Android Multiple Choice Questions
android multiple choice questions...
1) Android is licensed under which open source licensing license? A. Gnu’s GPL B. Apache/MIT C. OSS D. Sourceforge Ans: B
2) Although most people’s first thought when they think of Android is Google, Android is not actually owned by Google. Who owns the Android platform? A. Oracle Technology B. Dalvik C. Open Handset Alliance D. The above statement is and Android is owned by Google Ans: C
3) As an Android programmer, what version of Android should you use as your minimum development target? A. Versions 1.6 or 2.0 B. Versions 1.0 or 1.1 C. Versions 1.2 or 1.3 D. Versions 2.3 or 3.0 Ans: A
ANDROID Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
4) What was Google’s main business motivation for supporting Android? A. To level the playing field for mobile devices B. To directly compete with the iPhone C. To corner the mobile device application market for licensing purposes D. To allow them to advertise more Ans: D
5) What was the first phone released that ran the Android OS? A. Google gPhone B. TMobile G1 C. Motorola Droid D. HTC Hero Ans: B
6) From a phone manufacturer’s point of view, what makes Android so great?
A. Aside from some specific drivers, it provides everything to make a phone work B. It makes the hardware work better C. It allows them to compete with Apple’s iPhone D. It allows users to create apps, generating revenue for the companies Ans: A
7) What is a funny fact about the start of Android? A. It was orginaly going to be called UFO B. The first version of Android was released without an actual phone on the market C. Androids main purpose was to unlock your car door when you left the keys inside of it. D. Was going to be a closed source application to make more money for its company. Ans: B
8) What year was the Open Handset Alliance announced? A. 2005 B. 2006 C. 2007 D. 2008 Ans: C
9) A device with Android installed is needed to develop apps for Android.
A. True B. False Ans: B
10) Android tries hard to ______________ lowlevel components, such as the software stack, with interfaces so that vendorspecific code can be managed easily. A. confound B. absract C. modularize D. compound Ans: B 11) Google licensed some proprietary apps. A. True B. False Ans: A 12) What part of the Android platform is open source? A. lowlevel Linux modules B. all of these answers #The entire stack is an open source platform C. native libraries D. application frame work E. complete applications Ans: B 13) When did Google purchase Android?
A. 2007 B. 2005 C. 2008 D. 2010 Ans: B 14) Android releases since 1.5 have been given nicknames derived how? A. Adjective and strange animal B. Food C. Something that starts w/ ‘A’ > Something that starts w/ ‘B’… D. American states Ans: B
15) Which one is not a nickname of a version of Andriod? A. cupcake B. Gingerbread C. Honeycomb D. Muffin Ans: D
16) Android doesn’t make any assumptions about a device’s screen size, resolution, or chipset.: A. True B. False Ans: A 17) Why are the so few users left with versions 1.0 and 1.1?
A. The first phones were released with version 1.5 B. 1.0 and 1.1 had security holes that forced carriers to recall phones using them C. 1.0 and 1.1 are just number designations for the version Apple’s iPhone is running D. Everyone with 1.0 and 1.1 were upgraded to 1.5 over the air automatically Ans: D 18) Which Android version had the greatest share of the market as of January 2011? A. 1.1 B. 1.5 C. 2.3 D. 3.4 Ans: B 19) Which piece of code used in Android is not open source? A. Keypad driver B. WiFi? driver C. Audio driver D. Power management Ans: B
20) Android is built upon the Java Micro Edition (J2ME) version of Java. A. True B. False Ans: B
21) Which among these are NOT a part of Android’s native libraries?
A. Webkit B. Dalvik C. OpenGL D. SQLite Ans: B 22) Android is based on Linux for the following reason. A. Security B. Portability C. Networking D. All of these Ans: D 23) What operating system is used as the base of the Android stack? A. Linux B. Windows C. Java D. XML Ans: A 24) What year was development on the Dalvik virtual machine started? A. 2003 B. 2005 C. 2007 D. 2006 Ans: B 25) What is a key difference with the distribution of apps for Android based devices than other mobile device platform applications?
A. Applications are distributed by Apple App Store only B. Applications are distributed by multiple vendors with different policies on applications. C. Applications are distributed by multiple vendors with the exact same policies on applications. D. Applications are distributed by the Android Market only. Ans: B 26) When developing for the Android OS, Java byte code is compiled into what? A. Java source code B. Dalvik application code C. Dalvik byte code D. C source code Ans: C 27) What does the .apk extension stand for? A. Application Package B. Application Program Kit C. Android Proprietary Kit D. Android Package Ans: A 28) When you distribute your application commercially,you’ll want to sign it with your own key. A. True B. False Ans: A 29) How does Google check for malicious software in the Android Market?
