Criteria for Judging for Singing Contest
Download Criteria for Judging for Singing Contest...
Criteria and rules for singing contest This is a singing competition A karaoke machine and screen will not be available for use. Contestants must memorize the songs they will be performing. Prizes are
Who can compete: You must be 18 years of age or older or have a parent or guardian to sign up for you. Bring your own CD or cassette tapes. All contestants must be amateur entertainers. If you have a question concerning your eligibility, please contact ________________
Registration: All contestants must submit an entry form. Only one person can perform per application form.
Criteria for judging:
Voice and singing technique – 25%
Overall stage performance – 25%
Artists appeal – 20%
Uniqueness – 20%
Audience Impact – 10%
Criteria and rules for dance contest 1. composition of groups : a. Minimum of 10 to a maximum of 20 members. b. Groups may be all boys, all girls or mixed. c. Professional dancers or regularly appearing on T. V. are disqualified to join the contest. d. Dance groups found to have performed their dance routine with professional dancer/s will face outright disqualification. e. A professional dancer is someone who is financially compensated for his/her dance performance either in a private or public venue. 2. Maximum of four (5) minutes shall be allotted each group for their presentation, however each group will be given 2 minutes to prepare/set up any props or equipments needed on stage. 3. Strictly no pyrotechnics of any sort shall be allowed in any presentation. 4. There will be no restriction in creating the groups contest piece (Ethnic, folk dance, Latin) as long as it is modernized/stylized and is in the fast modern tempo.
CONTEST REQUIREMENTS: 1. All materials should be recorded in CD and must be submitted to the organizing committee, contest proper for approval to have enough time if changes are to be made. 2. All CD and CD casing should be clearly marked with the Rotaract Club name, Dance Group name and Track no. to be played. Preferably, the CD content only bears the music file to be played during the performance to avoid unnecessary delay. 3. All participating groups must submit official names of participants with their respective Global President‟s signature attesting to its authenticity. 4. On site registration will open at 2:00PM and dance competition will strictly start at 3:00PM. 5. Dance Group members must be physically present upon submission of their On-Site Registration. This will serve as the committee‟s validation of the number of participants as well as the authenticity of its members. Any discrepancy might bear demerits on the group‟s total score. CRITERIA FOR JUDGING ( DANCE CONTEST ) Costume 20% Originality 20%
Timing and coordination 20% Audience impact 15% Choreography 25%
Battle of the Bands Rules & Guidelines 1. All bands/performers must use the back line gear provided. There will be top of the line drums, guitar amps, and bass amps. The drums will have a double bass pedal. The only equipment the band should bring is your guitars, keyboards, pedals and sticks. (The City of Leduc will not provide these.) 2. Each bands/performers shall have 12 minutes or a maximum of 2-3 songs (depending on song length). These 12 minutes include time spent getting on the stage, performing, and getting off the stage. Please prepare 4 songs in case you win the event. Bands that go over time will be cut off. 3. Respect and care must be shown for all equipment provided. “If you break it, you buy it!” 4. No profane or socially unacceptable lyrics or behavior will be tolerated. Failure to abide by this rule will result in immediate disqualification. 5. The City of Leduc has the right to use your band‟s bands/performer‟s name and images in any and all promotions they wish.
6. Each bands/performers must perform at least one (1) original song. 7. Band Members will be between the ages of 14 to 25 years of age. performers submissions, only the top nine (15) bands and performers will compete. How the event works...
Rock the Rails will be held at Kalawaan Bry. Hall, feb 23,2013, 5:00 pm – 12:00 am.
The order in which the bands and singers will play shall be determined by The City of Leduc.
The bands/performers must be present for orientation prior to the start of the event (5:00pm). The playlist will be given out at that time.
If all members of your band or you the performer are not present backstage 15 minutes prior to the time you are assigned to perform, your act will be disqualified.
There will be no sound checks provided. However, the first band/performer up may be asked to do a sound check to make sure the system is running correctly. The time involved to do this will not be considered part of their set. AXE Music has been hired to ensure the best quality equipment and sound for the event.
Judging the event: The 2 or 3 songs that each band/performer performance will be judged by a panel of judges. This will determine the First, Second, Third Prizes.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING ( BATTLE OF THE BANDS ) Planning/Preparedness – 20%
* Evidence of performance planning * Preparation. Tuning – were the instruments and equipment made ready prior to performance? Did the band start on time? * Evidence of rehearsal e.g. lyrics learnt etc? Appeared ready and prepared to play? Originality – 30%
* Material. How unique did the songs sound? Did the songs fit the set? Did the songs fit the genre? * Appearance. Did the band look original? Did the band stand out? * Improvisation. Did the band demonstrate any level of original improvisational skill? I.e. „jam out‟ or vocal through an instrument change, repair or equipment failure Interface with audience – 10%
* Verbal Interaction? Did the band introduce themselves at all? Did the band talk to or with the audience? * Physical Interaction? Did the band physically participate with the audience e.g. Eye contact, head nod, acknowledgments, waving, gesturing, dancing with the audience or giving hand signals. * Confidence. Was the band confident in their interaction with the audience?
Quality of performance – 20%
* Confidence/Competence. Did the band look at ease whilst playing? Did the band appear to be able to do what they wanted to do? * Set Dynamism. Did the band‟s setlist appear to play according to a plan i.e. was it well constructed and able to manipulate the audience‟s mood? * Stage Presence. Did the band use the stage effectively? Did the band appear positive about their performance? Did the band interact effectively on stage? How did the band cope with any problems they may have encountered? * Conformance to contest rules. Did the band followed the rules stated in the contest i.e. time limit, profanity? Presentation – 20%
* Attitude. Did the band‟s on-stage attitude appear suitable to their genre i.e. were they „Punk‟ if Punk, „Raucous‟ if Rock? * Appearance. Did the band show personality on stage? Did the band appear to enjoy what they were doing? * Entertainment factor/Showmanship. Did the band entertain? Did one or the entire band display showmanship towards the crowd?