupiter 45. The Great Spot is a __________. A. Mountain B. Desert C. Frozen Carbon dioxide D. Storm 46. A. B. C. D.
Mars Saturn Uranus Jupiter
47. 1 light year = ? A. 9.5x106 km B. 9.5x109 km C. 9.5x1012 km D. 9.5x1018 km 48. The planets visible to us without using a telescope are __________. A. 3 B. 4 C. 5 D. 6 49. A. B. C. D.
10 – 20 20 – 30 30 – 40 40 – 50
50. Biosensor is used to measure? A. Blood glucose level
B. C. D. 41. B 42. C 43. B 44. D 45. D 46. D 47. C 48. C 49. A 50. A
The body pH value Amount of hemoglobin Salinity in Urine
34 Science Quizzes Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 51. A. B. C. D.
E = mc2 E = cm2 M = ec2 M = ce2
52. The SI unit of electric current is? A. Coloumb B. Ampere C. Volt D. Watt 53. The principal constituent of the atmosphere of the Earth is? A. Oxygen B. Carbon C. Hydrogen D. Nitrogen 54. What is Dry Ice? A. Solid Oxygen B. Solid Carbon Dioxide C. Solid Hydrogen D. Solid Nitrogen 55. What are the primary colours? A. White, Black, Blue B. Red, Yellow, Blue C. Red, Orange, Blue D. Red, Green, Blue 56. Digestion of food is completed in the __________. A. small intestine B. large intestine
57. Carrot is good source of Vitamin? A. A B. B complex C. C D. D 58. For proper formation of teeth, __________ is essential. A. iodine B. copper C. fluorine D. iron 59. Deficiency of __________ causes loss of appetite and poor growth. A. zinc B. iodine C. copper D. iron 60. Meteorology is the study of? A. seasons B. atmosphere C. air and sounds D. winds and clouds 51. A 52. B 53. D 54. B 55. D 56. A 57. A 58. C 59. A 60. B
35 General Science MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 61. The Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere, by volume, is A. 0.039% B. 3.9% C. 13% D. 30% 62. Diamond is an allotropic form of
A. B. C. D.
Carbon Hydrogen Nitrogen Silicon
63. The SI unit of Heat is A. Watt B. Volt C. Joule D. Newton 64. The good sources of Vitamin-A are A. green leafy vegetables B. seeds C. fresh vegetables and fruits D. sea foods 65. The good sources of Vitamin-B Complex are A. green leafy vegetables B. seeds C. fresh vegetables and fruits D. sea foods 66. The good sources of Vitamin-C are A. green leafy vegetables B. seeds C. fresh vegetables and fruits D. sea foods 67. The good sources of iodine are A. green leafy vegetables B. seeds C. fresh vegetables and fruits D. sea foods 68. The gas, commonly known as “laughing gas”, is A. Cabon Dioxide B. Sulfur Dioxide C. Nitrous Oxide D. Sodium Oxide 69. The source of oxygen in photosynthesis is A. water B. salts C. minerals D. glucose 70. The instrument used to measure wind speed is A. Anemometer B. Barometer C. Hydrometer D. Hygrometer
61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70.
A A C A B C D C A A
36 General Science Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 71. The natural fats and oils are composed of A. Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen B. Carbon, Hydrogen and Nitrogen C. Carbon, Oxygen and Nitrogen D. Hydrogen, Oxygen and Nitrogen 72. The energy value of food is measured in A. Joule B. Calories C. Tesla D. Proteins 73. Wind energy is the __________ energy. A. Potential B. Transverse C. Kinetic D. Mechanical 74. Who is considered the founder of meteorology? A. Aristotle B. Plato C. Einstein D. Newton 75. Water covers __________ of the Earth's surface. A. 60% B. 65% C. 70% D. 75% 76. In general, wind speed of 105–137 caused A. minor or no damage B. considerable damage C. severe damage D. extreme damage
77. A. B. C. D.
Sulfur Dioxide and Potassium Nitrate Sulfur and Charcoal Nitrogen Oxide and Potassium Nitrate Sulfur Dioxide and Nitrogen Oxide
A. B. C. D.
Oxygen Cabon Dioxide Silicon Clay
79. The fourth state of matter is A. Water B. Salts C. Vapours D. Plasma 80. The device used to convert Alternate Current into Direct Current is called A. Anemometer B. Battery C. Galvanometer D. Rectifier 71. A 72. B 73. C 74. A 75. C 76. A 77. D 78. A 79. D 80. D
37 General Science Quizzes Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 81. In night, when photosynthesis is stopped, plants A. take in Carbon Dioxide B. take in Oxygen C. give off Carbon Dioxide D. give off Oxygen 82. During photosynthesis, plants A. take in Carbon Dioxide B. take in Oxygen C. give off Carbon Dioxide D. give off Oxygen 83. __________ are called the powerhouses of the cell.
A. B. C. D.
Mitochondria Vesicles Lungs Liver
84. Mitochondria contain their own supply of A. DNA B. Amino acids C. Vitamins D. Oxygen 85. The first chemical explosive, Gunpowder, is a mixture of A. Sulfur, Charcoal and Nitrogen Oxide B. Sulfur, Charcoal, and Potassium Nitrate C. Sulfur and Charcoal D. Charcoal and Potassium Nitrate 86. The number of oscillations per second is called the A. hertz B. waves C. pitch D. frequency 87. Sound waves from a loudspeaker are caused by A. frequency B. vibrations C. pitch D. amplitude 88. The guitar has __________ strings. A. 4 B. 5 C. 6 D. 7 89. The device used to measure movements of the heart is A. Cardiograph B. Seismograph C. Hydrometer D. Hygrometer 90. The unit used to measure ‘Pressure’ is A. pascal B. newton C. watt D. tesla 81. C 82. D 83. A 84. A 85. B 86. D 87. B
88. C 89. A 90. A
38 Daily Science MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 91. There are __________ methods of heat transfer. A. 3 B. 4 C. 5 D. 6 92. Which from the following is NOT a method of heat transfer? A. Conduction B. Convection C. Radiation D. All are methods of heat transfer 93. A. B. C. D.
Conduction Convection Radiation None of these
94. A person seated in front of a fire receives heat by A. Conduction B. Convection C. Radiation D. None of these 95. The unit used to measure ‘magnetic flux’ is A. pascal B. farad C. weber D. henry 96. Battery was invented by A. Volta B. Hero C. Fermi D. Maiman 97. A. B. C. D.
Hydrogen Nitrogen Brass Silicon
98. The nearest planet to the Sun is A. Mercury B. Venus C. Mars D. Jupiter 99. Bronze is an alloy of A. Iron, Carbon B. Copper, Tin C. Nickel, Zinc D. Mercury, Lead 100. A. B. C. D. 91. A 92. D 93. A 94. C 95. C 96. A 97. D 98. B 99. B 100. B
Isotopes Isomers Electrode Compound
39 Daily Science Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 101. One way of transfer of heat energy is 'convection' which occurs in A. Liquids only B. Gasses only C. Liquids and gasses D. Liquids, gasses and solids 102. Which from the following is incompressible A. Solids B. Liquids C. Gasses D. All are compressible 103. The key factor in determining the weather is the quantity of ________ in the atmosphere. A. Water vapour B. Oxygen C. Carbondioxide D. Hydrogen 104. The entropy of the universe is
A. B. C. D.
Increasing Decreasing Constant None of these
105. Which from the following methods of heat transfer can take place in a vaccum? A. Canduction B. Convection C. Radiation D. All 106. Neutrons were discovered by A. Einstein B. James Chadwick C. F.W. Aston D. Rutherford 107. Mass Spectrograph was invented by A. Einstein B. James Chadwick C. F.W. Aston D. Rutherford 108. Nucleus was discovered by A. Einstein B. James Chadwick C. F.W. Aston D. Rutherford 109. Which is the process of science? A. Observation > Experiments > Hypothesis B. Hypothesis > Observations > Experiments C. Observation > Hypothesis > Experiments D. Experiments > Observations > Hypothesis 110. Salty water can be made pure by the method of A. filtration B. evaporation C. chromatography D. distillation 101. 102. 103. 104. 105. 106. 107. 108. 109. 110.
