Halliburton Interview Questions
Download Halliburton Interview Questions...
Halliburton interview questions Halliburton interview questions In this post, you ref top 20 interview questions for Halliburton interview process, Halliburton interview tricks and tips or free 74 common interview questions & answers. I. Sample Halliburton interview questions Please clicking links below for answer samples, answer tips… 1.
Tell me about yourself?
Explain how you would be an asset to Halliburton?
What are your greatest weakness?
How long would you expect to work for Halliburton if hired?
Why do you want to work for Halliburton?
Do you know anyone who works for Halliburton?
Why should Halliburton hire you?
What do you know about Halliburton?
Tell me about a situation in which you had to adapt to changes that you had no control
Tell us about a suggestion you made that led to improvements in your company.
Can you tell me about the last time you took initiative at work? What did you do?
12. Describe a situation in which you were able to meet a tight deadline on time. How did you prioritize your tasks and schedule? 13.
Can you describe a goal that you have achieved? What steps did you take?
14. Can you tell me about a time when you were able to complete a task or project successfully without supervision or support? 15. What were some challenges you faced on your last job? How did you handle these challenges? 16. Can you give an example from your work experience that shows your analytical abilities? 17. Can you describe a time when you had to be able to develop a working relationship quickly with someone? 18.
What are the most important factors in building successful business relationships?
Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a complex workplace politics.
Do your skills match this job or another job more closely?
II. Halliburton interview answer tips
1. Writer your job description for Halliburton job position, Halliburton interviewers may ask you: how to do, how to control, what are common mistakes of each task/duty/responsibility… 2. Identify your job specs and attributes for Halliburton divisions then ask questions: How to do, how to become, what are key skills, qualifications of … 3. List all common interview questions and answer them, you can ref: 74 interview questions and answers. 4.
You should know: What are the different types of interviews and how to face them?
Tell me about yourself? – Interview answers This question is commonly asked by most interviewers. It is a simple question; however, as the first one, it gains you more confidence and helps you create the first impression for the interviewers. 1. Answer structure: • Make a brief of your personal information: name, hometown, age and family status. • Education: state your main diplomas and certificates in relation to the job. • Experience: state 3 examples of your experience as you think the most suitable for the job. • Point out your strengths and weaknesses: This will help the employer assess you more clearly whether you are suitable to the position. Also, describe 3 – 7 strengths on education, experiences, skills and abilities. 2. Answer tips • Give brief and relevant information: Remember that you have a little time to answer and this is the first question that impresses the employer. Therefore, try to give relevant information to the position. You should practice with this question at home. Do not include any irrelevant information in the question. • Don’t make up the information: The employers have many ways to check the accuracy of the information you provide. As this is the first question, it is easy for them to remember your answers. • Manage your time of answering within 2 – 3 minutes. • Provide with more details and figures: This makes it easy for the employers to assess you and may make them impressed. For example, instead of just “help increase the sales”, you can try “help increase the sales by 24.7% within 3 months…. • Provide sufficient evidence: such as degrees, certificates or presentation attached to your resume. 3. Sample answers My name is Peter Ho and I am a project coordinator for ABC at present. I have had 06 years of working with LAMP Technology. For the past 06 years, I have worked full-time for 2 companies. In addition, I have also got 3 part-time jobs as a technical consultant and storyboard writer. My current responsibility as a project coordinator is to communicate with clients on projects (maintenance or hourly projects), assign tasks to team members, and work as a developer and
storyboard writer in my team. By this way, I can control the development of my team and increase the independence of myself from other. I am looking for challenges which can improve my abilities and opportunities which may help other clients with their projects. Attention is the best description of my strength. As a project coordinator, there are 02 crucial matters: Deadline & Quality. Thus, I shall try my best to meet the project deadline with the highest quality exceeding the clients’ expectation. Explain how you would be an asset to this organization? – Interview answers Explain how you would be an asset to this organization? 1. Answer tips When you have made some achievement for the organization, you are truly high appreciated. List the abilities that you have, show that you are capable of learning from your manager/coworkers and also from the failures and the success. Through which your abilities are increased gradually and you could surely become an expert in… Let your employer know that a property only worthy when there is loyalty. And describe your loyalty as well as your expectation of career promotion You can also compare the importance of abilities according to A, B, C…in your field. As the position of an expert, what you will learn from the company and what you can do to improve the competitiveness of your company. 2. Answer samples Sample 1: Wishing to improve my knowledge and being firm in my own path and responsibilities are my most valuable assets, and I hope these are valuable to my company as well. With my adequate knowledge and experience in this position, I think I am quite suitable to be such a valuable asset to your company. Sample 2 Communication skill, that’s my most precious asset. I am capable of bringing everyone in the team together under a positive environment. My passion and enthusiasm can be of great use for companies which focus much on teamwork. What are your greatest weakness? – Interview answers What are your greatest weakness? No one is without weakness; Don’t hesitate to answer questions like this. 1. Answer structure You can answer in these following ways: a. Turn your strength into weakness.
