Business Communication collection from SCDL Books and my own
Download Business Communication collection from SCDL Books and my own...
1. For any clarifications , feel free to contact the undersigned. 2. IF ANYTHING ELSE, PLS FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE PLEASED TO ASSIST HERE. 3.
Please feel free to ask questions if any.
3. Business communication has limited oppurtunities for feedbacks and hence difficult to correct misunderstanding. 4. When more than one message is sent on the same subject there is good possibility of contradictions. 5. The choice of your words depends cultural upbringing . 6. The choice of words indicates one’s style, mood, culture, audience and purpose. 7. A Chinese sage said “ Speech is difficult, Silence is impossible”. 8. Listening is the mother of all speaking. 9. The people of the world are island shouting at each other across a sea of misunderstanding. 10. Listening is not only a skill of communication, but it is also skill of building relationship. 11. Impatience is born out of over confidence. 12. Gullible : Accepts everything that everyone says. 13. Strong convictions will always lead to monologue during a conversation or discussion. 14. Learning is a process that cannot be accomplished in privacy , but must be carried out in the presence of people. 15. To become an effective listener you must be committed to your personnel skill development. 16. Listening is a journey of constant improvement. 17. Ritualized behavior is ingrained , habitual behavior. 18. Prescience means knowledge about the future. 19. A common fallacy about manager is that he must be loud, flameout, drinker. 20. Mission must be tough but achievable and must be possible to tell when it has been achieved. 21. Vision is the ability to see future in a imaginative way . It is an initiation to do something. Often the desire to meet a need can fuel a vision. 22. No one can achieve his dreams with average energy and ideas. 23. Goals need to be planned, evaluated, identified. 24. The area which helps you to develop a mindset are crystallize thinking, develop sincere desire and confidence. 25. Every moment you waste in pre-occupation is a moment you steel from productivity. 26. A person tries to focus his time and energy on things that give him the maximum returns. 27. Take care of minutes and hours will take care of themselves 28. An effective tool of motivation is communication . 29. Communication is the task of imparting information. 30. A two type communication establishes and builds lasting relationships between two people.
31. The social context refers to the nature of relationship between the communication as well as who is present. 32. Egotism is an example of psychological noise. 33. Example of environmental stress is humidity. 34. The function of Manager: Planning, organizing, staffing. 35. Physical noise: The external sounds that distract the communicator. 36. What are the movements which play an important role in conveying meaning without words.: Gesture 37. Motivation and communication are two sides of the same coin. 38. Man is recognized by his behavior. 39. Resting your forearm on the table gives the impression of being: Distressed, Un interested, Indifferent. 40. Only 8 % of worries are considered as cause of concern. 41. Stress at times works as motivator, As positive. 42. Most of what we experience emotionally is a result of the way we think. 43. Work Hard to get rid of overload. 44. The most valuable asset of a company is people. 45. Wisdom lies in accepting your mistakes, apologize but do not demand from others. 46. A person is inconsistent, His words and action do not match, and he loses credibility. 47. Relationships have to be mutually beneficial and healthy to both of the parties. 48. No visual aid should be kept on for too long. 49. Date is normally written on the right corner. 50. The outward number is essential to make entry in the register. 51. The closing paragraph is written as a formality in the body of the letter. 52. Memos are written in direct order then letters, in memos effect of word is not so important as letters. 53. B2C : Business to consumer, It is an internet domain, It is useful for products and services when shopper’s aim is convenience and buyer’s aim need information about product features and price. 54. Too often people think that listening and hearing is the same things, but there is a big difference. 55. Stark reality is that as human beings we are poor listeners. 56. No one can be forced to listen. 57. I only wish I could found an institution that teaches people how to listen. After all, a good manager needs to listen at least as much as he needs to talk…. Real communication goes in both directions…. Lee Iacocca. 58. There is something else that is involved in communication that human beings find it hard to master- i.e. listening. 59. “The biggest block to personnel communication is man’s inability to listen intelligently, understandingly and skillfully to another person. This deficiency in the modern world is widespread and appalling”… M.M. Monipally. 60. The skills are acquired; the field for development is open to all. 61. “Even if we disagree, he is doing what he thinks is right.” 62. “Their instruction area is valid as mine, even though we disagree”.