C B A A C B C D C D
40 Daily Science Quizzes Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 111. The unit of efficiency is A. Volt B. Watt C. Joules D. None of these 112. Which from the following is NOT a stored energy? A. Thermal B. Gravitational C. Elastic potential energy D. Chemical 113. Energy can be converted from one form to another, but all energy ends up as A. Kinetic energy B. Potential energy C. Heat energy D. Chemical energy 114. A battery converts ________ into electrical energy. A. Potential energy B. Chemical energy C. Nuclear energy D. Mechanical energy 115. Which from the following is NOT a renewable energy resource? A. Geothermal B. Biomass C. Solar D. Nuclear 116. Which from the following is NOT a non-renewable energy resource? A. Coal B. Natural gas C. Nuclear D. Geothermal 117. Current is the flow of A. Electrons B. Protons C. Neutrons D. Voltage 118. The unit of current is A. Volt B. Ampere C. Ohm D. Watt
119. To prevent electric shocks, a/an ________ is placed in the circuit. A. Amneter B. Voltmeter C. Fuse D. Diode 120. Electrons were discovered by A. James Chadwick B. J.J. Thomson C. F.W. Aston D. Rutherford 111. D 112. A 113. C 114. B 115. D 116. D 117. A 118. B 119. C 120. B
41 Science Questions Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 121. When molten rock cools and solidifies, the ________ are formed. A. igneous rocks B. satimantary rocks C. metamorphet rocks D. none of these 122. Molten rock below the surface of the Earth is called? A. Lava B. Magma C. Crystals D. Granite 123. Molten rock above the surface of the Earth is called? A. Lava B. Magma C. Crystals D. Granite 124. The metal which is liquid at room temperature is? A. Zinc B. Nickol C. Lead D. Mercury 125. Between the melting point and boiling point of a substance, the substance is a?
A. B. C. D.
Solid Liquid Gas Crystal
126. The boiling point of alcohol is A. 78 oc B. 86 oc C. 94 oc D. 100 oc 127. The visible cloud of dust and gas in space is called? A. White Dwarf B. Supernova C. Nebula D. Galaxy 128. The average salinity of the Earth's oceans in 1 kilogram of sea water is about ________ grams of salt. A. 90 B. 25 C. 30 D. 35 129. The most abundant substance that constitutes the mass of the Earth is? A. Iron B. Oxygen C. Nitrogen D. Silicon 130. The Earth's atmosphere is divided into ________ main layers. A. 4 B. 5 C. 6 D. 7 121. A 122. B 123. A 124. D 125. B 126. A 127. C 128. D 129. A 130. B
42 Science Questions Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 131. Rocks which are formed by high temperature and pressure on existing rocks over a period of time are called ________ rocks. A. igneous B. metamorphic
132. Marble and slate are examples of A. igneous rocks B. metamorphic rocks C. sedimentary rocks D. crystals 133. Sandstone and limestone are examples of A. igneous rocks B. metamorphic rocks C. sedimentary rocks D. crystals 134. Absolute zero, which is the lower limit of the thermodynamic temperature scale, is equivalent to ________ on the celsius scale. A. -273 oc B. 0 oc C. 100 oc D. 973 oc 135. The diameter of the Earth's equator is larger than the pole-to-pole diameter by A. 40 km B. 43 km C. 46 km D. 49 km 136. The Tectonic Plates of the Earth lies in A. Inner Core B. Outer Core C. Lithosphere D. Asthenosphere 137. There are ________ major tectonic plates. A. 4 B. 5 C. 6 D. 7 138. The fresh water on the Earth is ________ of the total water. A. 2.5% B. 5% C. 7.5% D. 10% 139. The Ozone Layer lies in the A. troposphere B. stratosphere C. mesosphere D. thermosphere
140. The Earth's atmosphere is divided into ________ layers. A. 4 B. 5 C. 6 D. 7 131. B 132. B 133. C 134. A 135. B 136. C 137. D 138. A 139. B 140. B
43 Science Questions Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 141. Which type of rock may contain fossils? A. Igneous B. Metamorphic C. Sedimentary D. Crystals 142. The mass is highly concentrated form of A. Weight B. Energy C. Force D. Momentum 143. The whole Earth can be covered by ________ geo-stationary satellites. A. 3 B. 4 C. 5 D. 6 144. The ozone layer is at height of ________ kilometers from the surface of the Earth. A. 10 to 20 B. 20 to 30 C. 30 to 40 D. 40 to 50 145. The ozone layer was discovered by A. F.W. Aston and J.J Thomson B. Albert Einstein C. Rutherford D. Charles Fabry and Henri Buisson 146. The interior structure of the Earth is divided into ________ layers.
A. B. C. D.
4 5 6 7
147. We live on the Earth's A. Inner core B. Outer core C. Crust D. Mantle 148. The thickest layer of the Earth is A. Crust B. Inner core C. Outer core D. Mantle 149. The outermost layer of the Earth is A. Crust B. Inner mantle C. Outer mantle D. Core 150. The Earth's crust ranges from ________ km in depth. A. 0-5 B. 5-10 C. 5-70 D. 10-70 141. C 142. B 143. A 144. B 145. D 146. B 147. C 148. D 149. A 150. C
44 Questions of Everyday Science Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 151. The Earth's internal heat mainly comes from A. Liquid hydrogen B. Chemical reactions C. Radioactive decay D. Molecular kinetic energy
152. There are different reasons on the Earth because of A. Rotation of the Earth B. Revolution of the Earth C. The Earth's axis is tilted D. The Earth's distance from the Sun 153. On average, Air contains ________ % of water vapour. A. 1 B. 3 C. 5 D. 7 154. Earth's troposphere extends from the Earth's surface to an average height of about ________ km. A. 10 B. 12 C. 15 D. 17 155. The science of lightning is called A. Aerology B. Meteorology C. Electeorology D. Fulminology 156. Ships use ________ to find the depth of the ocean beneath them. A. Pictches B. Echoes C. Frequencies D. None of these 157. Molecules with identical molecular formulae but with different structural formulae are called A. Isomers B. Isotopes C. Atomic number D. Mass number 158. The anode is the electrode connected to the ________ terminal of a battery. A. Positive B. Negative C. Neutral D. Free 159. The unit used to measure humidity is A. Barometer B. Hydrometer C. Hygrometer D. Galvanometer 160. Laser was invented by A. Volta B. Sturgeon C. Hero
D. 151. C 152. C 153. A 154. B 155. D 156. B 157. A 158. A 159. C 160. D
45 General Science Questions Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 161. The vernier calipers is used to measure A. Length B. Time C. Temperature D. Viscority 162. Atomic clock is used to measure ________ intervals of time. A. Very short B. Short C. Very long D. Long 163. 1 tonne = ________ kg A. 100 B. 400 C. 1000 D. 4000 164. An instrument used to measure atmospheric pressure is A. Ammeter B. Manometer C. Galvanometer D. Barometer 165. An instrument used to measure gas pressure is A. Ammeter B. Manometer C. Galvanometer D. Barometer 166. Which electromagnetic wave has the longest wavelength? A. Gamma rays B. X-rays C. Microwaves D. Radio waves
167. Which electromagnetic wave has the shortest wavelength? A. Gamma rays B. X-rays C. Microwaves D. Radio waves 168. All electromagnetic waves have the same A. Frequency B. Amplitude C. Wavelength in vaccum D. Speed in vaccum 169. The reflection of sound is called A. Frequency B. Vibration C. Echo D. Wave 170. An instrument used to measure electric current is called A. Ammeter B. Barometer C. Galvanometer D. Manometer 161. A 162. A 163. C 164. D 165. B 166. D 167. A 168. D 169. C 170. A
46 Questions of Science Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 171. The SI unit of thermodynamic temperature is A. Celsius B. Fahrenheight C. Kelvin D. None of these 172. The shortest distance between crest to crest is called A. Phare B. thoughs C. Amplitude D. Wavelength
173. The speed of sound is fastest in A. Solids B. Liquids C. Gasses D. Vaccum 174. The speed of sound is slowest in A. Solids B. Liquids C. Gasses D. Vaccum 175. Radioactivity was discovered by A. Henri Becquerel B. Pierre Curie C. Marie Curie D. Rutherford 176. Which from the following has the greatest ionising power? A. Alpha particles B. Beta particles C. Gamma rays D. All three has same ionising power 177. Which from the following has the greatest penetrating power? A. Alpha particles B. Beta particles C. Gamma rays D. All three have same penetrating power 178. Which from the following has the greatest speed? A. Alpha B. Beta C. Gamma D. None 179. At night A. The land cools faster than the water in the sea B. The water in the sea cools faster than the land C. The land and the water in the sea cools together D. None of these 180. The chemical name of chalk is A. Sodium nitrate B. Zinc sulfate C. Sulphuric acid D. Calcium carbonate 171. C 172. D 173. A 174. C 175. A 176. A
177. 178. 179. 180.