A. Every new app is scanned by a virus scanner B. Users report malicious software to Google C. Google employees verify each new app D. A seperate company monitors the Android Market for Google Ans: B 30) Which of these are not one of the three main components of the APK? A. Dalvik Executable B. Resources C. Native Libraries D. Webkit Ans: D 31) What is the name of the program that converts Java byte code into Dalvik byte code? A. Android Interpretive Compiler (AIC) B. Dalvik Converter C. Dex compiler D. Mobile Interpretive Compiler (MIC) Ans: C 32) What was the main reason for replacing the Java VM with the Dalvik VM when the project began? A. There was not enough memory capability B. Java virtual machine was not free C. Java VM was too complicated to configure D. Java VM ran too slow Ans: B 33) Android Applications must be signed.
A. After they are installed B. Before they are installed C. Never D. Within two weeks of installation Ans: B 34) Which of the following are not a component of an APK file? A. Resources B. All of these are components of the APK C. Native Libraries D. Dalvik executable Ans: B 35) The AWT and Swing libraries have been removed from the Android library set. A. True B. False Ans: A 36) The R.java file is where you edit the resources for your project. A. True B. False Ans: B 37) What is contained within the manifest xml file? A. The permissions the app requires B. The list of strings used in the app C. The source code D. All other choices Ans: A
38) What is contained within the Layout xml file? A. Orientations and layouts that specify what the display looks like. B. The permissions required by the app. C. The strings used in the app. D. The code which is compiled to run the app. Ans: A 39) The emulated device for android. A. Runs the same code base as the actual device, all the way down to the machine layer. B. Is more of a simulator, and acts as a virtual machine for the Android device. C. Runs the same code base as the actual device, however at a higher level. D. An imaginary machine built on the hopes and dreams of baby elephants. Ans: A
40) Your Java source code is what is directly run on the Android device. A. True B. False Ans: B 41) The Emulator is identical to running a real phone EXCEPT when emulating/simulating what? A. Telephony B. Applications C. Sensors D. The emulator can emulate/simulate all aspects of a smart phone. Ans: C 42) How is a simulator different from an emulator?
A. Emulators are only used to play old SNES games, simulators are used for software development B. The emulator is shipped with the Android SDK and third party simulators are not C. The emulator can virtualize sensors and other hardware features, while the simulator cannot D. The emulator imitates the machine executing the binary code, rather than simulating the behavior of the code at a higher level. Ans: D
43) The R file is a(an) generated file A. Automatically B. Manually C. Emulated D. None of the above Ans: A 44) An activity can be thought of as corresponding to what? A. A Java project B. A Java class C. A method call D. An object field Ans: B 45) To create an emulator, you need an AVD. What does it stand for? A. Android Virtual Display B. Android Virtual Device C. Active Virtual Device
D. Application Virtual Display Ans: B 46) The Android SDK ships with an emulator. A. True B. False Ans: A 47) The ___________ file specifies the layout of your screen. A. Layout file B. Manifest file C. Strings XML D. R file Ans: A 48) The manifest explains what the application consists of and glues everything together. A. True B. False Ans: A 49) The Android Software Development Kit (SDK) is all you need to develop applications for Android. A. True B. False Ans: A 50) What is the driving force behind an Android application and that ultimately gets converted into a Dalvik executable?
