Drinking Water Standard

November 14, 2017 | Author: Noorul Mufas Mn | Category: Magnesium, Manganese, Chlorine, Cadmium, Ammonia
Share Embed Donate

Short Description

Drinking Water Standard...


DRINKING WATER STANDARD - First Revision (Sri Lanka Standards for potable water – SLS 614: 2013) PARAMETER A. Physical-Organoleptic requirements Colour, Hazen Units, (max.) Odour Taste Turbidity, (NTU) (Nephelometric Turbidity Units), (max.) pH at 250C + 20C B. Chemical requirements Aluminium (as Al) (mg/l) Ammonia; Free ammonia (as NH 3 ) (mg/l) Albuminoid ammonia (mg/l) Anionic detergents (as MBAS (Methylene Blue Active Substances)) (mg/l) Calcium (as Ca) (mg/l) Chloride (as Cl-) (mg/l) Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) (mg/l) Copper (as Cu) (mg/I) Fluoride (as F-) (mg/l) Free residual Chlorine (mg/l) Iron (as Fe) (mg/l)* Manganese (as Mn) (mg/l)* Magnesium (as Mg) (mg/l) ** Nitrate (as NO 3 -) (mg/l) Nitrite (as NO 2 -) (mg/l) Nickel (as Ni) (mg/l) Oil and grease (mg/l) Phenolic compounds (as C 6 H 5 OH) (mg/l) Sodium (as Na) (mg/l) Sulphate (as SO 4 2-) (mg/l) ** Total alkalinity (as CaC0 3 ) (mg/l) Total dissolved solids (mg/l), (max.) Total hardness (as CaC0 3 ) (mg/l) Total Phosphates (as PO 4 3-) (mg/l) Zinc (as Zn) (mg/l) Arsenic (as As) (mg/l) Cadmium (as Cd) (mg/l) Chromium (as Cr) (mg/l) Cyanide (as CN-) (mg/l) Lead (as Pb) (mg/l) Mercury (as Hg) (mg/l) Selenium (as Se) (mg/l)

Requirement 15 Unobjectionable Unobjectionable 2 6.5 to 8.5 0.2 0.06 0.15 0.2 100 250 10 1.0 1.0 1 0.3 0.1 30 50 3 0.02 0.2 0.001 200 250 200 500 250 2.0 3.0 0.01 0.003 0.05 0.05 0.01 0.001 0.01

C. Bacteriological requirements

(a) Treatment works and piped distribution system

E.coli /100ml or thermotolerant coliform /100ml Total Coliforms / 100 ml

(b) Large water supplies

E.coli /100ml or thermotolerant coliform /100ml Total coliforms

(c) Individual or small community supplies (include wells, bore holes and springs) E.coli /100ml or thermotolerant coliform /100ml Total Coliforms / 100 ml

*** -

Not detected (i) Shall not exceed 3 in any 100ml sample (ii) Not detected in any two consecutive samples Not detected (i) Shall not be present in 95% of samples in a year and (ii) In remaining 5% samples, shall not exceed 10/100ml Not detected Shall not exceed 10

Total concentration of Manganese (as Mn) and Iron (as Fe) shall not exceed 0.3mg/l Not more than 30 mg/l Magnesium (as Mg) if there is 250mg/l Sulphate. If there is less Sulphate, Magnesium upto 150 mg/l may be allowed.

View more...


Copyright ©2017 KUPDF Inc.