C C A D
47 Science MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 181. The branch of science which study the interaction between matter and radian energy is called A. Thermochemistry B. Polymer chemistry C. Spectroscopy D. Electrochemistry 182. The horizontal rows of the periodic table are called A. Groups B. Periods C. Sets D. Matrices 183. The vertical coloumns of the periodic table are called A. Groups B. Periods C. Sets D. Matrices 184. Which metallic element is liquid at room temperature? A. Zinc B. Nickel C. Lead D. Mercury 185. Which non-metallic element is liquid at room temperature? A. Bromine B. Flourine C. Chlorine D. Phosphorous 186. Battery charger converts electrical energy into ________ energy. A. Kinetic B. Potential C. Chemical D. Nuclear 187. A loudspeaker changes ________ energy into sound energy. A. Chemical B. Electrical C. Light D. Kinetic
188. The strongest part(s) of a magnet is/are A. North pole B. South pole C. North and south pole D. Median of north and south pole 189. Electromagnetic induction was discovered by A. Carnot B. Volta C. Faraday D. Bessel 190. Battery was invented by A. Carnot B. Volta C. Faraday D. Bessel 181. C 182. B 183. A 184. D 185. A 186. C 187. B 188. C 189. C 190. B
48 Science MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 191. The most abundant form of matter in the universe is A. Solid B. Liquid C. Gas D. Plasma 192. When gas is ionized, ________ forms. A. Molecule B. Element C. Plasma D. Current 193. Wind is caused by A. Difference in atmospheric pressure B. Difference in atmospheric temperature C. Rotation of the Earth D. Revolution of the Earth 194. Wind speed is measured by
A. B. C. D.
Anemometer Barometer Ceilometer Galvanometer
195. The fact that universe is expanding was discovered by A. Hahn B. Hubble C. Rontgen D. Rutherford 196. X-rays were discovered by A. Hahn B. Hubble C. Rontgen D. Rutherford 197. The Nobel prize in physics for the discovery of the law of photoelectric effect was awarded to A. Newton B. Einstein C. Rontgen D. Rutherford 198. The symbol of gold is A. Au B. Ag C. Fe D. Sg 199. Plaster of Paris is produced by heating A. Graphite B. Gypsum C. Zinc D. Lead 200. Which from the following is NOT true about Helium gas A. Colourless B. Odorless C. Tasteless D. Toxic 191. D 192. C 193. A 194. A 195. B 196. C 197. B 198. A 199. B 200. D
49 Science MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 201. Which is the largest excretory organ of the body A. lungs B. skin C. liver D. none of these 202. The brain is enclosed in a bony case called A. diaphragam B. vertebral column C. cranium D. vertebrae 203. Which is the bone that is present in forelimb A. radius B. femur C. ribs D. sternum 204. Which one is herbivore A. cat B. dog C. cow D. lion 205. Which structure helps in transport of water in plants A. phloem B. leaf C. bark D. xylem 206. The organisms that can make their own food are called A. producers B. consumers C. secondary consumers D. decomposers 207. Bacteria are A. eukaryotes B. prokaryotes C. non-living D. none of these 208. Bile juice is secreted by A. pancreas B. stomach C. intestine D. gall bladder
209. Which part of the blood cells provide immunity A. RBC B. WBC C. platelet D. blood plasma 210. Which structure prevent water loss in plants A. cuticle B. bark C. mesophyll D. leaf 201. B 202. C 203. A 204. C 205. D 206. A 207. B 208. D 209. B 210. A
50 Science MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 211. DNA structure was first described by A. Pasteur B. Robert Koch C. Watson and Crick D. Carlous Linnaues 212. Pollination is best defined as A. germination of pollen grains B. transfer of pollen from anther to stigma C. formation of pollen grains D. none of these 213. Movement of cell against concentration gradient is called A. active transport B. osmosis C. diffusion D. both b and c 214. One of the following is not a function of bones A. support B. production of blood cells C. protein synthesis D. muscle attachment 215. Plants absorb most part of water needed by them through their
A. B. C. D.
stem root hairs leaf bark
216. Highly intelligent mammals are A. rat B. bat C. dolphin D. elephant 217. Process of cell division take place by A. mitosis B. fertilization C. reproduction D. none of these 218. Prokaryotic cell lack A. nucleolus B. nuclear membrane C. both a and b D. none of these 219. Pulses are a good source of A. proteins B. carbohydrates C. vitamins D. minerals 220. Plants that grow in dry habitat are called A. hydrophytes B. xerophytes C. shrubs D. herbs 211. C 212. B 213. A 214. C 215. B 216. C 217. A 218. C 219. A 220. B
51 Science MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
221. Oxygen released in the process of photosynthesis comes from A. water B. oxygen C. carbon dioxide D. nitrogen dioxide 222. Phloem tissue is found in A. liver B. placenta C. plants D. none of these 223. Plant bends towards the source of light on account of the movement known as A. geotropism B. hydrotropism C. chemotropism D. phototropism 224. Animal lacks A. starch B. cellulose C. protein D. lipids 225. On which of the following plants did Gregor Mendal perform his classical experiment A. corn B. mustard C. pea D. sunflower 226. Among the biotic components of the ecosystem, the producer system is A. carnivores B. herbivores C. plants D. animals 227. Breeding and management of bees is known A. agriculture B. sericulture C. horticulture D. apiculture 228. Study of fossils is called A. psychology B. paleontology C. biodiversity D. haematology 229. Which is an example of fungi A. paramecium B. euglena C. penicillium
230. The scientific name of human is A. Homo sapiens B. Homo habiscus C. Oriza sativa D. none of these 221. A 222. C 223. D 224. B 225. C 226. C 227. D 228. B 229. C 230. A
52 Science MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 231. Thread like structures in fungi are called A. mycelium B. hyphae C. sporangium D. spores 232. The smallest bacteria on earth is A. mycoplasma B. E.coli C. salmonella D. clostridium 233. Vaccine for rabies was developed by A. Robert Koch B. Robert Brown C. Pasteur D. none of these 234. Malaria is caused by A. mosquito B. plasmodium C. virus D. bacteria 235. Hepatitis is inflammation of A. stomach B. kidney
236. Penicillin is obtained from A. soil B. bacteria C. fungi D. virus 237. Which one is endoparasite A. lice B. ticks C. virus D. tape worm 238. Fructose is A. pentose sugar B. hexose sugar C. heptose sugar D. none of these 239. Peptide bond is a A. C-N link B. N-H link C. C-O link D. N-O link 240. Which is correct about enzymes A. protein in nature B. speed up reaction C. denature at high temperature D. all of these 231. B 232. A 233. C 234. B 235. D 236. C 237. D 238. A 239. B 240. D
53 Science MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 241. Which is called power house of the cell A. golgi complex B. mitochondria C. nucleus
242. The structure that is absent in animal cell A. cell wall B. nulcleus C. centriole D. mitochondria 243. The non-protein part of enzyme is called A. co-enzyme B. activator C. cofactor D. substrate 244. Nucleic acid were first isolated by A. Erwin Chargaff B. Friedrich Miescher C. Rosalind Franklin D. none of these 245. One of the following is not pyrimidine A. thymine B. cytosine C. guanine D. uracil 246. Fructose is A. milk sugar B. cereal sugar C. aldo sugar D. keto sugar 247. Group of tissues doing a particular job A. organ B. system C. organelle D. individual 248. Members of the same species living in the same place at the same time make A. population B. ecosystem C. community D. trophic level 249. Which one is a leukocyte A. red blood cell B. plasma cell C. monocyte D. all of these 250. Which one of the following contain deoxygenated blood A. pulmonary artery
B. C. D. 241. B 242. A 243. C 244. B 245. C 246. D 247. A 248. C 249. C 250. A
hepatic artery left atrium none of these
54 Science MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 251. In most plants the food is transported in form of A. fructose B. sucrose C. starch D. glucose 252. How many molecules of carbon dioxide are formed in one Kreb's cycle A. 2 B. 4 C. 6 D. 1 253. Which enzyme digest carbohydrates A. lipase B. proteases C. amylases D. none of these 254. The pancreas produce digestive enzymes and release in the A. stomach B. esophagus C. large intestine D. small intestine 255. Detail study of internal organs at level of tissue with the help of microscope is called A. histology B. anatomy C. physiology D. embryology 256. The exchange of chromosal segments i.e.crossing over occurs during A. first meiotic division B. mitotic division
second meiotic division none of these
257. Many bacteria in our digestive system synthesize vitamins for example vitamin A. B1 B. B2 C. B12 D. B6 258. It is very serious disease of brain which is caused by fungi A. ring worm B. meningitis C. hepatitis D. none of these 259. They are widespread as protective coatings on fruits and leaves A. cholesterol B. waxes C. chitin D. all of these 260. They are present in the underground parts of the plants and stored food A. leucoplast B. chromoplast C. chloroplast D. stem 251. B 252. C 253. C 254. D 255. A 256. A 257. C 258. B 259. B 260. A
55 Science MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 261. The simplest amino acid is A. alanine B. glycine C. valine D. phenylalanine 262. Accumulation of lipid molecules in brain cells lead to A. paralysis B. oedema C. mental retardation
all of these
263. The life and activities of a cell is controlled by A. cytoplasm B. nucleus C. vacuole D. mitochondria 264. Flagella are composed of A. micro tubules B. micro filaments C. intermediate filaments D. glycoproteins 265. Tobacco mosaic virus was crystallized by A. Pasteur B. Chamberland C. Stanely D. Ivanowski 266. Non-enveloped naked viruses are known as A. prions B. bacteriophages C. oncoviruses D. virions 267. Gram +ve bacteria on treatment with crystal violet dye give colour A. red B. green C. purple D. pink 268. Malarial parasite is injected into man as A. sporozoites B. merozoites C. zygote D. none of these 269. The terms procariotique and eucariotique were proposed by A. Whittaker B. Chatton C. Haeckel D. Margulis and Schwartz 270. The most common type of asexual reproduction in the fungi is A. fragmentation B. spore production C. budding D. binary fission 261. B 262. C 263. B
264. 265. 266. 267. 268. 269. 270.