A. Java source code. B. Rfile. C. the emulator. D. the SDK Ans: A 51) While developing Android applications, developers can test their apps on… A. Emulator included in Android SDK B. Physical Android phone C. Thirdparty Emulators (Youwave, etc.) D. All three options will work. Ans: D
52) What file is responsible for glueing everthing together , explaining what the applicatin consists of, what its main building blocks are, ext…? A. Layout file B. Strings XML C. R file D. Manifest file Ans: D 53) The XML file that contains all the text that your application uses. A. stack.xml B. text.xml C. strings.xml D. string.java Ans: C
54) Which of the following is the most “resource hungry” part of dealing with Activities on Android A. Closing an app B. Suspending an app C. Opening a new app D. Restoring the most recent app Ans: C 55) What runs in the background and doesn’t have any UI components? A. Intents B. Content Providers C. Services D. Applications Ans: C 56) What is an Activity? A. A single screen the user sees on the device at one time B. A message sent among the major building blocks C. A component that runs in the background without any interface. D. Context referring to the application environment. Ans: A 57) When an activity doesn’t exist in memory it is in. A. Starting state B. Running state C. Loading state D. Inexistent state. Ans: A
58) Which of the following is NOT a state in the lifecycle of a service? A. Starting B. Running C. Destroyed D. Paused Ans: D 59) There is no guarantee that an activity will be stopped prior to being destroyed. A. True B. False Ans: A 60) Intents A. are messages that are sent among major building blocks B. trigger activities to being, services to start or stop, or broadcast C. are asynchronous D. all of these Ans: D
61) In an explicit intent, the sender specifies the type of receiver. A. True B. False Ans: B 62) an implicit intent is the sender specifies the type of receiver? A. True B. False Ans: A
63) When the activity is not in focus, but still visible on the screen it is in? A. running state B. Paused state C. stopped state D. destroyed state Ans: B 64) An activity in a stopped state is doing nothing. A. True B. False Ans: B 65) Application contexts are independent of the activity life cycle. A. True B. False Ans: A
66) Services have any user interface components A. True B. False Ans: B 67) Broadcast receivers are Android’s implementation of a system wide publish/subscribe mechanism, or more precisely, what design pattern? A. Observer B. Facade C. Mediator
D. Command Ans: A 68) There can be only one running activity at a given time. A. True B. False Ans: A 69) YAMBA stands for Yet Another Mobile Banking App. A. True B. False Ans: B
70) Lists and adapters are more organizational aids than user interface elements in Android. A. True B. False Ans: A 71) What builtin database is Android shipped with? A. SQLite B. Apache C. MySQL D. Oracle Ans: A 72) Creating a UI (User Interface) in Android requires careful use of… A. Java and SQL B. XML and Java C. XML and C++
D. Dreamweaver Ans: B
73) A good example app should demonstrate most of the aspects of the application framework that are unique to Android. A. True B. False Ans: A 74) What will services be used for in the Yamba project? A. Recompile the source code B. It will update tweets periodically in the background C. The services will pause the app D. Configures the user interface Ans: B 75) Which answer is not part of the design philosophy talked about in chapter five? A. Always whole and complete B. Small increments C. Lagre increments D. Refactoring code Ans: C 76) App Widgets are can be place on the home screen by the user to check for updates are available? A. True B. False Ans: A
77) The android OS comes with many useful system services, which include processes you can easily ask for things such as your.. A. All of these and more. B. Location C. Sensor Readings D. WiFi? Hot Spots Ans: A 78) What does the Gargenta mean in his Design Philosophy when he says that the project will, “Always be whole and complete”? A. He means that when we finish the entire project we will have a working application, even though there will be points along the way when we will stop and the application will not run. B. He means that the program must always be able to compile. C. He means that we will work on the program by adding self contained chunks to it so that at every stopping point the application runs as though it were a whole and complete application. Each additional chunk simply adds a new functionality to the application. D. None of the above Ans: C 79) An Android application is a loose collection of content providers, activities, broadcast receivers, and services. A. True B. False Ans: A 80) Which of the following is NOT an activity we will be creating for the YAMBA project?
A. Preferences Activity B. Update Activity C. Timeline Activity D. Status Activity Ans: B 81) The timeline receiver will receive messages from the Android system. A. True B. False Ans: B 82) Status data will be exposed to the rest of the Android system via: A. Intents B. A content provider C. Network receivers D. Altering permissions Ans: B
83) If the UI begins to behave sluggishly or crash while making network calls, this is likely due to… A. Network latency B. Hardware malfunctions C. Virus on the Server D. Activity manager contains too much. Ans: A 84) How does Gargenta approach the problem of the app acting sluggishly due to network latency?
A. Starting over B. Switching API levels C. Refactoring code D. Multithreading Ans: D
ANDROID Objective type Questions and Answers pdf free download ::
April 28, 2014
Android Multiple Choice
Comment (http://interviewquestionsanswerspdf.com/2014/04/androidmultiplechoicequestionsand answers/#respond)
85 TOP ANDROID Multiple Choice Questions and Answers pdf (http://interviewquestionsanswerspdf.com/tag/85topandroidmultiplechoicequestionsandanswerspdf/)
← 100 REAL TIME AGILE TESTING Multiple Choice Questions and Answers (http://interviewquestionsanswerspdf.com/2014/04/agiletestingmultiple choicequestionsandanswers/) 30 REAL TIME BLACKBERRY Multiple Choice Questions and Answers → (http://interviewquestionsanswerspdf.com/2014/04/blackberrymultiple choicequestionsandanswers/) ADD COMMENT
Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. Comment