63. Listen to others as you would want them to listen to you. 64. You would become a distracted listener when you are under pressure to meet deadlines or wrapped up in your own thoughts. 65. Careful listening will help us to become aware of the speaker’s framework, which will enable us to understand the message better. 66. Unnecessary msg. can backfire, even if the material is excellent . You can also loose your credibility by writing message that will have no impact. 67. Time is a rare commodity and people don’t like to squander it. 68. Drafting preliminary version of message. 69. “Writing is an art, rewriting is a craft.” 70. Deciding what to say is the most basic problem that any business communication has to solve. If the content is week, no amount of style can overcome the fact. 71. Drafting: Preliminary version of message. 72. Data based factors include concrete facts about an audience’s age, income and marital status. 73. Value based factors involve your perception of the audience attitude and belief. 74. Audience analysis is essential because each person perceives a message differently depending upon his/her unique mental filters. 75. If you expect the reaction to be negative (either to you personally or to your topic) then you will have to use external evidence and expert opinion to bolster position. 76. The first step in building credibility is to promise only what you can do, and then fulfill your promise. 77. Craft: A science that has a definite procedure. 78. Care should be taken not to revise the documents for its entire element, but rather revise the message at least three times: Once for content and organization, once for style and reliability and once for format. 79. Opening section of the message should be relevant, interesting and tuned to probable reaction of the audience. 80. Correctness of word usage comes from hearing a language while the effectiveness of words has to be cultivated. 81. Sometimes even the correct use of words has to be confirmed. 82. In business communication you should generally use words that have low connotative meaning. 83. In business communication, use concrete, specific terms whenever possible, use abstract words only when necessary. 84. In business communication the use of language has to be strong, familiar and precise. 85. Communication is best through familiar words 86. It is not enough to be bias free, but it must also appear in our speech and writing. 87. The more evidence you provide the more conclusive your case would be. 88. Human mind has a tremendous capacity to store information.
89. Disorganized message not only throws the audience into confusion, but also stands as a bad commentary on the communicator (especially in a business situation where communication plays an important role.) 90. Lack of reflection -------- Results in illogical sequence. 91. Persuasive Message --- Indirect Approach 92. A well organized message can be a motivation factor for the audience to accept the message. It helps you to get your ideas across without upsetting the audience. 93. “You” attitude establish empathy. 94. Guess work --- Results in including irrelevant information. 95. Organized message – Saves the time of the audience. 96. Indirect Approach ---- Inductive. Eager Interested Pleased Neutral
97. Care should be taken not to revise the document for all its element, but rather revise the documents for all its element, but rather revise the message at least three times: Once for content and organization, once for style and readability, and once for format. 98. Opening Section of the message should be relevant, interesting and tuned to probable reaction of the audience. 99. One important consideration in writing negative message is to avoid hurting someone’s feelings. 100. A statement that puts the audience at ease is known as “Buffer”. Buffer is a device in the opening paragraph of a negative message that attempts to soften bad news. 101. An apology weakens your explanation for the unfavorable decisions. 102. If you present your reason effectively, they will help convince your audience that the decision is justified, fair and logical. 103. Adoption is the essence of most sales letter. 104. Negative Message: Detailed, Tactful, Individualized, And Unapologetic. 105. If the message is handled carelessly it may cause the audience to react emotionally. 106. Persuasion is the process of influencing or changing attitude, belief, behavior of your audience. 107. Justification Reports: Justification reports are internal proposals used to persuade top management to approve an investment or a project. When the reader is concerned about what action to take, use recommendation as the main points. This structure is extremely efficient
because it focuses the reader’s attention on what needs to be done. You can use a similar approach when you are asked to analyze a problem or are opportunity and draw conclusions rather than provide recommendation.
MY OWN 1. Bad lunch makes rest of the day worst. 2. Failures have millions of excuses but success has only one reason that it wants to be succeeded.