A C D C A B B
56 Science MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 271. Outside the thallus of Marchantia there are special structures called A. stem tuber B. rhizoids C. sporangium D. none of these 272. The vascular plants are termed as A. tracheophytes B. bryophytes C. pteridophytes D. all of these 273. In human beings influenza is caused by A. bacteria B. protist C. virus D. fungi 274. In many which phylum the body of an organisms is usually divided in there regions called head, thorax and abdomen A. echinodermata B. mollusca C. nematoda D. arthropoda 275. Snails belong to A. gastropods B. bivalves C. arthropods D. platyhelminthes 276. Amoeba moves in water with the help of locomotory organs called A. tube feet B. cilia C. pseudopodia D. flagella 277. Liver fluke is parasite in the liver of A. cattle
B. C. D.
sheep goat all of these
278. In all coelentrates endoderm give rise to A. nervous system B. digestive system C. reproductive system D. circulatory system 279. Higher vascular plants are also called A. flowering plants B. seed plants C. ferns D. none of these 280. The plants which produce embryo but lack vascular tissues and seeds are placed in A. bryophytes B. pteridophytes C. tracheophytes D. all of these 271. B 272. A 273. C 274. D 275. A 276. C 277. D 278. B 279. B 280. A
57 Science MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 281. Which bone is called beauty bone in women A. sternum B. clavicle C. maxilla D. radius 282. Detachment of myosin head and actin in rigor mortis occurs due to A. stored ATP in body B. hypercalcemia C. autolysis in body D. hyperactivity of mitochondria 283. Release of the ovum from ovary is called A. fertilization B. ovulation
implantation none of these
284. The foetus is protected from the mechanical damage by the A. cervix B. vagina C. uterus D. amniotic fluid 285. Rich source of energy in seimen is A. glucose B. fructose C. lactose D. sacrose 286. Sickle cell anemia was discovered by A. Vernon Ingram B. Sanger C. Miescher D. none of these 287. Earthworm lives in A. sea water B. moist soil C. fresh water D. none of these 288. Kangaroo has an abdominal pouch known as A. placenta B. guttural pouch C. marsupial D. all of these 289. The utilization of the products of digestion is called A. ingestion B. absorption C. assimilation D. both a and b 290. Parabronchi are present in A. cockroach B. frog C. fish D. birds 281. B 282. C 283. B 284. D 285. A 286. A 287. B 288. C 289. C
58 Science MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 291. The respiratory problem most common in smokers is A. tuberculosis B. emphysema C. asthma D. cancer 292. Water potential of pure water is A. zero B. one C. negative D. two 293. Bean shaped cells in plants are A. mesophyll cells B. xylem cells C. phloem cells D. guard cells 294. The normal pH of human blood is A. 6.4 B. 7.0 C. 7.4 D. 7.5 295. Shrinkage of protoplast due to exosmosis of water is A. imbibition B. plasmolysis C. deplasmolysis D. adhesion 296. Artherosclerosis is a major condition leading to A. heart attack B. hypertension C. stroke D. tumor 297. Villi and microvilli increase A. digestion B. assimilation C. absorption D. ingestion 298. Splitting of glucose relates to A. respiration
B. C. D.
photorespiration glycolysis pyruvic acid
299. Reptiles hibernate during A. summer B. winter C. spring D. autumn 300. Which of the following plants are called arthrophytes A. sphenopsids B. lycopsids C. psilopsids D. pteropsids 291. B 292. A 293. D 294. C 295. B 296. A 297. C 298. C 299. B 300. A
1 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 1.
The United Nations was founded on _________. A. March 24, 1945 B. October 24, 1945 C. March 24, 1949 D. October 24, 1950
Which country from the following is NOT the member of UNO? A. Vatican City B. Afghanistan C. North Korea D. Vaitnam
The International Court of Justice is located in _________. A. New York B. Washigton C. Geneva D. The Hague
There are __________ members of SAARC. A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 8
5. A. B. C. D.
1 2 3 4
There are _________ non-permanent members of the security council. A. 5 B. 7 C. 10 D. 15
The currency of Indonesia is _________. A. rupiah B. dinar C. rangit D. riyal
The D-8 is an organization of eight ________ countries. A. developed B. developing C. Asian D. African
The European Union's working capital is in _________. A. London B. Lisbon C. Austria D. Brussels
10. The headquarter of NATO is located in _________. A. New York B. Paris C. Geneva D. Brussels 1. B 2. A 3. D 4. D 5. C 6. C 7. A 8. B 9. D 10. D
59 General Knowledge Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 11. The motto of UNO is _________. A. It's your world! B. Life for All! C. Peace! D. Love and Peace! 12. The world's highest mountain is in __________. A. China B. Pakistan C. Nepal D. India 13. The headquarter of Red Cross is in _________. A. New York B. Washigton C. Geneva D. The Hague 14. World Trade Organization was established in __________. A. 1980 B. 1985 C. 1990 D. 1995 15. The North Atlantic treaty (NATO) was signed in __________. A. 1945 B. 1947 C. 1949 D. 1951 16. Which country, on the map of world, appears as "Long Shoe"? A. Portugal B. Italy C. Greece D. Hungary 17. Which from the following countries is NOT a member of D-8? A. India B. Pakistan C. Nigeria D. Turkey 18. The largest ocean of the world is __________. A. Atlantic B. Pacific
Indian None of these
19. Which from the following countries does NOT yeild veto-power? A. United States B. United Kingdom C. Canada D. France 20. A. B. C. D. 11. A 12. C 13. C 14. D 15. C 16. B 17. A 18. B 19. C 20. D
1991 1999 2001 2011
60 GK MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 21. The most powerful organ of United Nations is _________. A. General Assembly B. Security Council C. Secretariat D. International Court of Justice 22. The headquarter of Green Peace International is located in _________. A. Amserdam B. Geneva C. Lisbon D. Austria 23. 3 May is observed Internationally as _________. A. Labour Day B. Environment Day C. Earth Day D. Press Freedom Day 24. The Capital of Canada is __________. A. Tirane B. Ottawa C. Athens
25. Suez Canal is between __________. A. Arabian Sea and Red Sea B. Red Sea and North Sea C. Mediterranean Sea and North Sea D. Mediterranean Sea and Red Sea 26. The permanent Secretariat of SAARC is located in __________. A. Islamabad, Pakistan B. New Delhi, India C. Kathmandu, Nepal D. Colombo, Sri Lanka 27. Which from the following countries is NOT a member of European Union? A. Norway B. Ireland C. Malta D. Estonia 28. The currency of Israel is _________. A. Euro B. Shekel C. Forint D. Krone 29. The largest democratic country in the world is _________. A. United States B. United Kingdom C. China D. India 30. The permanent Secretariat of OIC is located in _________. A. Makkah B. Madina C. Jeddah D. Riyadh 21. B 22. A 23. D 24. B 25. D 26. C 27. A 28. B 29. D 30. C
61 GK Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30
31. The highest part of the Earth is __________ . A. Mount Everest B. K2 C. Norway D. North Pole 32. The lowest part of the Earth is __________ . A. Dead Sea B. Mariana Trench C. South Africa D. South Pole 33. The deepest part of the Earth is __________ . A. Dead Sea B. Mariana Trench C. South Africa D. South Pole 34. The headquarter of Amnesty International is in _________. A. Amserdam B. Geneva C. London D. Berlin 35. The headquarter of Transparency International is in _________. A. Amserdam B. Geneva C. London D. Berlin 36. The biggest Island of the World is _________. A. Iceland B. Greenland C. England D. Sri Lanka 37. 22 April is observed Internationally as _________. A. Labour Day B. Environment Day C. Earth Day D. Press Freedom Day 38. Yellow Sea lies between __________. A. America and Canada B. England and France C. China and Korea D. Norway and Sweden 39. The smallest Sea of the World is __________. A. Dead Sea B. Red Sea C. Baltic Sea
40. World's famous bridge "Golden Gate" is in __________. A. San Francisco B. New Delhi C. France D. Sydney 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40.