I am a perfectionist, so I do not like to handle my work to others because they often get the work done not as fast and qualified as I do. This answer is only appropriate if you are a good employee, not a manager. b. Turn your weakness into opportunity: You can turn your weaknesses into opportunities for you to learn and overcome challenges, for example: I am a perfectionist and I often require people to work as myself, but I realize that if I tolerate then my employees cannot make any progress. Thus, I decide to handle my work so that my employees have the chance to experience and face with difficulties. 2. Answer tips Do not show that you are a perfect person, yet do not mention too specifically. Assess the weakness - List 3 – 5 your true weakness. - Give solutions to your weakness. - Consider whether these weaknesses are related to the job or not? - Select some weaknesses to practice for the interview. 3. Answer samples - Perfectionist: I can be described as a perfectionist; however, that could be my weakness. I focus too much on details and this often gives much pressure on my subordinates; however, I am trying to resolve this weakness. Stepping back and looking at a bigger scenario should be a better way of moving on than going straightforward and focusing on smaller details. - Not good with customers: I am not very good at communicating directly with customers; as a result, I’d like to sit at back office. But don’t misunderstand. I like people, too, just not the best salesman in the world, or even a good salesman. I feel it will be much better to take a supportive role than an initiative one. - Hate paperwork: Working with paperwork is really frustrating to me. I always have difficulties dealing with this. I think it will be easier for me to do all my paperwork at a certain time rather than complete each of them at different times. That’s too hard to keep up with. How long would you expect to work for us if hired? – Interview answers How long would you expect to work for us if hired? 1. Answer structure The purpose of this question is to know how devoted you are to this company. • Give out your long-term goals. • Answer that you will work your best to achieve your career goals as well as contribute your strength to the company. 2. Answer tips
• Do not give a specific number, the interviewer do not prefer the candidate who plans to work for this company in a certain amount of time. • Do not answer too generally, such as: I’d like to work in long term. You should give out the reasons for developing your career in sync with the future of the company. 3. Answer samples Sample 1 I’d like to work for your company because I want to be part of a reputable company. I want to develop my career by contributing my effort to the success of the company. For the moment, I have no concern about how long I will stay, but rather focus on how I can improve my performance and advance in career within your company. Sample 2 You can believe that I’m a loyal employee. Unless there is no room for me in the company or no opportunity of developing my career, there is no reason for me to leave my company. Why do you want to work here? – Interview answers Why do you want to work here/ for us/ for this organization? This is a simple but very important question, which shows that whether you learn thoroughly about this company or not. It can be an advantage if your expectation matches with the current value available in the company. 1. Answer structure: The answer extent of this question include: • I just found out the job recruitment and I do not have much information about the company. • I am interested in and impressed by the company so I apply for this position. • Emphasize the strengths of the company, for example: is the number one brand in…; has the technical level of….; is the number one in the field of ….. 2. Answer tips: Study thoroughly the company that you are going to apply in to see what advantages they have for the customers and staff. • Famous brand. • High quality products. • Is highly rated in the list of companies employees want to work for. • Career promotion opportunities. • Company’s development ability. 3. Answer samples Sample 1: Your company is introducing, as I think, a new wind in ABC region. I am sure your success in this region will be guaranteed and I’d like it very much to have an opportunity to develop my career with the company in this region. Sample 2: Working in your company is not only offering me the opportunity to work in a highly professional environment, but also giving me the opportunity to work for one of the most
