Aptitude Sample Paper
Download Aptitude Sample Paper...
Section: Aptitude Total Questions: 25 Time Duration: 30 Minutes Directions for Questions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5: Read the following information and answer the questions given below. I. II. III. IV. V.
Eleven students A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J and K are sitting in a row of the class facing the teacher. D, who is to the immediate left of F, is second to the right of C. A is second to the right of E, who is at one of the ends. J is the immediate neighbour of A and B and third to the left of G. H is to the immediate left of D and third to the right of I.
1) Who is sitting in the middle of the row? A) C B) I C) B D) G 2) Which of the following groups of friends is sitting to the right of G? A) IBJA B) ICHDF C) CHDF D) CHDE 3) Who is sitting to the immediate left of A? A) E B) J C) B D) K 4) Which of the following statements is true in the context of the above sitting arrangements? A) There are three students sitting between D and G. B) G and C are neighbours sitting immediate right of H. C) B is sitting between J and I. D) K is sitting between A and J.
Copyright© 2011 HiRePro Consulting Private Limited. All rights reserved. Page 1 of 6
5) If E and D, C and B, A and H and K and F interchange their positions, which of the following pairs of students are sitting at the end? A) D and E B) E and F C) D and K D) K and F Directions for Questions 6, 7 and 8: Read the following information and answer the questions given below. Madhuri, Durgesh and Priti are Literate; Madhuri, Priti and Richa are Innocent; Priti, Richa and Mahima are Employed; Madhuri, Durgesh, Richa and Mahima are Polite. 6) Who is Literate, Innocent, Polite but not Employed? A) Madhuri B) Durgesh C) Priti D) Richa 7) Who is neither Innocent nor Employed? A) Madhuri B) Durgesh C) Priti D) Mahima 8) Who is Employed and Polite, but neither Literate nor Innocent? A) Madhuri B) Durgesh C) Priti D) Mahima 9) A fruit seller sells mangoes at Rs. 9 per Kg and thereby loses 20 %. At what price per Kg he should have sold them to make a profit of 5 %? A) Rs. 11.81 B) Rs. 12.31 C) Rs. 15.00 D) Rs. 16.00
Copyright© 2011 HiRePro Consulting Private Limited. All rights reserved. Page 2 of 6
10) If a man takes same time for running 20 meters as much as a car takes to cover 500 meters, then the distance covered by the man when the car has covered a distance of 6 kms is A) 240 meters B) 200 meters C) 250 meters D) 290 meters 11) In a family, a couple has a son and a daughter. The age of the father is three times of his daughter and the age of the son is half of his mother. The wife is nine years younger to her husband and the brother is seven years older than his sister. What is the age of the mother? A) 40 years B) 50 years C) 45 years D) 60 years 12) The monthly salaries of A and B are in the ratio of 3 : 5. If each receives an increase of Rs. 20 in the salary, the ratio changes to 13 : 21. A’s present salary is A) Rs. 240 B) Rs. 260 C) Rs. 210 D) Rs. 400 13) A boat takes 2 times as long to row a distance upstream as to row the same distance down – steam. If the river flows at the rate of 1 km / hr, the speed of the boat in still water is: A) 3 km / hr B) 7 / 2 km / hr C) 4 km / hr D) 9 / 2 km / hr 14) In a joint family, the average age of grandparents is 67 years, the average age of parents is 35 years and that of three grand children is 6 years. What is the average age of the family? A) 200 / 7 years B) 222 / 7 years C) 65 / 2 years D) Data Inadequate 15) A tap can fill a tank in 16 minutes and another can empty it in 8 minutes. If the tank is already half full and both the tanks are opened together, the tank will be A) Filled in 12 minutes B) Emptied in 12 minutes C) Filled in 8 minutes D) Emptied in 8 minutes Copyright© 2011 HiRePro Consulting Private Limited. All rights reserved. Page 3 of 6
16) Mohan earns 25 % less than Sohan, but 20 % more than Ram. If Ram earns Rs. 90 less than Sohan, find their respective earnings. A) Rs. 180, Rs. 150, Rs. 240 B) Rs. 175, Rs. 155, Rs. 230 C) Rs. 120, Rs. 150, Rs. 190 D) Rs. 110,Rs. 140, Rs. 190 17) AC is tangent to a circle with centre O at the point A. OAC is an isosceles triangle. What is the measure of OCA? A) 50o B) 45o C) 42o D) 55o 18) A single letter is selected at random from the word “PROBABILITY”. The probability that the selected letter is a vowel is A) 2 / 11 B) 3 / 11 C) 4 / 11 D) 0 19) A, B, C and D play a game of cards. A says to B. ‘If I give you 8 cards, you will have as many as C has and I shall have 3 less than what C has. Also if I take 8 cards from C, I shall have twice as many as D has. If B and D together have 50 cards, how many cards has A got? A) 27 B) 23 C) 37 D) 40 20) A job is completed by 16 unskilled workers in 10 days. The same job is completed by 10 skilled workers in 12 days. How many days will be taken by 8 unskilled workers and 6 skilled workers working together to complete the job? A) 12 B) 5 C) 16 D) 10
Copyright© 2011 HiRePro Consulting Private Limited. All rights reserved. Page 4 of 6
21) Find out the wrong number in the given series: 4, 9, 16, 25, 34, 49, 64 A) B) C) D)
4 16 34 49
Directions for Questions 22, 23, 24 and 25: Read the following information and answer the questions given below. Food Grain Production in a Country in 2000 (in Lakh tons) State
P Q R S T U V W
45 48 59 41 37 68 57 38
103 86 32 37 22 15 8 28
– 73 67 59 41 12 7 31
27 19 14 21 13 – 12 22
29 15 31 15 11 18 10 45
22) State P alone accounted for approximately what percentage of Others Production in the country? A) 20 % B) 22.8 % C) 35 % D) 16.66 % 23) If the average per hectare yield of Rice in the country was 30 tons, then the approximate area (in Lakh hectares) under Rice cultivation during the year was A) 1.5 B) 8 C) 13 D) 40
Copyright© 2011 HiRePro Consulting Private Limited. All rights reserved. Page 5 of 6
24) What was the proportion of Rice Production to Wheat Production in the country? A) 1 : 1 B) 0.8 : 1 C) 1.2 : 1 D) 2 : 1 25) Which State has the highest Grain Production? A) P B) Q C) R D) S
Copyright© 2011 HiRePro Consulting Private Limited. All rights reserved. Page 6 of 6