A A B C D B C C C A
62 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 41. Which country is called "Land of thousand islands"? A. Malaysia B. Indonesia C. Ireland D. Finland 42. A. B. C. D.
10,000 12,500 15,000 17,500
43. Which country is called the "Land of Golden Fibre"? A. United States B. South Korea C. Bangladesh D. India 44. Which country is called the "Land of thousand Lakes"? A. Indonesia B. Finland C. Iceland D. Scotland 45. Vienna is the capital of _________. A. Austria B. Switzerland C. Cyprus
46. The capital of Czech Republic is? A. Nicosia B. Dublin C. Bern D. Prague 47. AFP is the news agency of _________. A. Germany B. France C. Syria D. Yemen 48. ANTARA is the news agency of _________. A. Indonesia B. Syria C. Yemen D. Jordan 49. Emirates is an airline of __________. A. Saudi Arabia B. Qatar C. UAE D. Malaysia 50. Qantas is an airline of __________. A. Saudi Arabia B. Australia C. UAE D. Malaysia 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50.
B D C B A D B A C B
63 General Knowledge Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 51. The world's longest bridge, Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge, is in __________ . A. United States B. Russia C. China
52. The world's longest bridge over water, Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, is in __________. A. United States B. Russia C. China D. Canada 53. What was the nationality of Alfred Nobel? A. American B. British C. German D. Swedish 54. The first Nobel Prize was awarded in __________ . A. 1895 B. 1901 C. 1907 D. 1913 55. The Nobel Prize has been awarded in __________ fields. A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 8 56. The Nobel Peace Prize 2012 in the field of "Peace" was awarded to? A. European Union (EU) B. North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) C. Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) D. United Nations Security Council 57. SANA is the news agency of _________. A. Saudi Arabia B. UAE C. Syria D. Yemen 58. Saba is the news agency of _________. A. Indonesia B. Syria C. Yemen D. Jordan 59. KLM is an airline of __________. A. Australia B. Germany C. Netherlands D. Austria 60. Etihad Airways is an airline of __________. A. United Arab Emirates
B. C. D. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60.
Qatar Russia Canada
C A D B B A C C C A
64 General Knowledge Quizzes Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 61. The Earth surface is divided in __________ Continents. A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 8 62. The Largest Continent (by Area) of the World is __________. A. Asia B. Europe C. Africa D. North America 63. The second Largest Continent (by Area) of the World is __________. A. Asia B. Europe C. Africa D. North America 64. The Smallest Continent (by Area) of the World is __________. A. Antarctica B. Australia C. Africa D. Europe 65. The Earth's Oceanic water is divided in __________ oceans. A. 5 B. 6 C. 7 D. 8 66. The Earth's Largest ocean is __________ . A. Atlantic
B. C. D.
Arctic Indian Pacific
67. The Earth's second Largest ocean is __________ . A. Atlantic B. Arctic C. Indian D. Pacific 68. The Earth's Smallest ocean is __________ . A. Atlantic B. Arctic C. Indian D. Pacific 69. The world's Largest Lake is? A. Caspian Sea B. Lake Superior C. Lake Victoria D. Great Bear Lake 70. The hottest desert of the world is? A. Sahara Desert B. Arabian Desert C. Cholistan Desert D. Arctic Desert 61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70.
C A C B A D A B A A
65 General Knowledge Questions Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 71. The first Secretary General of United Nations was? A. Dag Hammarskjold B. Kurt Walheion C. U Thant D. Trygue Lie 72. World War I was began in? A. 1912
B. C. D.
1914 1916 1918
73. World War I was end in? A. 1912 B. 1914 C. 1916 D. 1918 74. World War II was began in? A. 1935 B. 1937 C. 1939 D. 1941 75. World War II was end in? A. 1939 B. 1941 C. 1943 D. 1945 76. The world's deadliest conflict was? A. World War I B. World War II C. Mongol Conquests D. Taiping Rebellion 77. The Atomic Bomb was dropped on the city of Hiroshima on? A. 3 August 1945 B. 6 August 1945 C. 9 August 1945 D. 12 August 1945 78. What was the name of Atomic Bomb that dropped on the city of Hiroshima? A. Little Boy B. Fat Boy C. Little Man D. Fat Man 79. The Atomic Bomb was dropped on the city of Nagasaki on? A. 3 August 1945 B. 6 August 1945 C. 9 August 1945 D. 12 August 1945 80. What was the name of Atomic Bomb that dropped on the city of Nagasaki? A. Little Boy B. Fat Boy C. Little Man D. Fat Man
71. 72. 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. 79. 80.
D B D C D B B A C D
66 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 81. NATO is a/an __________ alliance. A. military B. economic C. regional D. cultural 82. The oldest news agency in the world is? A. AFP B. WAFA C. BBC D. CNN 83. The Suez Canal is in __________ . A. Nigeria B. Libya C. Egypt D. Palestine 84. The Delaware river is in __________ . A. United States B. Canada C. China D. United Kingdom 85. The main structural work of the Eiffel Tower was completed in? A. 1883 B. 1885 C. 1887 D. 1889 86. The height of Eiffel Tower is __________ feet. A. 1063 B. 1067 C. 1073 D. 1077
87. Reuters is the news agency of __________ . A. United States B. United Kingdom C. France D. Germany 88. WAFA is the news agency of __________ . A. Palestine B. Iraq C. Qatar D. Egypt 89. The capital of Saudi Arabia is? A. Makkah B. Madina C. Taif D. Riyadh 90. The currency of Qatar is? A. Dollar B. Dinar C. Dirham D. Riyal 81. 82. 83. 84. 85. 86. 87. 88. 89. 90.
A A C A D A B A D D
67 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 ... 20 | 21 ... 30 91. Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) was founded on __________ . A. September 25, 1966 B. September 25, 1967 C. September 25, 19698 D. September 25, 1969 92. The OIC was founded in __________ . A. Saudi Arabia B. Iraq C. Qatar D. Morocco
93. The 6th organ, "Trusteeship Council" of the United Nations suspended operation on November 01, 1994, with the independence of _________. A. Chad B. Sudan C. Palau D. Tunisia 94. The United Nations has __________ principal organs. A. 4 B. 5 C. 6 D. 7 95. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) was founded on __________ . A. 27 December 1944 B. 27 December 1945 C. 27 December 1946 D. 27 December 1947 96. The social network site "Twitter" was launched on __________ . A. July 15, 2003 B. July 15, 2004 C. July 15, 2005 D. July 15, 2006 97. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) was formed in? A. 1958 B. 1960 C. 1962 D. 1964 98. 8 March is observed internationally as? A. Women's Day B. World Water Day C. World Health Day D. Human Rights Day 99. 22 March is observed internationally as? A. Women's Day B. World Water Day C. World Health Day D. Human Rights Day 100. 7 April is observed internationally as? A. Women's Day B. World Water Day C. World Health Day D. Human Rights Day 91. D 92. D 93. C
94. 95. 96. 97. 98. 99. 100.
