2. Complete the sentences with the words. milk – teeth – beaks – chambers - carnivores – omnivores - rumiants Most reptiles and amphibians eat meat. They are _________________________. Mammals, fish and birds can be herbivores, carnivores or __________________________. Mammals have different types of __________________ and birds have different types of _______________ depending of the food they eat. All baby mammals drink their mother´s _______________________________. Animals such as sheep and cows have a special way of digesting food. They hace four _____________________. These animals are called ______________________________.
3. Write the correct vertebrate group and match the sentence to the photos. a. ____________________ are warm-blooded. They have wings, feathers and beaks. b. _____________________ are cold-blooded. They are born in water, with gills and move to land when they grow lungs and legs. c. _______________________ are warm-blooded and have fur or hair. Their babies drink their mother´s milk until they can find their own food. d. ______________________ are cold-blooded. They live in water and breathe with gills. e. ______________________are cold-blooded and their bodies are covered in scales.
4. Rewrite the sentences with the correct information. a. Herbivores eat meat and carnivores eat plants. _____________________________________________________________________________. b. Cosumers produce their own food. ______________________________________________________________________________. c. Mammals, birds and fish are carnivores. ______________________________________________________________________________.
d. Most amphibians and reptiles are herbivores. ______________________________________________________________________________. e. Birds are viviparous. _______________________________________________________________________________. 5. Identify the animal group by reading the definitons. a. They are viviparous and drink their mother´s milk: __________________________________. b. They have fins and scales and breathe through their gills: _____________________________. c. They are oviparous and they lay their eggs in water. When they are adults, they breathe with their lungs or through their skin: _______________________________. 6. Complete. MAMMALS
7. Read the sentences and match to correct type of reproduction. a. The embryo develops inside the mother and
she gives birth to live offspring. b. A few species produce eggs but the eggs develop
and hatch inside the mother. c. The embryo grows outside the mother´s body inside and egg.
11. Circle the correct words. a. Myriapods/ Arachnids / Gastropods have long, thin, segmented bodies. They live in dark, dump places. b. Insects / Echinoderms / Cephalopods have large heads and tentacles. They live in water. c. Arachnids / Insects / Starfish have three body parts: a head, a thorax and an abdomen. They have two antennae, three pairs of legs and usually have wings.