successful and reputable firms. I wish to have such opportunity to help with the company goals and sharing my broad experience with your experts as a team. Do you know anyone who works for us? – Interview answers Do you know anyone who works for us? 1. Answer structure You can answer as follows: • I am familiar with someone in this company. • I am acquainted with Mr. A or Ms B who are working in the position of … in this company. • I know Mr. A or I am closely related to Mr. B in this company. We work together sometimes but we are clear in work. 2. Answer tips Many companies have the policy which is not to recruit relatives and friends of employees. Such policies can be in text or sometimes they are implicit policies which even employees do not aware. These policies are often widely used in small and medium companies. You should only mention someone who is really familiar. 3. Answer samples As far as I know, there is no relative or friend of mine working in your Company. I’ve known that certain familiar relationship with a colleague or a customer sometimes affects negatively on the performance of a company. Certain companies have their policy of preventing such effect from happening. However, part of any employee’s duties is establishing relations with other colleagues and more importantly, with potential customers. And such relationships may lead to some businesses with the company as well. You can count on me that my relationship shall be only for the benefit of the organization only and none shall be for personal interest. It is essential to have a wide relationship, and I shall utilize such for the interest of the company. 4. Related docs: Why should we hire you? – Interview answers Why should we hire you? 1. Answer structure • List 3 – 5 abilities that you think are necessary for this job (from better to worse) • Show your sense of responsibility, cooperation, progressiveness, and your readiness to face with challenges, which can help you to develop the company. 2. Answer tips You should prepare for this question in the following steps: • Prepare 3 – 5 abilities that you think are necessary for your work, including: knowledge, experience, skills and qualities.
• Assess the importance of each ability and state from the better to worse. You should note the qualities, although they are not related to work sometimes, they still are essential factors which belong to company culture or specify for the job. Do not list too many abilities, although all abilities may be related sometimes, too much information will not highlight your greatest strength. 3. Answer samples Sample 1 I am an enthusiastic and hard-working person. In addition, as I’m used to handling many responsibilities at the same time, I can deal with high pressure very well. And I think, being helpful is one of the most important requirements for working in a team, and I’m absolutely very helpful. Sample 2 Sincerely, I think I am the most suitable person for this job. I know that there are many young applicants who may have just the ability to take over this responsibility, but not everyone has what it takes to give the best performance. I myself am a perfectionist, as I always try my best for the best performance at work. What do you know about us? – Interview answers What do you know about our organization? or What do you know about us? 1. Answer structure • Give 2 – 3 pieces of information you know about the company, which are appeal to customers and candidates. • Give out your skills, abilities, experiences and knowledge which can be suitable and developed. • Ask questions about the company, such as advantages compared to the opponent firms; career development opportunity, company’s ability to expand etc. 2. Answer tips Some contents you can mention include: products and services, sales compared in the industry, brand, management, history and culture of the company. Show your knowledge but do not prove that you know everything. Give the information to show your recent learning efforts. Do not give personal comments such as: I think the CEO is well-known for dressing fashionably; or the boss of the company is a powerful person…. Include active information about your research; Don’t be passive, for example: The receptionist said that the company is well-known for… 3. Answer samples Sample 1:
If the company is a large and famous one, it is better if you check their website and find out about the company’s profile as well as success/achievement and other details. Sample 2: I think your company is the best in IT industry. It provides a perfect working environment for employees, thanks to which, it may maintain a very good service in IT industry.