B B D A A B C
68 MCQs General Knowledge Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 101. The soviet media theory had its roots in A. Italian Fascist philosophy B. Free enterprize approach of west C. German ideology D. Japanese imperialist edicts 102. The monetary unit of Bangladesh is A. Lek B. Taka C. Shilling D. Kyat 103. JEEVIKA, is the Rural Livelihoods project of which of the following State Governments A. West Bengal B. Punjab C. Bihar D. Uttar Pradesh 104. What is the capital of Vietnam A. Dhaka B. Ajmaan C. Hanoi D. none of these 105. Hitler party which came into power in 1933 is known as A. Labour Party B. Nazi Party C. Ku-Klux-Klan D. Democratic Party 106. For which of the following disciplines is Nobel Prize awarded A. Physics and Chemistry B. Physiology or Medicine C. Literature, Peace and Economics D. all of these 107. Garampani sanctuary is located at A. Diphu, Assam B. Junagarh, Gujarat
Kohima, Nagaland Gangtok, Sikkim
108. Eritrea, which became the 182nd member of the UN in 1993, is in the continent of A. Asia B. Africa C. Europe D. Australia 109. The height of all 4 Minars of Badshai Mosque are A. 170 feet B. 172 feet C. 175 feet D. 177 feet 110. Grand Central Terminal, Park Avenue, New York is the world's A. largest railway station B. highest railway station C. longest railway station D. none of these 101. C 102. B 103. B 104. C 105. B 106. D 107. A 108. B 109. D 110. A
69 MCQs of General Knowledge Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 111. Who made the design of Pakistan's first Stamp Ticket A. Rehmat Ali B. Abdur-rehaman Chugtai C. Waqar-ul-Hassan D. none of these 112. Which bay of the Atlantic, between northern Spain and western France, is noted for its rough seas and high tides A. Bay of Biscay B. Bay of Arizona C. Bay of northern hemisphere D. none of these 113. Thomas Cup is associated with which Game A. bedminton B. football
hockey none of these
114. Largest Arms Importer of the World is A. Africa B. China C. India D. Bangladesh 115. Ariana is airlines of which country A. China B. Indonesia C. Pakistan D. Afghanistan 116. FFC stands for A. Foreign Finance Corporation B. Film Finance Corporation C. Federation of Football Council D. none of these 117. What name is given to members of the Roman Catholic Society of Jesus A. Jesus B. Jesuits C. both a and b D. none of these 118. Epsom (England) is the place associated with A. horse racing B. polo C. shooting D. snooker 119. Who was the first person to address the United Nations in Hindi A. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam B. Narendra Modi C. Atal Behari Vajpayee D. Manmohan Singh 120. The availability of cash and other cash-like marketable instruments that are useful in purchases and investments are commonly known as A. marketability B. cash crunch C. credit D. liquidity 111. B 112. B 113. A 114. C 115. D 116. B 117. B 118. A
119. C 120. D
70 Quiz General Knowledge Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 121. When did Fatima Jinnah joined All India Muslim league A. 1939 B. 1927 C. 1947 D. 1949 122. First human heart transplant operation conducted by Dr. Christian Bernard on Louis Washkansky, was conducted in A. 1968 B. 1967 C. 1958 D. none of these 123. Which sign of the zodiac is also called The Waterbearer A. Scorpio B. Leo C. Gemini D. Aquarius 124. Habeas Corpus Act 1679 A. states that no one was to be imprisoned without a writ or warrant stating the charge against him B. provided facilities to a prisoner to obtain either speedy trial or release in bail C. safeguarded the personal liberties of the people against arbitrary imprisonment by the king's orders D. all of these 125. Which of the following is NOT a missile developed by the Defence Research and Development. Organisation (DRDO) A. Shaurya B. Agni C. Pinaka D. Brahmos 126. The 3rd SAARC Ministerial Level Meet on Poverty held in which among the following countries A. Bangladesh B. India C. Nepal D. Buhtan 127. Which common childhood illness related to shingles is also called varicella A. measles B. mumps C. polio D. chickenpox
128. Of which Caribbean country is Montego Bay the main tourist centre A. Toronto B. New York C. Jamaica D. Paris 129. The name of which Roman god means 'shining father' in Latin A. mercury B. jupiter C. venus D. pluto 130. The largest peninsula in the world is A. Arabia B. Asia C. Africa D. Europe 121. A 122. B 123. D 124. D 125. A 126. C 127. D 128. C 129. B 130. A
71 Quizzes General Knowledge Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 131. The 16th NAM (Non-Aligned Movement) Summit 2012 was held in A. Tehran B. Delhi C. Singapore D. London 132. Which one of the following countries made an exit from Kyoto Protocol A. France B. India C. Canada D. China 133. Quid-e-Azam's mother tongue was A. Gujrati B. Urdu C. Hindi D. none of these 134. Which SAARC Member Country has Largest Literacy Rate
A. B. C. D.
Bangladesh Sri Lanka China Indonesia
135. Pakistan's National Flag was prepared by A. Abdur-rehaman Chugtai B. Liaqat Ali C. Chaudhary Rehmat Ali D. Ameer-ud-din Qadwai 136. How many counters has each player in a game of backgammon A. 15 B. 12 C. 10 D. 16 137. Which Country is the Second largest Arms Exporter of the World A. India B. Russia C. China D. America 138. Which is the largest Oil Producing Member Country of OPEC A. Kuwait B. Bahrain C. Qatar D. Saudi Arabia 139. Which food item takes its name from the French for twice cooked A. burger B. pizza C. biscuit D. none of these 140. Which Country has the oldest monarchy A. Turkey B. Japan C. Rome D. Ireland 131. A 132. C 133. A 134. B 135. D 136. A 137. B 138. D 139. C 140. B
72 Quiz GK Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 141. ITAR-TASS is the news agency of which country A. Russia B. China C. India D. Afghanistan 142. Pakistan's standard time was suggested by A. Liaqat Ali B. Maulana Mazhar-ud-din C. Chaudhary Rehmat Ali D. Proffessor Muhammad Anwar 143. Golf player Vijay Singh belongs to which country A. USA B. Fiji C. India D. UK 144. Guarantee to an exporter that the importer of his goods will pay immediately for the goods ordered by him, is known as A. Letter of Credit (L/C) B. laissezfaire C. inflation D. none of these 145. First Afghan War took place in A. 1838 B. 1837 C. 1839 D. 1840 146. Gulf cooperation council was originally formed by A. Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates B. Second World Nations C. Third World Nations D. Fourth World Nations 147. First China War was fought between A. China and Britain B. China and France C. China and Egypt D. China and Greek 148. Pakistan's first coin was issued on A. 3rd june 1948 B. 6th june 1949 C. 3rd January 1948 D. none of these
149. Attock fort was constructed by A. Jahangeer B. Aurangzeb C. Akbar D. none of these 150. Mancher lake situated in A. Sawat B. Dadu C. Muree D. Gilgit 141. A 142. D 143. B 144. A 145. C 146. A 147. A 148. C 149. C 150. B
73 Quizzes GK Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 151. What are the flat, treeless plains of Argentina called A. Pampas B. Moss C. Lichen D. none of these 152. What name is given to the programs run by a computer, as opposed to the hardware A. program B. software C. input D. output 153. Who wrote David Copperfield A. Charles Dickens B. William Wordsworth C. Shakespeare D. none of these 154. The name of which animal is an Aboriginal term meaning 'no water' A. Rat B. Snake C. Koala D. Lizard
155. Which animal has the biggest eyes of any living creature A. Elephant B. Kangaroo C. Owl D. Horse 156. The Wrigley Building is located in which US city A. New York B. Chicago C. Hawai D. none of these 157. Which is known as City of Skyscrapers A. New York B. Paris C. Belgium D. Chicago 158. The capital of Canada is A. Toronto B. Brussels C. Ottawa D. Bogota 159. Driest place in the world is A. Death Valley(California) B. Sahara(Africa) C. Barmer(Rajasthan) D. none of these 160. Largest Museum in the world is in A. USA B. China C. Africa D. Europe 151. A 152. B 153. A 154. C 155. D 156. B 157. A 158. C 159. A 160. A
74 General MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 ... 20 | 30 161. World environment day is on
A. B. C. D.
5th June 5th May 2 June 2 May
162. The world oldest known city is A. Tokyo B. Damascus C. Paris D. Beijing 163. Hindenburg Line is in between A. India and China B. Germany and Poland C. France and Germany D. India and Pakistan 164. Highest Dam in world is A. Hirakud Dam on the river Mahanadi-Orissa B. Bhakra Nangal on river Sutlej C. The Grande(Switzerland) D. none of these 165. The first prime minister of Bangladesh was A. Liaqat Ali B. Mujibur Rehman C. Yahya Khan D. Zia-ul-Haq 166. Headquarter of Ghandhara civilization is in A. Khatmandu B. Larkana C. Quetta D. Taxilla 167. Which country is largest in area A. China B. Canada C. Russia D. India 168. The largest planet is A. Jupiter B. Mercury C. Venus D. Earth 169. In which country did the rottweiler originate A. America B. Africa C. China D. Germany
170. Which colour is produced by adding together yellow and cyan A. Green B. Red C. Blue D. Pink 161. A 162. B 163. B 164. C 165. B 166. D 167. C 168. A 169. D 170. A
75 General Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 171. Where the biggest Salt Mine located in Pakistan A. Mangora B. Jhelum C. Sawat D. none of these 172. The most beautiful stone-Marble is extracted from which province of Pakistan A. Punjab B. Sindh C. NWFP D. Baluchistan 173. On which area of the moon did Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins make their landing on 20 July 1969 A. Sea of Tranquility B. unkonown place of moon C. centre of moon D. none of these 174. What name is more commonly given to a tree of the genus Taxus A. Oak B. Yew C. Plum D. Gum 175. The longest river in Pakistan is A. River Ravi B. River Sindh C. River Cheenab D. River Jehlum
176. In which cartoon series do the characters Chef and Cartman appear A. Tom and Jerry B. The Snow white C. Cindrella D. South Park 177. In which country is the port of Dieppe A. Turkey B. Germany C. France D. Italy 178. In which country are the headquarters of the multinational company Nestle A. Switzerland B. Venice C. Japan D. Norway 179. Which two primary colours are mixed to make purple A. red and green B. red and blue C. red and yellow D. red and white 180. What type of creature is a fulmar A. A reptile B. An insect C. A dog D. A bird 171. A 172. C 173. A 174. B 175. B 176. D 177. C 178. A 179. B 180. D
76 General Quiz Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 181. Who was the first president of the United States of America A. George Washington B. George Harrison C. Robert Zemeckis D. none of these 182. Which is the national flower of Pakistan
A. B. C. D.
Lilly Rose Jasmine Tulip
183. Where is the tomb of Mughal Emperor Jahangir A. Sialkot B. Multan C. Lahore D. Karachi 184. Which city in Switzerland was the headquarters of the League of Nations A. Brussels B. Geneva C. Canberra D. none of these 185. At which sport have Keiji, Okada and Yuko Hasama been world champions A. Bedminton B. Polo C. Table tennis D. Karate 186. In which US state is the port of Tarpon Springs A. Florida B. Hawaii C. Virginia D. none of these 187. Ice cream was first produced in which country in the 17th century A. England B. Italy C. France D. Germany 188. The total Area of the Capital of Pakistan 'Islamabad' is A. 800 sq Km B. 850 sq Km C. 900 sq Km D. 907 sq Km 189. What is the official language of Mexico A. Spanish B. French C. Italian D. English 190. What is the standard monetary unit of Turkey A. Lira B. Penny C. Euro D. Dollar
181. 182. 183. 184. 185. 186. 187. 188. 189. 190.
A C C B D A B D A A
77 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 191. What is the capital of Queensland, Australia A. Brisbane B. Brussels C. Beijing D. Doha 192. In which century did the Crimean War take place A. 18th B. 19th C. 17th D. 16th 193. In which US state is the city of Tallahassee A. Virginia B. Hawai C. Florida D. none of these 194. Who starred as Superman in the 1970s and 1980s film series A. Christopher Reeve B. John Belushi C. Cilla Black D. none of these 195. Which is the national bird of Pakistan A. Markhor B. Parrot C. Pigeon D. Chakor 196. Who was the second wife of King Henry VIII of England A. Anne Boleyn B. Queen Elizabeth C. Lady Diana D. none of these
197. The Painted Desert lies in which US state A. Florida B. Arizona C. Hawaii D. Virginia 198. In which year did the Titanic sink on its maiden voyage A. 1913 B. 1914 C. 1912 D. 1915 199. Which country is the world's largest producer of coffee A. Taiwan B. UK C. Brazil D. Switzerland 200. What is the capital of Libya A. Kabul B. Ajmaan C. Doha D. Tripoli 191. A 192. B 193. C 194. A 195. D 196. A 197. B 198. C 199. C 200. D
78 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 201. What are the three main languages of Switzerland A. German, French and Italian B. German, French and English C. German, French and Spanish D. English, French and Italian 202. The Second largest city of Pakistan is A. Rawalpindi B. Lahore C. Multan D. Quetta 203. The large moon Miranda is a satellite of which planet of the solar system
A. B. C. D.
Neptune Pluto Uranus Jupiter
204. Of which country is Margrethe II the reigning queen A. Turkey B. Switzerland C. Denmark D. Italy 205. Mount Cook is the highest mountain of which nation in the South Pacific A. Canada B. Brazil C. Australia D. New Zealand 206. What sort of creature is a margay A. Dog B. Cat C. Bird D. Insect 207. In which European city are the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts and the Kremlin A. Moscow B. Paris C. Brussels D. Manchester 208. How many white stars are on the national flag of the USA A. 20 B. 30 C. 40 D. 50 209. A howdah is a seat used for riding on the back of which animal A. Horse B. Bull C. Elephant D. Donkey 210. In which US state is the city of San Diego A. California B. Arizona C. Florida D. Virginia 201. A 202. B 203. C 204. C 205. D 206. B 207. A
208. D 209. C 210. A
79 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 | 2 ... 10 | 11 ... 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 ... 29 | 30 211. Who was the Greek goddess of war and wisdom A. Athena B. Lakshmi C. Ganga D. None of these 212. What is the world's largest living mammal A. Elephant B. Blue Whale C. Shark D. Giraffe 213. In 1976, Israeli troops stormed a hijacked plane at which Ugandan airport A. Entebbe B. Turin C. Venice D. None of these 214. What is the name of the large salty lake which lies between Israel and Jordan A. Salt Lake B. Dead Sea C. Death Lake D. None of these 215. In which sport is the term 'hookcheck' often used A. Polo B. Ice hockey C. Football D. Bedminton 216. Which river flows through the Sea of Galilee A. River Nile B. River Beijing C. River Jordan D. None of these 217. Gatun Lake is part of which canal A. Indus canal B. Pacific canal C. both a and b D. Panama Canal
218. In US politics, who carries the nickname 'the Veep' A. President B. General Secretory C. Vice-President D. Clerk 219. Which is Australia's largest city by population A. Sydney B. Melbourne C. Perth D. None of these 220. How many squares has a chessboard A. 24 B. 52 C. 45 D. 64 211. A 212. B 213. A 214. B 215. B 216. C 217. D 218. C 219. A 220. D
80 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 221. What colour is the ball worth three points in snooker A. Red B. Green C. Black D. Yellow 222. Which country is the most popular destination for foreign tourists A. France B. Germany C. Switzerland D. Australia 223. The Flathead Lake Monster is said to exist in which US state A. Florida B. Arizona C. Virginia D. Montana 224. Who wrote Arms and the Man and Man and Superman
A. B. C. D.
William Wordsworth Shakespeare George Bernard Shaw None of these
225. Which US president was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth A. Richard Branson B. Abraham Lincoln C. Nicholas Monsarrat D. George Bush 226. What sort of creature is a hairstreak A. Bird B. Butterfly C. Cat D. Dog 227. What number is between five and one on a dartboard A. 20 B. 10 C. 3 D. 15 228. Which continent comprises the land around the South Pole A. Asia B. Africa C. Europe D. Antarctica 229. Which English romantic poet wrote Endymion A. William Wordsworth B. Shakespeare C. John Keats D. George Bernard Shaw 230. Which bird with a distinctive call lays its eggs in the nests of other birds A. Sparrow B. Parrot C. Humming bird D. Cuckoo 221. B 222. A 223. D 224. C 225. B 226. B 227. A 228. D 229. C 230. D
81 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 231. Who was the first Emperor in China A. Sun Yat Sen B. Kublai Khan C. Qin Shi Huagdi D. None of these 232. Which body of water separates the North Island and South Island of New Zealand A. Bass Strait B. Megellan Strait C. Strait of Bonifacio D. Cook Strait 233. To which country did the Dc-10 belong which exploded in air over Niger on September 19,1989 A. UK B. Israel C. Suriname D. France 234. On Which sea is the island of Corfu situated A. Black sea B. Mediterranean sea C. Adriatic Sea D. Baltic Sea 235. What was the United States largest single land acquisition A. Louisiana Purchase B. Garsden Purchase C. Alaska D. Maxican Cessation 236. What is the second largest desert in the world after the Sahara desert A. Gobi Desert B. Arabian Desert C. Kalahari Desert D. Libyan Desert 237. What country was Band Aid's 1984 record produced to raise money for A. Bangladesh B. Ethiopia C. Kenya D. Morocco 238. For the Olympics and World Tournaments, the dimensions of basketball court are A. 26 m x 14 m B. 28 m x 15 m C. 27 m x 16 m D. 28 m x 16 m
239. Each year World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day is celebrated on A. May 8 B. May 18 C. June 8 D. June 18 240. Who was the first U.S President who was not from Massachusetts or Virginia A. James Madison B. James Polk C. Andrew Jackson D. None of these 231. C 232. D 233. D 234. C 235. A 236. B 237. B 238. B 239. A 240. C
82 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 241. Federation Cup, World Cup, Allywyn International Trophy and Challenge Cup are awarded to winners of A. Tennis B. Volleyball C. Basketball D. Cricket 242. Famous sculptures depicting art of love built some time in 950 AD - 1050 AD are A. Khajuraho temples B. Jama Masjid C. Sun temple D. Mahabalipuram temples 243. In what state is the geographic center of the United States located A. Montana B. North Dakota C. South Dakota D. Wyoming 244. Fire temple is the place of worship of which of the following religion A. Taoism B. Judaism C. Zoroastrianism (Parsi Religion) D. Shintoism 245. Who was the first cartoonist to win a Pulitzer Prize for a comic strip
A. B. C. D.
All Capp Berke Breathed Charles Schulz Garry Trudeau
246. Georgia, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan became the members of UNO in A. 1992 B. 1991 C. 1993 D. 1994 247. Germany signed the Armistice Treaty on ____ and World War I ended A. January 19, 1918 B. May 30, 1918 C. November 11, 1918 D. February 15, 1918 248. During World War II, when did Germany attack France A. 1941 B. 1940 C. 1942 D. 1945 249. In what city did james Mclamore and David Edger ton open the first Burger King in 1954 A. Colorado Springs, Colorado B. Indianapolis, Indiana C. Sacramento, California D. Miami, Florida 250. Euclid was A. Greek mathematician B. Contributor to the use of deductive principles of logic as the basis of geometry C. Propounded the geometrical theorems D. All of these 241. B 242. A 243. C 244. C 245. D 246. A 247. C 248. B 249. D 250. D
83 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 251. DRDL stands for A. Defence Research and Development Laboratary
B. C. D.
Department of Research and Development Laboratory Differential Research and Documentation Laboratary None of these
252. In which future U.S state did Custer make his famous Last Stand A. Montana B. North Dakota C. Oklahoma D. Texas 253. What author confessed' "My stories written when sober are stupid" A. Arthur conan Doyle B. Earnest Hemingway C. F. Scott Fitzgerald D. Leo Tolstoy 254. What Kansas city's name means 'potato' in the Kansa language A. Abeline B. Topeka C. Omaha D. Wichita 255. Who was the first Indian Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army A. Gen. K.M. Cariappa B. Vice-Admiral R.D. Katari C. Gen. Maharaja Rajendra Singhji D. None of these 256. How tall is the pitcher's mound in major League Baseball A. 6 inches B. 14 inches C. 18 inches D. 10 inches 257. FRS stands for A. Fellow Research System B. Federation of Regulation Society C. Fellow of Royal Society D. None of these 258. What device's invention was the main reason for demise of the Pony Express A. Radio B. Telegraph C. Telephone D. Train 259. During World War I Germany was defeated in the Battle of Verdun on the western front and Romania declared war on the eastern front in the year A. 1914 AD B. 1915 AD C. 1912 AD D. 1916 AD
260. What is the highest peak in the 48 contiguous U.S states A. Mount Elbert B. Mount Rainier C. Mount Whitney D. Pikes Peak 251. A 252. A 253. C 254. B 255. A 256. D 257. C 258. B 259. D 260. C
84 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 261. Hamid Karzai was chosen president of Afghanistan in A. 2000 B. 2002 C. 2001 D. 2003 262. Durand Cup is associated with the game of A. Hockey B. Bedminton C. Football D. Volleyball 263. What playwright's The Glass Menagerie appeared on Broadway and was made into three movies A. Arthur Miller B. David Mamet C. Noel Coward D. Tennessee Williams 264. What was the first U.S city to host the winter Olympics A. Denver B. Lake Placid C. Salt Lake city D. Squaw Valley 265. Headquarters of UNO are situated at A. New York, USA B. Haque (Netherlands) C. Geneva D. Switzerland
266. Who was the first person to sail to the southern tip of Africa, in 1488 A. Ferdinand Magellan B. James Cook C. Bartholomew Dias D. None of these 267. First International Peace Congress was held in London in A. 1564 AD B. 1843 AD C. 1845 AD D. 1545 AD 268. What was the only Grand Slam event that eluded Monica seles in both 1991 and 1992 A. Australian open B. French open C. U.S open D. Wimbledon 269. Dr. Zakir Hussain was A. the first Muslim president of India B. first vice president of India C. first president of Indian National Congress D. first speaker of Lok Sabha 270. In Robinson Crusoe, what does the title character name the native he befriends A. Wednesday B. Thursday C. Friday D. Saturday 261. B 262. C 263. D 264. B 265. A 266. C 267. B 268. D 269. A 270. C
85 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 271. Hockey was introduced in the Asian Games in A. 1958 in Tokyo B. 1962 in Jakarta C. 1966 in Bangkok D. 1970 in Bangkok 272. How many acres are in square mile
A. B. C. D.
1.6 32 640 None of these
273. ESCAP stands for A. Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific B. European Society Council for Africa and Pacific C. Economic and Social Commission for Africa and Pacific D. None of these 274. Which U.S President was born the earliest A. James Madison B. George Washington C. John Adams D. Thomas Jefferson 275. Firdausi was A. a poet B. well known for his epic 'Shahnama' C. Both option A and B D. None of these 276. The Partridge Family TV show, what did the singing family travel in A. RV B. Van C. Station wagon D. Bus 277. Himalayan Mountaineering Institute is at A. Dehradun B. Darjeeling C. Marmago D. Dispur 278. Which position did Doug Harvey play in the NHL A. Center B. Right wing C. Left wing D. Defense man 279. During the first crusade, crusaders reached Jerusalem and captured it in A. 1000 AD B. 1099 AD C. 1200 AD D. 1500 AD 280. What was venetian artist Titian's last name A. Vecchietta B. Veneziano C. Vecellio D. None of these
271. 272. 273. 274. 275. 276. 277. 278. 279. 280.
A C A B C D B D B C
86 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 281. Free market is A. a condition in the international market where nations do not impose customs duty or other taxes on import of goods B. market where the price of a commodity is determined by free play of the forces of supply and demand C. ports that are exempted from payment of customs duty on articles of commerce, primarily to encourage tourism D. none of these 282. Which U.S. state has the second most area that is covered by water A. Florida B. Alaska C. Michigan D. Minnesota 283. East Timor, which became the 191st member of the UN, is in the continent of A. Asia B. Africa C. Europe D. South Africa 284. What was English trumpeter John Shore's claim to fame in 1711 A. Creator of the modern trumpet B. First trumpeter in an orchestra C. Inventor of the tuning fork D. Saved from a bullet by his trumpet 285. GNLF stands for A. Gorkha National Liberation Front B. Gross National Liberation Form C. Both option A and B D. None of these 286. What college's men's basketball team below is not nicknamed the Wildcats A. Arizona B. Cincinnati
Kansas State Kentucky
287. Fa-Hien was A. the first Buddhist pilgrim of China to visit India during the reign of Chandragupta Vikramaditya B. the discoverer of Puerto Rico and Jamaica C. the first Buddhist pilgrim of India to visit China D. none of these 288. What is the title character's name in Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice Shylock A. B. C. D.
Bassanio Balthasar Antonia
289. Which U.S subway system has the most miles of track A. Boston B. New York C. San Francisco D. Washington, D.C 290. In 1967, which country below did not fight Isreal in the Six day war A. Egypt B. Jordan C. Lebanon D. Syria 281. B 282. C 283. A 284. C 285. A 286. B 287. A 288. D 289. D 290. C
87 General Knowledge MCQs Pages: 1 ... 11 ... 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 291. In which major U.S professional sport does the home team not usually wear white A. Major League Baseball B. National Basketball Association C. National Football League D. National Hockey League 292. Who was the gypsy heroine of The Hunchback of Notre Dame A. Daniella B. Esmeralda
293. How many continents border the Arctic Ocean A. 2 B. 4 C. 5 D. 3 294. Which U.S President first appeared on the face of the dime on Jan 30, 1946 A. Abraham Lincoln B. Franklin Roosevelt C. George Washington D. Thomas Jefferson 295. Who was the only golfer to win the British open in three different decades in the 20th century A. Bobby Jones B. Jack Nicklaus C. Gary Player D. None of these 296. What author's first novel was Hike and the Aeroplane A. Sinclair Lewis B. E.M. Forster C. Somerset Maugham D. Zane Grey 297. What profession was the first to accept what we now call tips A. Actors B. Plumbers C. Doctors D. Barbers 298. What was the first Peanuts television special A. A Charlie Brown Christmas B. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving C. It's the Great Pumpkin D. None of these 299. How many no- hitters did Nolan Ryan throw in his career, the most by any Major League Baseball pitcher A. 4 B. 7 C. 5 D. 6 300. In which country are the aptly named Snowy Mountain located A. Australia B. Canada C. Russia D. Turkey 291. C 292. B
293. 294. 295. 296. 297. 298. 299. 300.
D B C A D A B A